I have a good feeling about this season

Hawks46

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":xuqsc590 said:
Hawks46":xuqsc590 said:
MizzouHawkGal":xuqsc590 said:
I'm thinking13-3/14-2. We signed Baldwin and we have Lockett, both locked up and both have serious chemistry with Wilson. Rawls is supposedly good to go as is Graham. We have our combination TE in Vanett, our pass catching RB with Procise. And well, the defense is totally reloaded. And we have Browner in the position he always should have been in and Clemons to teach the young guys the Seahawk way.

I think 13-3 is reasonable and 14-2 is definitely possible. To get that high, we're going to have to win out at home, and field something close to an NFL average OL at the start of the season. We can't dig a hole with the offense again and expect to win 14 games.
Agreed. But schedule seems favorable and if the things I'm hearing about Collins are true it should be totally attainable. Fact is the only question mark on this team is the OL and we've proven we can do a solid workaround on that already. I mark Los Angeles in LA, Green Bay and New England as our probable loses.

Good point about the schedule. It's definitely not front loaded like last year.

The Collins reference is exactly why I'm excited about next year. We're so deep in so many positions, if Rawls gets us an entire year, we're in great shape. We got enough of a sample size last year. If he gets hurt, Michael stepped in and played at an NFL average starter level, which is all you can expect at the #2. His roadblocks were always maturity and attitude, he's phenomenal from a physical standpoint and I don't believe we've seen what his ceiling can be. Then you have Collins and Prosise, whom I believe have high ceilings.

We're going to be a hard offense to defend next year. We have Lockett and Richardson that can take the top off of the defense. We have Baldwin, Willson, Vannett and Kearse than can win the intermediate and contested catches, we have Lockett and Baldwin that can stretch defenses horizontally with their elite quickness, and we have all of our RB's that are good at catching the ball, with Prosise looking to be elite from the backfield. We have short, long, wide....it's going to be very hard to cover all the areas we can attack, which means we are going to get our athletes in 1 on 1's in space.

If the OL comes in average, we're going to be a good run blocking team with the size and athleticism we have, and if they give Wilson more time, he's going to eviscerate teams through the air while we're bludgeoning them to death on the ground. This could seriously look like USC in it's heyday.

LolaRox

Reaction score
I usually go into each season with lots of optimism and excitement, last year being an exception. 2015 was tough to get and maintain any 'good feelings' - the stench of the SB loss, the injuries, Kam's holdout, the o-line foolishness and the slow start all tempered my normal excitement for a fresh new season.

Not this year, I feel good where the team is. I like the offseason transactions (cuts, draft, signings, extensions...) and there seems to be a level of competition that has been missing for a couple years. Since the SB win, the the team has been losing good talent but the replacements never seem to better than what was lost. This year feels different, the incoming talent looks to have some promise (only time will tell).

So yes OP, I too have a good feeling about this season and am very much looking forward to it. :snack:

SE174

Reaction score
I'm very optimistic as well, especially due to the schedule, given Pete's team's tendency to start off the season slow, then go on a heater. The schedule starts off relatively easy compared to year's past; we should be 4-0 heading into the week 5 bye, 3-1 at the worst with the biggest challenge being the 10am cross-country game @NYJ.

I just hope that the OL doesn't take 10 weeks to gel and that we can start off with quick strike passing attack like we did after the bye week last year to mitigate the pass protection issues. Very excited to see what Rawls can do as a week 1 starter, likewise with Lockett getting more playing time.

Gonna be a fun year.

SE174

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":r9e1f3f0 said:
Hawks46":r9e1f3f0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":r9e1f3f0 said:
I'm thinking13-3/14-2. We signed Baldwin and we have Lockett, both locked up and both have serious chemistry with Wilson. Rawls is supposedly good to go as is Graham. We have our combination TE in Vanett, our pass catching RB with Procise. And well, the defense is totally reloaded. And we have Browner in the position he always should have been in and Clemons to teach the young guys the Seahawk way.

