I wonder if there was a bounty on Harvin's head today?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Injuring our players was more important than winning. They are going home because they focused on the wrong thing. They are a lowly organization.

BlueOne

Reaction score
Oh cmon guys, the Seahawks hit as hard and as often as anyone in the league.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm surprised they went after his head instead of his hip.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
BlueOne":2fdsdhfy said:

And we purposely attack the head? It's not about hitting hard. kam is a freight train, but he does it the right way.

seabowl

Reaction score
brimsalabim":aynq80ep said:

Did not see one play on Harvin that they targeted his head. Did they want to hit him hard, yeah. Were they aiming for the head, no from what I saw.

Frohawk25360

Reaction score
I thought the dirtiest play was on the Baldwin catch dude tried to take Doug's head off after the catch as far as bounty goes not sure but NO was hitting real hard today glad no one was seriously hurt

SeahawksRawk

Reaction score
seabowl":1j6hyujm said:
brimsalabim":1j6hyujm said:

Did not see one play on Harvin that they targeted his head. Did they want to hit him hard, yeah. Were they aiming for the head, no from what I saw.

Think you should re watch the game then, I can call out 2 without even trying

Mindsink

Reaction score
577760_344961305644675_1946627576_n.jpg

Exittium

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1zrtdmkm said:
BlueOne":1zrtdmkm said:

And we purposely attack the head? It's not about hitting hard. kam is a freight train, but he does it the right way.

Exactly.. Also we don't tackle a dude who's already going down in the endzone out of bounds...

Weadoption

Reaction score
I just have a hard time believing that anyone on the Saints would risk another bounty gate, that's just an awfully retarded risk reward ratio.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
He got hit helmet to helmet once (luckily it glanced and most of the contact was with the shoulder), and it was flagged for 15, as it should have been. That was the right call and was definitely unnecessary roughness. The play he went out of the game for the second and final time on was just kind of flukey, and definitely wasn't a head shot, IMO.

Don't know if it was migraines or he just shouldn't have come back from that first hit (he was back verrrrry quickly, as some reporters have already noted) but him getting knocked out for good on that second one was pretty surprising, IMO.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Popeyejones":v2a5cpii said:
He got hit helmet to helmet once (luckily it glanced and most of the contact was with the shoulder), and it was flagged for 15, as it should have been. That was the right call and was definitely unnecessary roughness. The play he went out of the game for the second and final time on was just kind of flukey, and definitely wasn't a head shot, IMO.

Don't know if it was migraines or he just shouldn't have come back from that first hit (he was back verrrrry quickly, as some reporters have already noted) but him getting knocked out for good on that second one was pretty surprising, IMO.

Totally agree. Though not surprised he was held out for the remainder of the game after the hit in the endzone. I didn't see anything there that would have kept a Tate or Baldwin out...but with so little practice / reps / contact this year, I think it was the right choice. Precautionary, I hope.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't go so far to day there was a bounty, but they were definitely head hunting Harvin and trying to hurt him. I tell you what, little Percy Harvin is light years tougher than big bad "I'm Jimmy" (Graham).

Polaris

Reaction score
Yes I do think there was a bounty on Harvin. I was watching the saints block and interact with Harvin even when he didn't get the ball, and the Saints were (IMHO) clearly hitting to injure and take him out of the game. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to prove.

kigenzun

Reaction score
Polaris":3arbcpmr said:
Yes I do think there was a bounty on Harvin. I was watching the saints block and interact with Harvin even when he didn't get the ball, and the Saints were (IMHO) clearly hitting to injure and take him out of the game. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to prove.

Seeing the pat on the back from the coaches on the bench, instead of a talking to for taking a bad penalty, made it look pretty 'Harvin injury bounty' questionable to me...

chris98251

Reaction score
Bennett after game interview said the players saw it also and called them out on it.

AVL

Reaction score
The bounties they were offering a few years ago wouldn't cover the fines they receive today.

These players are paid enough that it's just part of the job.

It was a stupid idea that they paid for with a year of negative hype and a pretty effective coach suspended.

Latest posts