• Yes

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 93 86.1%

• Total voters

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hell no.

That being said, I'm not a fan of nationalism, so "GO TEAM GO" because that's where you're from isn't a very strong starting position, anyways; even though it's how the vast majority of us came to love whatever our favorite team is.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Browns fans had/have it the worst. Not only was their team stolen in the night, that same team won the Super Bowl two seasons later. Imagine if Behring had moved the Seahawks successfully, then two seasons later they win the Super Bowl...vomit.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Seymour":176zup9e said:
So if your wife shacked up with the neighbors, would you become a fan of the neighbors??
:lol:

YES !

(This question was such a set up, I just could not resist.)

Own The West

Reaction score
No. In fact I didn't watch an NBA game after the Sonics left until Durant moved to Golden State.

I wanted to see how the Sonics last #1 pick played. Box checked, the NBA is dead to me again.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
If they left..... I'd probably stop watching the NFL, just like I stopped watching the NBA. It would be dead to me.... what would be the point? I wouldn't have a team to root for, no skin in the game.

seahawksny

Reaction score
pmedic920":dbuon2ai said:
grizbob":dbuon2ai said:
Go ask the Browns fans how many of them root for the Ravens.

And Oiler fans the Titans.

Most are still bitter even though they have the Texans now.

Browns/Ravens is an obvious-
Yet i havent seen any documentaries on Houston losing the Oilers. Its a move that really doesnt get much national attention. Yet, I cant imagine the Oiler fans felt any different than Brown fans, or us Sonic fans.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Own The West":2dbply9m said:
No. In fact I didn't watch an NBA game after the Sonics left until Durant moved to Golden State.

I wanted to see how the Sonics last #1 pick played. Box checked, the NBA is dead to me again.

Durant actually loved Seattle- Bennett made him sell his house in Seattle. Believe that crap ? What the hell does he care where he spends his money?
He has no respect for Chokelahoma city so im a big Durant fan. He never wanted to leave SEA

grizbob

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1o854n9w said:
Browns fans had/have it the worst. Not only was their team stolen in the night, that same team won the Super Bowl two seasons later. Imagine if Behring had moved the Seahawks successfully, then two seasons later they win the Super Bowl...vomit.

Eggs act lee!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I can't believe anyone said yes.

Do you "yes" people root for the Thunder? Hell no, I wish an asteroid would strike Clay Bennett's home every night.

Behring was a slimy used car salesman, both literally and figuratively as a crap owner. If the Hawks moved to LA, they'd be dead to me, and I'd do nothing but hope they went 0-16 forever.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I'm one of those people who completely left watching NBA when the Sonics left. I don't watch it, pay attention to it or understand anything that has gone on in the NBA since then. They took my first championship and moved it somewhere else. The league is forever tainted and will continue to use us as leverage to get more money. They have this city right where they want us.

I'm not sure I would ever root for a former team once they move. I guess it would depend on the situation though but if there was a different Seattle team, I'm not sure I would root for anything else.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
It didn't happen, so I'm not sure if I would have or not. I was like 20 at the time.
I didn't continue to root for/watch the "Sonics"\........... and don't even actually watch the NBA at all either.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2553suaf said:
I remember rooting against the Thunder really hard and people asking me why I didn't like them. So I told them it's because they stole my Sonics away. And you would not believe how many people responded with "So? That's not the players' fault."

Some people just don't get it lol.

Well, my GF was born in Tulsa........... both her sisters are Thunder fans.
They don't understand my frustration.
I told her, "If the Oklahoma Sooners moved to Washington State, and renamed them the Seattle Coffee Drinkers, would you follow them?????" NO

BlueThunder

Reaction score
In that scenario, with us never getting another team? I wouldn't even follow the NFL. I don't think the SB would even be a thing for me. How different my life would be right now if they had moved. Unpleasant to think about. Thank You Paul Allen!!!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
No.

The Sonics left and turned into the Thunder and now I always root against them.

Always.

It would be the same if the Seahawks left Seattle.