I think 13-3 is reasonable and 14-2 is definitely possible. To get that high, we're going to have to win out at home, and field something close to an NFL average OL at the start of the season. We can't dig a hole with the offense again and expect to win 14 games.
Agreed. But schedule seems favorable and if the things I'm hearing about Collins are true it should be totally attainable. Fact is the only question mark on this team is the OL and we've proven we can do a solid workaround on that already. I mark Los Angeles in LA, Green Bay and New England as our probable loses.

While I wouldn't put it past the Rams to hand us a L to start the year, I've gotta think a rookie QB in only his second start, against our D, is gonna make it a tough out for them. They have a great matchup with their DL against our OL, but Wilson >>>>>>>>>>>> Goff. Plus, Pete will be right at home in the Coliseum. :2thumbs:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
bighawk":1d9k6e1o said:
I also think the team needs to reestablish its dominance at home. No more home losses and century link needs to bring the intimidation factor back. I think bringing back Browner and Clemons will help foster the swagger we had in 2013. The team and the fans need to do their parts. Go hawks!!!

If you look at the moves made in this offseason -- this is the dominant theme.

SE174":1d9k6e1o said:
I just hope that the OL doesn't take 10 weeks to gel and that we can start off with quick strike passing attack like we did after the bye week last year to mitigate the pass protection issues. Very excited to see what Rawls can do as a week 1 starter, likewise with Lockett getting more playing time.

That's the advantage of going with a quick passing game. You mask shortcomings of pass protection by getting the ball out earlier. I said as much heading into last season that we should adopt a more Patriots style passing attack to limit hits and sacks.

I fully expect that Seattle will continue to use this. The staff is pretty great at figuring stuff out and learning from mistakes. Pete's often repeated it's not how you start, it's how you finish. But I think last year (coupled with 2014) was an eye opener even for Pete. You can't win your division in September but you sure can lose it. If Arizona comes out 4-0 for a third straight year, we can't spot them 2 games in the standings and get where we want to be. I fully expect Seattle to emphasize the start more this year and not allow us to fumble through the first 6 games before we fix what's patently broken. I expect Pete to evolve his approach. Because he's actually pretty good at that. I don't see the OL performance to be improved at least for the first half of the season. So I expect us to account for that better at the start of this season.

I'm stoked as well. Mainly because a lot of key players have the expectation to be better as they approach their prime. Wilson should be better. Already a top 5 QB in this league he has a very real shot to be the premier QB in the league. The bar for him is really MVP level. Lockett I fully expect to be greatly improved. He was outstanding in his rookie year but his ability to work and grow were easily apparent last year. He's a guy who should look miles ahead of where he left off. I expect Clark to have a breakout year.

The names don't have to change for us to be an improved team. The key elements of this team are just now getting to their 3-5 year prime production. Extremely bullish on this season. And really do love the recognition by the organization to emphasize and reclaim it's physical nature.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I feel even better than I did prior to the 2013 season. I think the depth will also be better than in 2013. I think that the team as a whole is the healthiest it's been in the RW era. The only BAD thing I can see is how they will be able to chisel the roster down to 53. This year, more so than any others, I feel that the Hawks are going to have to cut some really good players, and unfortunately, many of those players will go on to have successful careers with other teams. I can't remember another year where the FO is going to have to cut so much talent...I don't see how they will be able to make the cuts.

Willyeye

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3bib6mn3 said:
Re: I have a good feeling about this season.......

That's what the Mariner fans were saying the end of May.

Regardless of the sport, having so many injuries concurrently is tough to overcome. The Mariners had a horrible rash of injuries in a very short time...their bad luck was pretty incredible.

Willyeye

Reaction score
kf3339":33lfzpaf said:
HawkFan72":33lfzpaf said:
kf3339":33lfzpaf said:
I am very optimistic as long as PC doesn't in affect throw away early games like he did last year. Those losses trying to experiment with that craptastic OL was just pathetic. Perhaps having to battle just to get a wildcard seed and Loss to Carolina made him realize that point. I don't know.

