I have been gone: how do we discuss the NFC W with you Wankers?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
If I wait, then you will all just say I didn't care earlier.
I don't think anyone here who knows you would say that.

By the way, I'm not opposed to talking about the NFCW. There just doesn't seem to be much to say, at least until the free agency period starts.

flv2

Reaction score
The Rams projected plan is to switch resources from defense to offense in 2023. The plan is to go with a young, cheap, and inexperienced defense and outscore opponents on offense. It's not expected to be successful but it's a plan with more upside than acceptance of being 20th on both sides of the ball. The plan is to save resources for 2024 when a final push is projected for Stafford and Donald.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
The Rams projected plan is to switch resources from defense to offense in 2023. The plan is to go with a young, cheap, and inexperienced defense and outscore opponents on offense. It's not expected to be successful but it's a plan with more upside than acceptance of being 20th on both sides of the ball. The plan is to save resources for 2024 when a final push is projected for Stafford and Donald.

this is TRUE.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score

all of that is correct. I like you.

or I hate you. not sure. You are new, so I cannot trust you.

But YES, that is the McV plan.

olyfan63

Reaction score
well ****: I checked. yes this is a ROD poster.
What is ROD, "Return Of Dumbass"? Yeah, but he seems coherent and plausible. All I know is it was nice to not have the Rams beat the Seahawks like a drum in 2022. I could stand another year of not being abused, and by 2024, who knows, the Hawks may draft and develop and sign enough talent to be relevant again.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Let's go.
OK, so you mentioned the Wankers in thread title, but regrettably left out the Punters, who are duly offended, and are ignoring this thread. Or maybe the punters are just away from the keyboard, doing what they do best. Maybe try again in a month with the thread title, "All you Wankers and Punters, let's talk NFC West, Bitches" ? Don't know the ratio of Punters vs Wankers on this board, maybe start a poll thread asking which one people identify as? You might be the only one here who could get away with it.

P.S. If you need more than two options for the poll, or just could use some new insults in general, my pom friends say these lists are the dog's bollocks:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Ok Red, what's the pulse out there w/the Rams seemingly getting ready for a fire sale? Just curious. We all knew they were all in and it would be time to move on from guys at some point. But, it sounds like Ramsey, Stafford and even Kupp are up for grabs?

JPatera76

Reaction score
all of that is correct. I like you.

or I hate you. not sure. You are new, so I cannot trust you.

But YES, that is the McV plan.
Well @flv2 is a “ram fan” but overall a good knowledgeable poster of sports.

JPatera76

Reaction score
But overall, I honestly feel like the NFCW for NOW is the 49ers to lose. It all depends how the draft and FA goes of course for each team and if needs are addressed. I honestly feel the Cardinals have secured the Bottom spot. For the Rams, idc about the fire sale. As long as they have McVay at the helm imo they have a shot. So 2nd and 3rd in the NFCW is a toss up, maybe even 1,2,3 however until I see something drastically change for the 49ers then I can’t really say or add 1st into it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Mayfield seems destined to the 49ers, Stafford may be done, he could still play but neck injuries and he has begun to show signs of being pummeled a lot in his career. Snead will have to reload young, I think the Rams need a QB again, should go after Mayfield, he is a fit and keep the 49ers from padding their roster till Purdy can play again making them play Lance. Cards are well the Cards, now Murray is getting called out about not being a team leader, they have a whole new GM and Coaching staff. Reset central there. Seahawks with the right balance of FA and draft choices this team could get dangerous again, we got some pieces last year, defense better improve dramatically. Should have fired the DC, Hurtt hurt us a lot. That will be the difference between us winning the division and the 49ers.

flv2

Reaction score
If the Packers trade Rodgers, (likely), and accelerate their dead cap money they'd have about $8M less in 2023 cap space. If the Cowboys trade Prescott, (unlikely), and accelerate their dead cap money they'd have about $8M less in 2023 cap space. If the Rams trade Stafford, (really?), and accelerate their dead cap money they'd have $28M less in 2023 cap space, (cap hit would rise from $20M to $48M). $8M for teams that haven't pushed the cap limit wouldn't be a big problem. The Rams have pushed further than most teams and finding another $28M in cap space would be a challenge. Stafford can play for the Rams in 2023 or he could retire, (Post June 1). I don't see him being traded.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
All I know is the Rams aren't even a discussion of top half.

Latest posts