I'm Excited About Next Season

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
This is the first year I don’t think we draft a D-lineman in the first round. Maybe an LB stud to join Wagz and Wright.

Otherwise, at the very least I see them trading down but still picking RB first. Chubbs and Guice may be available in the 2nd or 3rd

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Our secondary looks good, new guys did well. QB is good, receivers are decent, LB's are good with not much depth. A lot to build on, but a lot of things need fixed.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2vwo31yh said:
WilsonMVP":2vwo31yh said:
Im excited if Bevell and or Cable is gone...

If both of them are here I am not even going to watch next year..and im 100 percent serious...im done with both of them. Its not even fun watching for most of the game. Almost every first half makes me want to gouge my eyes out with how ineffective this offense is.

You'll be watching just fine once we have a healthy RB again.

Good OP. Seattle still has a load of talent on paper once they come off the injured list, and now, Duane Brown. The only place that's really a total question mark is LG and WLB.

No i literally wont....I will watch ONLY the Viking game because I also watch the Vikings. If nothing changes im done watching this team next year. I cannot watch another BS 1st and 2nd quarter where our Offense pisses all over themselves praying for the D to stop a team for an entire half so we have a chance to win

Ill still post and look at the stats and highlights or whatever but im not going to spend that whole time watching our offense do nothing again. The fact that neither one has been fired yet is rediculous and if Pete refuses to do it then he needs to be fired too along with all of them

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
adeltaY":2sqdus7w said:
Okay which RB fits that mold this year? Gurley? Not a transcendental talent as shown by his down year last year. Zeke? Rushing stats were almost identical when he was in or out as long as Tyron Smith played. Examples to the contrary are all over the place.

Lev Bell was a second rounder, Kamara was a third rounder, David Johnson was a third rounder, Jordan Howard was a fifth rounder, Devonta Freeman fourth rounder, Karen Hunt third rounder, Alex Collins fifth rounder, and we can go on. All those guys have shown promise or are proven contributors.

Dalvin Cook last year in the draft we could of had instead of Mcdowell. He was leading the league in rushing before he got hurt this year and was exactly the type of RB we needed.

But I dont think we should draft one early unless the draft somehow falls that way

pmedic920

Reaction score
Bold Post for the current climate “up in here”.

Although I have some reservations and some complaints, I’m always excited about the “next season”. My nerves cans use a break but it will only be a short time before I’m Jones’in for my Seahawks.

ivotuk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1n8h8xxm said:
adeltaY":1n8h8xxm said:
Okay which RB fits that mold this year? Gurley? Not a transcendental talent as shown by his down year last year. Zeke? Rushing stats were almost identical when he was in or out as long as Tyron Smith played. Examples to the contrary are all over the place.

Lev Bell was a second rounder, Kamara was a third rounder, David Johnson was a third rounder, Jordan Howard was a fifth rounder, Devonta Freeman fourth rounder, Karen Hunt third rounder, Alex Collins fifth rounder, and we can go on. All those guys have shown promise or are proven contributors.

Dalvin Cook last year in the draft we could of had instead of Mcdowell. He was leading the league in rushing before he got hurt this year and was exactly the type of RB we needed.

But I dont think we should draft one early unless the draft somehow falls that way

dalvin is talented, but he has an injury history. I really liked Anderson from Oklahoma, a big pounder that can break tackles and wear out defenses. Chubb is a much better back, can break tackles too, but he might go too high for us.

The other backs I see draft analysts touting just don't have that much power to break through when the line doesn't block well. They talk about speed, but that mainly counts when they break free, which is rare.

I've heard people say it 's time for a rebuild, which comes from left field, because this team adds young players every year and brings them up in the scheme. If it weren't for Fant's, Chris Carson's and Malik's injury, we would have been a much better team. Especially the way our Rookie DB played.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I get a little vomity just think about next season. This team will be backfiring along until we come up with a competent offense.

It isn't fun anymore.

I will watch some games next year but only when it is convenient and only the second half of the game.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I just don't care anymore.

I will watch the games if nothing else is on.

But I'm a fan in waiting. Waiting for Pete to go. Or fix the problem by getting rid of the 2 problem s

The game clearly passed him by and he is looking like a delusional nepotistic fool. I appreciate him winning a SB for us with a team Scott gifted us with.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2fs0l8ay said:
I just don't care anymore.

I will watch the games if nothing else is on.

But I'm a fan in waiting. Waiting for Pete to go. Or fix the problem by getting rid of the 2 problem s

The game clearly passed him by and he is looking like a delusional nepotistic fool. I appreciate him winning a SB for us with a team Scott gifted us with.

Certainly there is a thread for “I’m not excited about next season”

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I am excited for next season too...I am goin fishing and having waffles.....

