I will not be watching Peacock's exclusive Wild Card game.

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
I was able to watch on DAZN Gamepass. The pre game show reminded me of old FA Cup Finals and recently the British Grand Prix. In that it went on and on and on.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I was able to watch on DAZN Gamepass. The pre game show reminded me of old FA Cup Finals and recently the British Grand Prix. In that it went on and on and on.
The pre game isn’t any longer than the fans tune into. For example, I saw a 5 minute pregame because I tuned in just before kickoff. I really couldn’t care less about pregame shows unless it is a Seahawks pregame. I do enjoy watching football so I’ll watch other teams but I don’t feel any need to tune in early for them.

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
Due to the 01.15 kick off time. I was watching on demand. Move too far along the recording and I may miss the start of the game. I had to make sure I saw the entrance of Taylor Swift. They never made so much fuss when Queen Elizabeth arrived in a stadium.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I"m not either.. but it's not the
$5.99.. that can be cancelled any time,.... I just don't want to have to write out my email address.. a password on the tv.. then identify what my age is.. what my sex is.. it's none of their f'n business.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Yeah, that sucks. I was going to ditch my Charter internet service when Ziply Fiber ran fiber optics cable to within about 150' from my house, but when I went to hook up to it, they said that it would cost me $6K to get the service ran to my house as I live on a short cul-de-sac with just 4 other residences.

There has been a lot of blow back over this, so I would imagine that the league will hesitate to let the networks to expand their exclusive service until they can show that they have a large enough customer base, such as Amazon does, that it doesn't force as many customers to pony up the extra bucks.
I live about 1/3 of a mile from a main rd that has spectrum cable at the rd they want over $20k to run it to my house I went with Starlink

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I didn’t subscribe. I didn’t watch. The rating won’t be out until Friday but likely the worst ratings in forever.

I can afford it no biggie. But I do not want to encourage that behavior so won’t support it. Just another mediocre streaming service when I have several others. If they had put it on Amazon Prime there would have been little outcry as they showed games every week but putting ONE regular season and the most anticipated wild card game (ONE playoff game) made it a waste.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I live about 1/3 of a mile from a main rd that has spectrum cable at the rd they want over $20k to run it to my house I went with Starlink
That I can understand. But I'm only about 150-200', or one house away, from the arterial street where they laid the cable and they still wanted $6k. I'm not sure why they went to the expense of laying the cable if they're going to charge customers that much to hook up to it.

I've also been reading where some of these ISP's and TV providers are getting pretty sneaky with their fees and raises. Be sure to keep an eye on your monthly bill/account.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It looks like the protest didn't work:

The success of the Peacock NFL game means it could cost you extra to watch the playoffs again next season.

While it's unclear exactly how many people signed up for Peacock to watch the game — and how many will keep their $5.99 a month subscriptions — there are signs that NBCUniversal's $110 million investment paid off. Saturday was a record day for Peacock in terms of audience, usage, engagement, and time spent on the platform, with a record 16.3 million concurrent devices, according to the company. The apparent win for the streaming service comes after it reported nearly $3 billion in losses last year. As of December, Peacocks's 30 million subscribers lagged well behind the likes of Netflix, Disney+, and Max.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The best thing to do is cancel your subscription (or don't sign up) and simply watch a bootleg stream. Then, encourage others to do the same until the NFL decides to end this money-grubbing bullshit.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The best thing to do is cancel your subscription (or don't sign up) and simply watch a bootleg stream. Then, encourage others to do the same until the NFL decides to end this money-grubbing bullshit.
Good luck with that:

It was the most streamed US event ever, according to Comcast, and averaged 23 million viewers across Peacock, NFL+, and NBC affiliates in Kansas City and Miami.

While I'm with ya in spirit and admire your principled take, with 30 million Peacock subscribers, it's going to take several million to follow suit for such a boycott to work.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Meh. I'll go ahead and do what works for me. We have Peacock, good enough.
That's the attitude I have. Five or six bucks isn't worth losing sleep over and certainly not worth missing a playoff game. It's kinda like death and taxes in that you can't avoid it. They're going to figure out some way to stick it to you.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I have the NFL app too. Used to be free for STH, it was like 60 bucks this year. But you get it all year, it was worth it to me since I use it a lot.
I get why people are frustrated, it flat out sucks. But look at the ratings, the NFL isn't going anywhere.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Good luck with that:

It was the most streamed US event ever, according to Comcast, and averaged 23 million viewers across Peacock, NFL+, and NBC affiliates in Kansas City and Miami.

While I'm with ya in spirit and admire your principled take, with 30 million Peacock subscribers, it's going to take several million to follow suit for such a boycott to work.

People just need to start spreading the word and sharing the bootleg sites.

I guess if that many people are signing up, then I don't want to hear any bitching about how the middle class in America has it so bad.

RiverDog

Reaction score
People just need to start spreading the word and sharing the bootleg sites.

I guess if that many people are signing up, then I don't want to hear any bitching about how the middle class in America has it so bad.
It's not going to happen. I'm no expert, but my gut tells me that the vast majority of people are a lot like me, that is not well acquainted with the bootleg sites. Most people do things by Hoyle, and certainly won't go off script for a mere $5/month.

Last edited:

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Us Canadians got all the playoff games broadcast for free on TSN & CTV.

I know, I know, just another reason to hate Canadians.