I hope Shaq1 isn't expecting much from us.

The Breh

Reaction score
He is not worth whatever he thinks he deserves after this amount of time.
Dancing 3 different ways after he was lucky not to get that flag today.
That's not an isolated incident.
Very average ass CB deserves average ass pay.
Matter of fact - maybe he should give us the "hometown" discount for making the twins' dreams come true.
That was a horrible play on the ball and it seems he's progressed not one bit since.....I really don't know.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
The Breh":2zahuk1s said:
Matter of fact - maybe he should give us the "hometown" discount for making the twins' dreams come true.
That was a horrible play on the ball and it seems he's progressed not one bit since.....I really don't know.

Agreed..should definitely had a DPI against him. Really not sold on him.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If we don't find anyone better, Quill is, at best a 7M 3 year type of guy. As far as his twin, what should have happened this year only got extended b/c of 2020. He does not have a future here as a defensive player.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I would be guessing, but, I feel like it's a sort of nervous energy when he dances after getting away with dpi's and other flagable offenses. It just looks That way to me.
It doesn't change the fact that he's not a top tier corner tho so I agree with you about that.

chris98251

Reaction score
He got away with something, he performed and celebrated, get off his lawn, kid can be happy ya know, although maybe he should have went in the stands and turned a camera on the defense also.

OP
OP
T

The Breh

Reaction score
chris98251":1zew7ip4 said:
He got away with something, he performed and celebrated, get off his lawn, kid can be happy ya know, although maybe he should have went in the stands and turned a camera on the defense also.
If he played anywhere near the equivalent of DK as a corner then he can do whatever the hell he wants.
But he will never be capable of such a thing so it's silly you compare the two.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He's one of my least favorite players and he got lucky today.

I agree with the OP. The dancing after a bad no call was very poor taste

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2w8f72v9 said:
If we don't find anyone better, Quill is, at best a 7M 3 year type of guy. As far as his twin, what should have happened this year only got extended b/c of 2020. He does not have a future here as a defensive player.

And if we get stuck having to extend him because there is no better alternative I will be very pissed if he pressures the Hawks to keep Shaquem on the team.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I will argue that he had a solid day and the one play that certainly could’ve been called dpi was actually really impressive body control. When the play was live I yelled PI and was shocked it didn’t come. After a rewind and the replay what I saw was him in great coverage with contact happening but he did a swim maneuver with one arm and the other wasn’t holding the WR. Looked to me like great coverage.

olyfan63

Reaction score
We missed Griffin when he was out. Legit NFL CBs don't grow on trees. Is Shaquill perfect? No, he gets burned or blows coverages from time to time. However, with his speed and toughness, he is still, IMO our best option against many of the top receivers in the league. Does he shut top receivers down like Sherman in his prime? No, but few CBs do. He does win enough plays against them that it gets our defense off the field in key moments.

We need to make a reasonable effort to keep Shaquill around. NOT overpay him, but make an effort. There are not NFL-caliber CBs growing on trees and plentiful in the 5th round. Is the going rate 7M x 3 years? I don't know. If that's the going rate, I trust Pete and John to make the right decision, like they did with Clowney.

Polk738

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":3rwxcjzb said:
SantaClaraHawk":3rwxcjzb said:

And if we get stuck having to extend him because there is no better alternative I will be very pissed if he pressures the Hawks to keep Shaquem on the team.

Given how well a lot of the DB depth has played over the season, Ryan Neal, Ugo Amadi, DJ Reed- I could see someone taking his spot next year

getnasty

Reaction score
The Breh said:
That was a horrible play on the ball and it seems he's progressed not one bit since.....I really don't know.[/quote

He'll get paid. He's young and he's better then average. We have been really lucky over the years with secondary play and maybe that makes us not appreciate Shaq as much as we should.

sutz

Reaction score
I haven't heard that any possible contract details have been discussed. :229031_shrug:

I trust JS & PC to pay him what he's worth at a rate the team can afford. Your concern is duly noted.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
CBs are expensive. And Shaq had been valuable for us earlier in the year. When he was out, it was very obvious and we struggled a bit.

But Shaq is playing some very lazy sloppy coverage recently.

Against anyone not named the Jets or Eagles, some of those 'stops' are DPI. He is getting very comfortable with arriving early, not turning his head, and getting away with it.

It would be very frustrating for him to suddenly start getting those called against him because he will be used to get away with it.

I've seen him play with good coverage before, so I know he has it in him. And, if you are beat - I don't begrudge you for doing your best, taking the chance of arriving early, and hoping they don't call it. But he is getting very comfortable playing that way and it will not last.

He needs to realize there are a few plays that he was very lucky he did not get flagged for, and fix whatever is leading to play like this.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I also think Shaquills play has been middling this year, but it's weird how some of this vitriol is turning almost personal. Mob mentality, I suppose.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
olyfan63":2c6qvnuw said:
We missed Griffin when he was out. Legit NFL CBs don't grow on trees. Is Shaquill perfect? No, he gets burned or blows coverages from time to time. However, with his speed and toughness, he is still, IMO our best option against many of the top receivers in the league. Does he shut top receivers down like Sherman in his prime? No, but few CBs do. He does win enough plays against them that it gets our defense off the field in key moments.

We need to make a reasonable effort to keep Shaquill around. NOT overpay him, but make an effort. There are not NFL-caliber CBs growing on trees and plentiful in the 5th round. Is the going rate 7M x 3 years? I don't know. If that's the going rate, I trust Pete and John to make the right decision, like they did with Clowney.

Bingo. You know the defense has improved a ton since he got back healthy.

Is he a lock down don't look at his side of the field Sherman/Revis type? No, but he is above average and plays well most of the time.

And the dancing part - well that's what happens when players make plays. I mean at least we were throttling the jets when he did it. I saw plenty of dudes who danced their little hearts out while also getting smoked on the score board.

rcaido

Reaction score
Never understood the hate the Griffins get. Does he deserve to get paid eight figures, yeah i think so, but not for the Seahawks w/ our current salary situation.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with dancing when you make a play.

But dancing when you screwed up and its the refs that missed the play?

That is going to rub any football fan the wrong way, Seahawk fan or not.

If you get away with one, file it away. But don't dance when you should have on a DPI on you.

That is annoying. Even to some of us that are Seahawk fans but know damn well we got away with one there.

Latest posts