RussB

Reaction score
Im not. Just going to be even worse because cable is likely keeping his job. Offense will be terrible again, wilson will be running for his life again. Niners and Rams will also smash seattle.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I can't foresee the future and I definitely don't have a behind the scenes look at what goes on off the field. Optimistic about next year and I think missing the playoffs will spark some changes, though probably not those many are calling for (coaches being put in the pit of misery). I would have liked the two-headed monster slain too, but not going to give up on the team just because they are still around. I am glad Pete will be back next year. Will be interesting to see what he can put together as an answer to this season. Going to enjoy the rest of the football season until the long off season happens where I will be desperate for even the smallest amount of news.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2lw845cz said:
I know it's a bummer to miss the playoffs, but it's really exciting to think of what we have going forward.

I think whether we all realize it or not, our expectations never wavered with all the injuries. With the vast majority of teams that's usually not the case. On defense, I LOVE what we have. Shaq Griffin is a stud. Byron Maxwell is perfect for our system. Deshawn Shead should produce for us. Justin Coleman is great. Bradley McDougald is great. Dion Jordan with a full offseason should be a real gem for us. And we have some other defensive guys that could be great for us

And that's just our DEPTH. Add in a healthy Sherman, Earl for one more year(or more), a healthy Bennett (with less snaps), BWagz, KJ Wright, and a strong safety to develop if Kam can't return, and I can easily see this defense being dominant again

On special teams, I think Tyler Lockett with another full offseason to recover should be even better. Obviously, we need a kicker and a new coach. Not the end of the world

Offense is probably the biggest question mark. I don't think the FO's strength is to draft O-linemen, and I think they should focus more on free agency or trades. Move Ifedi to RG, and figure out the other pieces on the O-line. A full offseason with Duane Brown should also help. For RB, I would love for us to draft either Bryce Love, Nick Chubb, or Derrius Guice. I like Guice's ability to break tackles especially, but he was injured recently. I'd switch Mike Davis to a gadget FB and utilize more two back sets. I'd possibly keep McKissic but I'm open to letting him go. Carson Davis can be RB # 2. Rawls can go

I know many in the media are ready to write us off, but I still think we are arguably the most talented team in the division next to the Rams. From an overall standpoint. If not at least a close second. And I think John and Pete are anxious to prove it's still our division starting next year :irishdrinkers:

I agree, I'm excited for next year as well. I'm also looking forward to the guys getting a full off season as well as the front office getting a full off season. Let's see how well they can maintain and reload with that. I have a feeling they will do a lot with the extra time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Always excited about the next season. Looking forward to some changes, hopefully some very specific ones. But I'm stoked, if others are not, that's their thing.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm jacked and pumped.

Or is that pumped and jacked?

cymatica

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2yatccw8 said:
Im excited if Bevell and or Cable is gone...

If both of them are here I am not even going to watch next year..and im 100 percent serious...im done with both of them. Its not even fun watching for most of the game. Almost every first half makes me want to gouge my eyes out with how ineffective this offense is.

Pretty much this. Football is entertainment. There's nothing entertaining about watching that offense aside from the occasional "did Wilson just do that" moments.

Can someone please explain how our offensive philosophy or scheme will change at all? If Cable is still here, how will the oline get better when it's been nothing but shit with him in charge?

The only way this works is to blow up the team. Get rid of every player that doesn't fit your identity. Stop being cute with guys like Harvin, Graham, or Lacy and get some damn lunch pale players.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I can't say I'm "excited" about next season just yet, but I am not super bummed to have missed the playoffs. Ideally we would have taken care of the Cardinals regardless, but I wasn't super bummed when Atlanta's win put the playoffs out of reach.

This team has played nearly a month longer than most teams have have over the passed several seasons; I'm wondering what an extra month of rest and health and reflection will do for this team that now has no choice but to assume a new identity.

We weren't going to make much noise in these playoffs anyways; the competition is too good to survive the gauntlet with our beat up team. it sounds better to say you went to the playoffs for X consecutive seasons but an extra month for the health and restructuring of this team is going to be more valuable than that claim for next season, I believe.

cymatica

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2bk6yrc4 said:
I can't say I'm "excited" about next season just yet, but I am not super bummed to have missed the playoffs. Ideally we would have taken care of the Cardinals regardless, but I wasn't super bummed when Atlanta's win put the playoffs out of reach.

This team has played nearly a month longer than most teams have have over the passed several seasons; I'm wondering what an extra month of rest and health and reflection will do for this team that now has no choice but to assume a new identity.

We weren't going to make much noise in these playoffs anyways; the competition is too good to survive the gauntlet with our beat up team. it sounds better to say you went to the playoffs for X consecutive seasons but an extra month for the health and restructuring of this team is going to be more valuable than that claim for next season, I believe.

The Patriots have played about the same, but they never show regression. If they do, it's only a couple games. That's coaching.