I think this team is about to gel. I believe we are on the

capncrunch

Reaction score
ivotuk":3faymv1x said:
The offense, wow Tomas Rawls! What a little powerhouse! He punishes people, and he showed something that no one expected, the speed to go the distance. I screamed so loud and jumped up and down that my plants fell over.

Rawls isn't Marshawn Lynch, but he's a keeper. And the offensive line started to show something. I was really excited to see Tom Cable run out on the field, tearing his headset off to celebrate that run, then turned around to be chest-bumped by Bevell and given a rough push by Jimmy Graham. What if Cable is correct in saying that this is his best group he's ever had? I for one believe him because listening to O'Neill and Huard, they both think that Cable believes in what he is saying. I can't see Tom lying about something like this and destroying his credibility.

These 5 guys have the talent, they just need to put it all together. How gratifying would it be to see that happen at the time that Dallas' Oline seems to be falling apart? That might have just been New England having 2 weeks to prepare for them, but still, that many high picks should not have looked that bad. If our Oline improves from the Cinci game, we're in a for a lot of big runs!

Our wide receivers are no slouch either! Tyler Lockett had a couple of rookie mistakes, like not getting that 2nd foot down (This ain't college ball bub). But he's on the cusp of being really good. Did you see how many times he got wide open? Ridiculous!

Then we've got ADB and Kearse, 2 very good, going to grab that ball no matter what, wide receivers. And that doesn't include Chris Mathews who could go off at any time, Jimmy Graham who I think we're still adjusting to, and Luke Willson who will only get better. But we do need a good blocking TE. Too bad McCoy is a Redskin, I thought he was a better blocker than Helfet, who I don't understand him still being here. What am I missing?

Man would I love to get Little Gronkowski from K-State for a fullback!. I watched that game Saturday and he definitely has the physical talent, but he's got a lot to learn. I guess I should be happy with our current FB, but he seems hit or miss. Tukuafu on the other hand is a devastating blocker when he gets his hands on people. He should be a goal line option like they used to do with Michael Robinson. Spin like it's going to Marshawn but it's actually already in Tukuafu's hands and he's blasting bodies on his way to the EZ.

If only Russell could get consistent blocking in the passing game. The times that he does get more than 1.5 seconds, he really lights it up. And I did see improvement yesterday on his decision making, well except for that tipped ball to Graham that was picked off! Damnit! Live for another down Russell! Get that ball up higher where only your MONSTER TE can catch it.

Sometimes I wish luck would go our way a little more, like if that tipped pass would have ricocheted to one of our guys for a TD. There were so many little things that if only they had gone our way, we would have won. Like where was the pass interference on the Bengal DB that shoulder blocked Tyler Lockett from catching that long pass? It was obvious that he got there early! WTH? If only No E would have gotten that 2nd foot down, if only...

There were a lot of those "if onlys" on our end, but little or none on the Bengals end, and that's why I believe that we are on the cusp, and could be poised to go 12-4...or maybe even 13-3. There's been a lot of distraction early on, and I think that's effected the focus of this football team, but we have Pete Carroll, and he will get them back on track. And while he's doing that, Tom Cable will be kicking ass in the trenches, and Darrell Bevell will be...doing whatever it is he does.

I don't need to mention Kris Richard, because imho, he's doing a good job. The only thing he needs to do is bring focus to his defense. I think he calls a good game, and he's young, but I was excited when he got the DC job, because for whatever reason, former DBs seem to make the best Defensive Coordinators. It may be that is because while playing, they had to watch everything in front of them and know what was going on up there. That is also why I hope that when Kam's career is over, that he comes back here as our DC. :th2thumbs:

Wow. I forced myself not to go on .net since the game ended thinking it would be all gloom and doom. I was thinking I just couldn't deal with that collective downerdom. Dude. Thank you for these posts. I was genuinely bummed out even a day later, but enough about that. Yeah. Looking at the bigger picture. If the OL can build on this game, I think we are going to be allright. Wow. That was encouraging to see them do some decent run blocking and have Rawls take advantage of it. Yes. Lockett is a very good receiver who will obviously get better. I like your analysis of the defense. Thanks again for helping me shake this one off.

12thbrah

Reaction score
The team has yet to play a "complete" game on both sides of the ball for 4 quarters. We almost did it yesterday but had a complete meltdown in the end.

nanomoz

Reaction score
They might gel, and they might improve a ton. As you noted, the O-line certainly flashed better yesterday. I like the longer-term (beyond this season) implications of some of the stuff you listed.

But they need to win 8, 9, or 10 of their next 11 games to make it matter this year. To win the division, probably 10. It looks like AZ will win a dozen games.

Looking at the remaining schedule, I don't see our blue men group pulling it off. I'd love to be wrong.

It's time for me, personally, based on how hard I take it when this team falls short (I went full Verndog yesterday), to taper my expectations.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It's encouraging that the Seahawks have been in every game by the fourth quarter, and I'm trying to be optimistic. But Arizona and Green Bay are running away with our playoff chances.

seahawks08

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3svf3qz6 said:
It's encouraging that the Seahawks have been in every game by the fourth quarter, and I'm trying to be optimistic. But Arizona and Green Bay are running away with our playoff chances.

Too early, to say, we have all of our win must games starting now, if we run the table, we will be good.

StoneCold

Reaction score
We should also remember that we have played 2 5-0 teams and as others have said we're in every game. Season is far from over nor is the current play an indication that we have slipped from greatness. As Neil DeGrasse Tyson said (sort of) "The difference between greatness and failure is 1/3 of an inch in a 42 yard field goal due to the earths rotation."

Many games last year were just as close and just as crazy. I think their is good reason to believe/hope the rotations will be going our way soon.

