I quit being a sports fan

Maulbert

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":1gn64h5v said:
I dunno, those falcons fans may have passed em up this year, in my opinion. I am so glad they lost the Superbowl, I didn't want to have a full year of them on this board rubbing it in.

Seriously? Panthers fans were WAY worse in 2015 than Falcons fans last year. Listening to them defend their petulant child of a QB..... :pukeface:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":3tfptjdw said:
Jimjones0384":3tfptjdw said:
I dunno, those falcons fans may have passed em up this year, in my opinion. I am so glad they lost the Superbowl, I didn't want to have a full year of them on this board rubbing it in.

Seriously? Panthers fans were WAY worse in 2015 than Falcons fans last year. Listening to them defend their petulant child of a QB..... :pukeface:

So, were the Panthers your No. 2 team? Against even the Pats? J/k. You don't have to answer that.

Back to OP's original point: It's irritating having prices inflated beyond reasonable rent while having all these adolescents and bandwagoners hop on who know nothing about football or basketball or baseball. If you are going to invest that kind of coin, you should at least care.

I personally got engaged in football only when someone bothered to actually explain it vs. insinuating that "duh, you shoulda known that, you're a moron, how could you not get that" and so forth. Which causes people not familiar with football to act like they know more than they do when clearly (York) they don't and it's a marketing ploy.

Not everyone has dads or bros who understood the game or played the most physical positions in varsity. And fact, those who did are stuck up about explaining to those who didn't, mostly.

I completely understand how that anyone invested in the 9ers since they practiced in Redwood City can't and maybe shouldn't reverse that. As it's understood that given my late understanding of the situation, I independently decided on another team.

The Jan. 1 game was memorable because the 9ers fans that showed up knew football, and because the Seattle fans who made that trip obviously did. OK, they outnumbered the 9ers 3 to 1 too, and it was cool to see that on Caltrain. But overall, it was nice to a) be able to afford two seats in 110, and b) see people engaged in the game for once.

Josea16

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1r0ruafs said:
Maulbert":1r0ruafs said:
Jimjones0384":1r0ruafs said:

So, were the Panthers your No. 2 team? Against even the Pats? J/k. You don't have to answer that.

Back to OP's original point: It's irritating having prices inflated beyond reasonable rent while having all these adolescents and bandwagoners hop on who know nothing about football or basketball or baseball. If you are going to invest that kind of coin, you should at least care.

I personally got engaged in football only when someone bothered to actually explain it vs. insinuating that "duh, you shoulda known that, you're a moron, how could you not get that" and so forth. Which causes people not familiar with football to act like they know more than they do when clearly (York) they don't and it's a marketing ploy.

Not everyone has dads or bros who understood the game or played the most physical positions in varsity. And fact, those who did are stuck up about explaining to those who didn't, mostly.

I completely understand how that anyone invested in the 9ers since they practiced in Redwood City can't and maybe shouldn't reverse that. As it's understood that given my late understanding of the situation, I independently decided on another team.

The Jan. 1 game was memorable because the 9ers fans that showed up knew football, and because the Seattle fans who made that trip obviously did. OK, they outnumbered the 9ers 3 to 1 too, and it was cool to see that on Caltrain. But overall, it was nice to a) be able to afford two seats in 110, and b) see people engaged in the game for once.
Stop trying to be logical and reasonable. It just doesn't fit your fanbase. EVER!!! What's next? Actual non-asswipe Cowboys and Redskin fans. I can only buy so much and the last two are way beyond the pale and the current definition of sanity.:)

Though if given the choice I prefer San Francisco as our rival over Arizona and Los Angeles. You guys have history of winning and usually do it with class. Well at least if not with class you're not Arizona.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Um, you're aware I'm a Seahawks fan, right? j/k.

The Cards aren't intrinsically despicable. There was the 6-6 tie in OT but that was just as much on the Hawks. The fan base isn't overly entitled as opposed to say the Pats. They provided good football entertainment even though...you know.

The 9ers proved only able to do 2-14. Both against the Rams. That is not optimal football competition even within the div.

Fun fact, right before the last game I went to south shore and bet the spread for Seattle as it was so obvious. And lost;-(

Josea16

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3notukgv said:
Um, you're aware I'm a Seahawks fan, right? j/k.

The Cards aren't intrinsically despicable. There was the 6-6 tie in OT but that was just as much on the Hawks. The fan base isn't overly entitled as opposed to say the Pats. They provided good football entertainment even though...you know.

The 9ers proved only able to do 2-14. Both against the Rams. That is not optimal football competition even within the div.

Fun fact, right before the last game I went to south shore and bet the spread for Seattle as it was so obvious. And lost;-(
We were really bad last year. Sorry SCH. Well, not really bad but really disappointing. I think my disgust for Arizona is all about my disgust of Arians. He is such a Pittsburgh bitch whiner type. Straight from the school of Mike Tomlinson. I still remember his bullshit cheap shot against Baltimore in 2012.