But if they straighten out the OL very early then I can see a very dominant season including another SB victory. But the OL is our Achilles Heel.

Seahawks always suck in October since Pete Carrol got here. Every year. It is their worst month of the season, without exception. So I am expecting the same this year. But if they can have a good September record and go .500 in October, they will be in great shape because they always turn it up in the 2nd half of the year.

We started 2-2 last season with a joke as our starting center. Not his fault at all since he never should have been in that position. So for me I do want to see no experiments on the starting O-Line and that means Britt on the sideline. Just how I see it.

I know that a lot of 12's see it that way, but I don't think Nowak was as bad as people think. He actually had the 2nd highest grade from PFF (I know it's PFF, but still) on the O-Line, behind only Okung. Are you 100% sure that it wan't also the tough early schedule and the fact that Nowak was playing alongside Britt and Sweezy? The three of them couldn't keep the pocket from collapsing. Could it also be the fact that when Lewis played Center, they had a much easier schedule and Wilson got the ball out much quicker? There must be a reason that for the 2nd straight year, the staff is more or less not even allowing Lewis to compete for the starting job...bear in mind, even with Lewis in there, the O-Line didn't do all that well against really good front 7's like the Panthers and the Vikings. My gut tells me that the coaches don't think Lewis is good at play-calling. I guess that if Britt and Hunt fail at taking the Center job. Lewis may once again be the starting Center. I do believe that whoever plays Center, they will be much better because they'll be playing alongside Glow and Ifedi. Those 2 will be beasts compared to Britt and Sweezy.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
original poster":2cyfh4n1 said:
Am I alone? I bet I'm not.

I have that 2013 feeling. in-fact, I have a better feeling than 2013.

Yes, there may be a couple of question marks, can our o-line deliver, will Jimmy Graham and Thomas Rawls be 100%?

Despite all that, I am beyond excited to watch the 2016 Seahawks, I see nothing but a dominant season throughout and going all the way.

Theres just too many exciting players on this roster to not be a serious consideration, this draft class, IMO, will be the best we've ever had.

Tyler Lockett is going to explode on an already tremendous rookie year.
Jarran Reed was one hell of a steal.
Rawls as our starter from week 1? Wow.
Nick Vannett is exactly what we needed at tight end.
Kam back to being Kam.
Brandon Browner on board to help guide the younger guys and stop us getting exploited by opposition TE's.
Russell Wilson looking to be even better. Just think about that for a second...

Seattle Seahawks. 2016 World Champions.
I'm feelin you.

!!!!GO!HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

kev007

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2ec8uqpo said:
original poster":2ec8uqpo said:
Am I alone? I bet I'm not.

I have that 2013 feeling. in-fact, I have a better feeling than 2013.

Yes, there may be a couple of question marks, can our o-line deliver, will Jimmy Graham and Thomas Rawls be 100%?

Despite all that, I am beyond excited to watch the 2016 Seahawks, I see nothing but a dominant season throughout and going all the way.

Theres just too many exciting players on this roster to not be a serious consideration, this draft class, IMO, will be the best we've ever had.

Tyler Lockett is going to explode on an already tremendous rookie year.
Jarran Reed was one hell of a steal.
Rawls as our starter from week 1? Wow.
Nick Vannett is exactly what we needed at tight end.
Kam back to being Kam.
Brandon Browner on board to help guide the younger guys and stop us getting exploited by opposition TE's.
Russell Wilson looking to be even better. Just think about that for a second...

Seattle Seahawks. 2016 World Champions.
I'm feelin you.

!!!!GO!HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm In!!

I'm super excited about this season, we look so deep in pretty much every position and my only concerns are 1) OL and 2) QB if Russ gets injured. If the OL is even decent and RW plays a full season, I can see us back in the SB :D

Go 'Hawks.

Kev