Was there such a thing as JS guys and PC guys?

GemCity

Reaction score
I don’t know but if player acquisition was Pete’s job and not JS, bring back Pete 😝.

Just jokes…I’m not shitting the bed yet.

But I am worried that we’re going to have to have DK playing both WR and LB at this rate.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I believe there were differientiating opinions on different players.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as Mike Macdonald guys? Some of us still have our heads up Pete's ra ra arse and it's been there for 14 years. So it's going to take a little time, but I think we can all make it out alive...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
All I know is Pete was done at least 6-7 years ago and that JS has been making solid moves this year. I may not agree with all of them but at least he understands this will take 2-3 years to be a real contender again.

I just want my team to be good at something again so I can at least have some hope that they might do something in the playoffs say like Detroit or similar not everyone is the 49ers or has Patrick/Chris/Travis for godsake Travis pulled Taylor Swift he's definitely top tier.😄

Last edited:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Eskridge is still on the team so there’s that
Maybe let's use him correctly same as understand TE actually isn't OL how about trying that? My hatred of Pete isn't unwarranted. I'm stuck watching the Chiefs year after year it's not like their formula is special. JS has been doing a great job at doing this so far.

Last edited:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
But regardless of whether you do concerns the entire team you absolutely must take your shot on quarterbacks you like until you nail it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I believe there is as of last season or the season before when Pete gave up being JS’s boss hence the draft differences
I don't think I can subscribe to this, man.

John straight up would not have stuck around if he were a patsy having his reputation ruined by his boss. It just would not have happened. I cannot even imagine a world in which that would've happened. John would've been able to leave for... honestly, the majority of the franchises in the league, at any point he so desired.

They were partners that made changes to their philosophy as needed. John clearly led the charge on draft night. I'm sure he HAS been vetoed before, but if it were the norm, he would've just taken countless other jobs. There's just zero way he would've endured through that.

The draft differences were that they had better capital. That's pretty much it. 2022 followed the exact same type of model as 2010. 2023 clearly had both Pete and John's prints on it too. I mean, Devon Witherspoon? Zach Charbonnet?

They were partners. Through and through. Everything they've said fits that, and all of the writing on the wall also fits that reality.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't think I can subscribe to this, man.

John straight up would not have stuck around if he were a patsy having his reputation ruined by his boss. It just would not have happened. I cannot even imagine a world in which that would've happened. John would've been able to leave for... honestly, the majority of the franchises in the league, at any point he so desired.

They were partners that made changes to their philosophy as needed. John clearly led the charge on draft night. I'm sure he HAS been vetoed before, but if it were the norm, he would've just taken countless other jobs. There's just zero way he would've endured through that.

The draft differences were that they had better capital. That's pretty much it. 2022 followed the exact same type of model as 2010. 2023 clearly had both Pete and John's prints on it too. I mean, Devon Witherspoon? Zach Charbonnet?

Bullshit.

They were partners. Through and through. Everything they've said fits that, and all of the writing on the wall also fits that reality.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I just assumed your usual Pete and Geno love my bad. I just wish I had your talent as a writer otherwise you are pretty irrelevant to me. Like Taylor said "trash removes itself" just like Pete and hopefully we build correctly from now on.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I just assumed your usual Pete and Geno love my bad.
It's more of a statement that I don't think Pete was calling every shot over John's head. John would've had to have been provided a decent modicum of latitude. He would've just left otherwise. He could've left for Green Bay or Detroit if he really wanted to, or probably any number of other gigs considering the fact that he never had to re-sign with Seattle. I don't see any way in which a true personnel guy like John would accept anything less than the freedom to do his job, especially after proving himself as a hot commodity.