I hope someone on the coaching staff sees this video

RockinHawks

Reaction score
100%

It's almost like putting salve on a festering burn, listening to sportscasters call it out like this. This made me feel less crazy about what I feel, watching Carroll coach this team like it's the 1980s. I mean...they are angry here, and they really represent the feelings of many Seahawks fans.

keasley45

Reaction score
Seriously??

Really??

One, Chris Simms is a blowhard who strokes off every big name qb in the game because he never became one.

2nd, it's obvious he doesn't watch the games because between just the GB and WFT games we threw the ball 70 plus times vs 23 runs. But it's the PASS game that needs rhythm??

Those 70 plus passes netted 1 TD and 2 Interceptions and an abysmal 3rd down success rate.

He's an idiot.

keasley45

Reaction score
Completely asinine:

Against the Cardinals , we ran 16 times and averaged 4.8ypc and abandoned it for most thr game in favor of 14 for 26 passing and zero TD.

What was more effective? Running

Against GB, we ran 11 times for 44 yards when you back out Russ's scrambles that increase the average. We threw it FORTY ONE TIMES, completing only 20 passes... for 2 ints. Less than 50% completion.

Against WFT we ran TWELVE times Against 31 passes. Collins had 7 carries the whole game. How do you get in a running rhythm on 7 carries??
Pust another way, how does a RB get in rhythm when he isn't even given tha ball 2 times a qtr. Because those are the facts.

The myths that get spun here and in the media about hapless Carroll and hero Russ are now beyond insane.

Our run to pass ratio is approaching 3 to 1 and yet the 'wisdom' says we should pass more.

Beyond words

keasley45

Reaction score
So we want a run pass ratio that's what 4:1?? WTF?? What offense in the league that's ever done squat passes as a 4 to 1 ratio vs the run. But yeah, let's pass more.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
The whole 'don't run at all' thing was more than a tad ridiculous.

The over-riding message that the Hawks will struggle to score seems a lot more accurater.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
RockinHawks":3bi6uv6k said:
100%

It's almost like putting salve on a festering burn, listening to sportscasters call it out like this. This made me feel less crazy about what I feel, watching Carroll coach this team like it's the 1980s. I mean...they are angry here, and they really represent the feelings of many Seahawks fans.

80s is a bit extreme. He's calling like the 20-teens. His play calling would be great if we had a generational defense, a generational RB and an above average OL. We have none of those things and yet still playcall as if we did. For all the people that rankle at the "fire Pete" faction, it's the inability or unwillingness to adapt to this fact year after year after year since XLIX, despite 3 different OCs that leads me to that conclusion.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":3oojp5h0 said:
RockinHawks":3oojp5h0 said:
100%

80s is a bit extreme. He's calling like the 20-teens. His play calling would be great if we had a generational defense, a generational RB and an above average OL. We have none of those things and yet still playcall as if we did. For all the people that rankle at the "fire Pete" faction, it's the inability or unwillingness to adapt to this fact year after year after year since XLIX, despite 3 different OCs that leads me to that conclusion.

Absolutely

mistaowen

Reaction score
keasley45":1ms1nyt3 said:
Completely asinine:

Against the Cardinals , we ran 16 times and averaged 4.8ypc and abandoned it for most thr game in favor of 14 for 26 passing and zero TD.

What was more effective? Running

Against GB, we ran 11 times for 44 yards when you back out Russ's scrambles that increase the average. We threw it FORTY ONE TIMES, completing only 20 passes... for 2 ints. Less than 50% completion.

Against WFT we ran TWELVE times Against 31 passes. Collins had 7 carries the whole game. How do you get in a running rhythm on 7 carries??
Pust another way, how does a RB get in rhythm when he isn't even given tha ball 2 times a qtr. Because those are the facts.

The myths that get spun here and in the media about hapless Carroll and hero Russ are now beyond insane.

Our run to pass ratio is approaching 3 to 1 and yet the 'wisdom' says we should pass more.

Beyond words

Starting drives wasting first or second down with a 1 yard run for Collins is why we are constantly behind the sticks. It's pretty simple. Alex Collins was 7 rushes for 14 yards. DJ Dallas was 3 carries for 4 yards. Are you seeing a pattern here? Every single carry was a wasted down because 1) the RB group is supremely below average 2) the OL is still a mess.

LTH

Reaction score
keasley45":1npd5bcl said:
Seriously??

Really??

One, Chris Simms is a blowhard who strokes off every big name qb in the game because he never became one.

2nd, it's obvious he doesn't watch the games because between just the GB and WFT games we threw the ball 70 plus times vs 23 runs. But it's the PASS game that needs rhythm??

Those 70 plus passes netted 1 TD and 2 Interceptions and an abysmal 3rd down success rate.

He's an idiot.

I agree! He's an idiot... This was just frustrated bloggers throwing a sh!t fit over things they don't understand and trying to sound brilliant to other people that are frustrated...

This team needs a win BAD!

LTH

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Chill, compadres. They were just generalizing, correctly, the Hawks problems. Don't be so offended.

We're in the NFL cellar right now so you can't expect a thoughtful analysis.

Throwdown

Reaction score
It’d work if Russ would take what the defense gives him, it’s almost always there but he can’t read a defense so go ahead make him throw all the time (we already throw more than we pass btw).

This has been an issue for damn near two full seasons now, and everyone thinks “Russ should cook more” is the issue, and he’s continually shown anyone who has two good eyes that he can’t do it.