If I Were The Texans, Rams, Redskins, and Browns GMs

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I would trade (Sam Bradford + 2014 2nd Overall Pick + 2015 2nd Rounder) to the Houston Texans For The 1st Overall Pick

Rams get out of Bradford's ridiculous contract which is worth the extra high draft pick given up. Texans could then renegotiate Bradford's terms to make it more cap friendly, Schaub gets cut.

Rams draft Terry Bridgewater at a rookie premium and can afford his growing pains being one of the youngest teams in the League filled with an already solid supporting cast. Fisher gets a Steve McNair type athlete at QB, which he probably loves. Rams could then afford to extend Robert Quinn easily, as well as re-sign Roger Saffold to a solid deal. And attract some other premium free agents to solidify the rest of their roster among what they already do in the draft.

Texans draft Jadeveon Clowney in continuation of creating the scariest defensive front 7 in the NFL (and let them wreak havoc on Luck for years) OR they can still trade down for more picks. Either way they also get a young possible franchise QB in the process who already has NFL experience with a pretty exceptional Offensive supporting cast already in place with (RB, Arian Foster, WR Andre Johnson, WR DeAndre Hopkins, TE Owen Daniels, and TE Garrett Graham (if re-signed).

If I were the Browns, I trade that second 1st round pick + Brandon Wheeden to the Redskins for QB Kirk Cousins. Use the 4th overall pick on a complementary WR (like Lee or Watkins) to pair with Josh Gordan plus TE Jordan Cameron, sign RB Ben Tate in free agency. Redskins could use some draft capital or they are back overpaying free agents. Brown's Offense makes huge progress without having to test waters on another rookie QB.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
You like rosterbating so much that you do it to other team's rosters.

Axx

Reaction score
who wants sam bradford????

Pak40.

Reaction score
Except for whoever get Brandon Wheedon.
Weeden medium

OrFan

Reaction score
Axx":2viougnn said:

The Rams, they still swear they will stay with him going forward.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Has Kirk Cousins actually done anything to suggest that he is worth anything more than the 4th rounder he was drafted with in the first place?

Also, If I were the Texans I wouldn't want to begin the new era with Sam Bradford. Draft Clowney and see what you can do at QB. Either make a run at Cutler or draft a rookie with the 2nd pick (trade back into the 1st if need be). If you don't want to start a rookie then sign McCown or Jackson as we'll.

candyman4881

Reaction score
As a Rams fan, I think that is an awful trade - if the Rams want to be done with Bradford, all they have to do is wait until June and his cap hit will be $7 mil as opposed to $17 mil if they play him. I am not 100% on Bradford as the Rams havent really put him in a position to succeed but he hasnt been the difference maker I hoped he was. That being said, I hope the Rams trade the #2 pick to a QB needy team, especially if the Texans take Clowney at #1 (which there are some rumors about - the Texans owner and JJ Watt were at the Capital One Bowl to watch Clowney), and then all of a sudden Bridgewater is there at #2 if the Rams want him or, if they were smart, trade the pick. Even if Bridgewater is taken at #1 to Houston, then you have teams that will want Clowney or trade up to get the QB of their choice (Blake Bortels/Johnny Manziel/etc). The Rams are in a great spot thanks to the RG3 trade a few years ago.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1xkbnvy4 said:
I would trade (Sam Bradford + 2014 2nd Overall Pick + 2015 2nd Rounder) to the Houston Texans For The 1st Overall Pick

Rams get out of Bradford's ridiculous contract which is worth the extra high draft pick given up. Texans could then renegotiate Bradford's terms to make it more cap friendly, Schaub gets cut.

Rams draft Terry Bridgewater at a rookie premium and can afford his growing pains being one of the youngest teams in the League filled with an already solid supporting cast. Fisher gets a Steve McNair type athlete at QB, which he probably loves. Rams could then afford to extend Robert Quinn easily, as well as re-sign Roger Saffold to a solid deal. And attract some other premium free agents to solidify the rest of their roster among what they already do in the draft.

Texans draft Jadeveon Clowney in continuation of creating the scariest defensive front 7 in the NFL (and let them wreak havoc on Luck for years) OR they can still trade down for more picks. Either way they also get a young possible franchise QB in the process who already has NFL experience with a pretty exceptional Offensive supporting cast already in place with (RB, Arian Foster, WR Andre Johnson, WR DeAndre Hopkins, TE Owen Daniels, and TE Garrett Graham (if re-signed).

If I were the Browns, I trade that second 1st round pick + Brandon Wheeden to the Redskins for QB Kirk Cousins. Use the 4th overall pick on a complementary WR (like Lee or Watkins) to pair with Josh Gordan plus TE Jordan Cameron, sign RB Ben Tate in free agency. Redskins could use some draft capital or they are back overpaying free agents. Brown's Offense makes huge progress without having to test waters on another rookie QB.

I think a much simpler trade for Houston is to give up their 2nd for Cousins. Then they can still Grab Clowney and I'd rather have Cousins and his rookie salary than Bradford and his Monster contract. Cousins has struggled the last 2 games he played, so I think a #33 pick would be more than fair for him.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Axx":1z2zqrli said:

Or his contract? NOBODY is trading for Sam Bradford.

The Redskins aren't going to take on ANOTHER first round QB contract for a third round talented QB.

I'd like to trade my 03 Mazda and my Schwinn for a 2014 Toyota Tacoma. Makes about as much sense as the trades suggested.

Latest posts