I have a question about the condition of the field

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Starrman44":gf31m8ui said:
I won't cry about there home field advantage. Traditionally football has been played on grass. Some of those old games have the turf completely smashed. It's football. Dealing with the elements, conditions and crowds are part of the game.
We practice on grass. Granted, it's nice grass and not a crappy surface, but it's not like the Seahawks only see grass 4-5 times per year. (Not aiming this at you, just a general FYI.)

Starrman44":gf31m8ui said:
I just hope we go down there and thump them regardless.
Absolutely!

(Cute kids, btw)

Scottemojo":gf31m8ui said:
They are 5-3 at home, and lost to both top ten teams they faced at home. Not worried about the field. Chicago tried the long grass to slow us down, was a damn jungle there. Didn't work.
It did get a TD reversed. :x

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Russell Wilson with his short little legs is built to be a mudder. RG3 with his long strides and cuts will have more of a problem.

Advantage Seahawks.

Starrman44

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1t0oqck7 said:
Starrman44":1t0oqck7 said:
I won't cry about there home field advantage. Traditionally football has been played on grass. Some of those old games have the turf completely smashed. It's football. Dealing with the elements, conditions and crowds are part of the game.
We practice on grass. Granted, it's nice grass and not a crappy surface, but it's not like the Seahawks only see grass 4-5 times per year. (Not aiming this at you, just a general FYI.)

Starrman44":1t0oqck7 said:
I just hope we go down there and thump them regardless.
Absolutely!

(Cute kids, btw)

Scottemojo":1t0oqck7 said:
They are 5-3 at home, and lost to both top ten teams they faced at home. Not worried about the field. Chicago tried the long grass to slow us down, was a damn jungle there. Didn't work.
It did get a TD reversed. :x

I don't know how to separate out quotes very well. I totally don't mind you pointing out that we practice on grass. I'm just saying if the Redskins know the field better. For example, their might be some places on that field that are better than others that they can use to their advantage.

I actually think it will negate the speed somewhat of their wide receivers. I know that the offense knows where they are going to cut and everything, but the way our CBs jam at the LOS and play physical, it may lead to them losing their footing.