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle would be 5-0 right now and #1 in everyone's power rankings... if they could just finish games. It's pretty ironic that Seattle has struggled in the 4th quarter of games ever since the miracle comeback against Green Bay and Wilson's 'God' comments.

The Seahawks are now into the phase of their schedule that Arizona has enjoyed in the first half of the year, where they will be or should be favored every week for a long time. It just sucks that Seattle blew a chance for a springboard game. Cincy 2015 should have been a Chicago 2012 type momentum builder.

justafan

Reaction score
Its a frustrating way to lose but I still think this team can turn it around.
the team just doesnt feel that far away.The last couple of years we won games maybe we should have lost,this year they seem to go the other way.

byau

Reaction score
ivotuk":qmgkx4nr said:
Edge of success.

It seems like everyone on the defense is just a little off. Richard Sherman is not being the shut down corner that he normally is. Kam Chancellor is a tad slow in recognition and in communication with Earl. And Cary Williams needs to learn how to be a little more subtle with his grabs.

The defensive line has speed and power, but it like buzzard luck that when they shoot the gap (and OMG does Michael Bennett shoot that gap sometimes) it's always the wrong gap.

The linebackers seem to be playing best of all, but now Bobby Wagner is hurt. I love Bruce Irvin, but I think they need to keep his assignments simple so that he can play fast.

The backups and new guys are playing well and getting better. "Tuba," Frank Clark, Cassius Marsh, all had some good plays.

But it's like they're all off just a bit on their assignments. I think it's the same for the offense who definitely improved.

But I'm optimistic. We lost, on the road to a damn good team. I've got more, but works calls.

Agreed. I think there is at most two more losses this season. The guys are starting to figure it out.

byau

Reaction score
kearly":ooyogi8e said:
Seattle would be 5-0 right now and #1 in everyone's power rankings... if they could just finish games. It's pretty ironic that Seattle has struggled in the 4th quarter of games ever since the miracle comeback against Green Bay and Wilson's 'God' comments. .

Could be the mental and physical wear and tear of the two SB seasons, esp. last year's emotional and tumultuous trip to SB49.

That's why it's hard to make it back.

If any team could, this team is built to survive and I expect them to get further than any other team in the same position. Heck, they already did - first SB team to win a playoff game in how long? And return to the SB in how long?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
kearly":2avbnsw5 said:
Seattle would be 5-0 right now and #1 in everyone's power rankings... if they could just finish games. It's pretty ironic that Seattle has struggled in the 4th quarter of games ever since the miracle comeback against Green Bay and Wilson's 'God' comments.

The Seahawks are now into the phase of their schedule that Arizona has enjoyed in the first half of the year, where they will be or should be favored every week for a long time. It just sucks that Seattle blew a chance for a springboard game. Cincy 2015 should have been a Chicago 2012 type momentum builder.

While realizing a drawn out conversation on this is to take place in a different forum (and with respect to Kearly here, I'm not trying to call you out - I just think the misrepresentation needs to stop), Russell's comments were merely to say that he's Grateful to God.

Kind of like how the media took Russell's 1-0 Championship mindset comments were taken out of context. Hawk fans know what he means and listen to the national media misrepresent his intentions. WE KNOW he's not dissing the other team. He's actually respecting them by saying he's not looking past them and the team needs to focus on the task at hand. So, while we know that is taken out of context and take issue with the media misrepresenting him there... even our own fans have taken his "God comments" out of context.

Russell has ultra respect for other teams and their players. We know that. So, there's no reason to vilify him about the emotional comments made at the end of that game. Aaron Rodgers directed comments about this after the Seahawks game this season. I don't know how people like that can pretend to respect other players personally, then make personal jabs at them in front of the media.

Has anyone ever heard Russell take bitter jabs at a player like Rodgers did to him after that game? Even if he was trying to make light of it and have a little fun with it, I don't think Russell would take it that way. But, Russell isn't going to make an issue out of it. I think he did respond to try to set the record straight... that it was about being grateful to get to play this great game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I certainly hope they are about to jell. We need them to go on a nice winning streak like they did after the SD game last year.
Too much talent, it's time for everyone from players, to coaches, to the GM to "up their game"! No reason they cannot get back to the Super Bowl.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't necessarily blame the D for this one. Hell, one or two more first downs late in the game would have changed things completely. The 'finish' we need is on offense, IMHO. You can't keep giving a high powered offense like theirs that many shots at the ball.

Sure, the D needs to get off the field. I get that. But the O needs to sustain drives and add points in the second half to keep the D at top form. If Ryan is working, our preferred offensive sytem system isn't. I remember thinking late in the game after we got the ball back one time, "OK, now we need a drive. Every first down is two minutes off the clock." Didn't happen that way. With a three score lead, the O needs to grind things out.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Initially I blamed the offense and they obviously share in it but the numbers against the defense are so bad in the 4th quarter of games that I can't remove them from the equation as well. They are terrible in the 4th quarter. A little tired or not, the numbers don't justify it. Blame deserves to be spread everywhere.

But like the OP, I think this team is ready to take off.

Seafan

Reaction score
stang233":25piduaj said:
I actually do not disagree.... However too little to late. Going on the road in the playoffs is just to tough.

If this team is healthy come playoff time i won't doubt their ability to do well irrespective of the venue.

The big question is getting to the playoffs. That won't be easy.

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't have the same optimism as I did last year. Last year, when we were 3-3, I called 12-4. We had so many guys hurt that were just about to come back. Lynch and Lane are really the only guys we have coming to help this year, right? Maybe Richardson. I don't think we're really going to turn it up this year until we hit that 6th loss.