Idiocy. Pure Idiocy.

pehawk

Reaction score
NBA changed their 1st round series from 5 to 7, midyear, to protect the Lakers. Shaq and Kobe were injured most of the year, so they were not going to get a high speed.

One of the slimiest things Stern has ever done.

rjdriver

Reaction score
pehawk":2rev061v said:
NBA changed their 1st round series from 5 to 7, midyear, to protect the Lakers. Shaq and Kobe were injured most of the year, so they were not going to get a high speed.

One of the slimiest things Stern has ever done.

Wish he would have been that slimey back in 1994. We could have used a game 6 and 7.

You want to make the NFL playoffs? Win your division, then nothing else matters. It's always Pete's stated goal, winning the division.

pehawk

Reaction score
The New Orleans vs Atlanta game is great. I can handle a lack of talent if there's oodles of grit, desire, and will to win going on.

Not sure why anyone would want less than that?

Throwdown

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1w5yg42q said:
RunTheBall":1w5yg42q said:
MizzouHawkGal":1w5yg42q said:
el capitan":1w5yg42q said:
I have absolutely no problem with a division winner with a losing record making the playoffs over a 10 or 11 win team but the playoff seeding should be based on record. The reward for winning your division is being in the playoffs, the reward for having won more games should be you get to play at home.
I think having the "winner" of the NFC South in the divisional round would devalue the playoffs, unless of course they'd earned their place there by beating a team with a better record on the road.
That is what they are going to do in addition to adding a seventh team to the mix. So it's the best of both worlds in my opinion.
No it's not the best, it dilutes the playoffs even more. 12 teams making it is the perfect number. The NBA is a complete joke because like 60% of the teams make it. The regular season is meaningless.
No the NBA is meaningless because the product sucks which has exactly nothing to do with either the number of teams in the playoffs or it's format. It's boring because they don't officiate the game correctly.

NFL doesn't officiate correctly either

but-thats-none-of-my2.jpg

as to it being compelling or not is completely opinion, IMO baseball is garbage but hey, i'm not gonna run around trashing it.

kearly

Reaction score
I think expanding the playoffs would be fun and acts as insurance for avoiding teams getting screwed over. I just don't want to see it because I hate the idea of having a razor thin margin for error to earn the coveted bye week. A team that barely makes the playoffs probably isn't freaking out too much if they miss, but a contender missing out on a bye means one extra hurdle to clear for a Lombardi. Do the Seahawks win it all last year if they had to play one extra game? Probably, but I'm glad we didn't have to.

253hawk

Reaction score
The NBA is basically Oprah. YOU get a playoff spot and YOU GET a playoff spot AND YOU get a playoff spot and EVERYBODY GETS A PLAYOFF SPOT! WOOOOOOO!