If Lynch walks

kpak76

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1lglo6jp said:
Start Turbin, develop C-Mike as a backup hopefully to replace Turbin the following year as starter.

Accept next year as a building year, and pray those RBs show they are no scrubs.

Re-work and get some weapons on offense so teams have to acknowledge RW can actually throw the ball in the pocket as well as everything else he does.

Might not be a bad plan considering I don't even think the defense is going to be healthy the bulk of next year.

Heck no. This team is far too talented to be in building mode. No way in hell i will accept us in rebuild mode when our team is so young and good. Asanine statement right there.

capncrunch

Reaction score
bigskydoc":21kfh2kn said:
I don't think whether Lynch retires or not really matters much to the offseason plans. Either way, I would be focused on improving the offensive line and the receiver corps. If Lynch comes back, great. If he doesn't, then we have improved in areas that will make up for losing Lynch.

We may decide to pick up a Gurley if he is available at the right spot even if we know that we have Lynch, but I would be okay with our current stable of running backs behind an improved pass pro line and a better receiver corps. Russ is ready to move ahead with a more balanced attack and carry the load.

Not that it would not hurt to lose Lynch. That would be the second biggest loss this team could suffer, but I do think that the areas we need to address in the offseason are the same whether Lynch comes back or not.

- bsd RPA

This is a very good post. I agree with this assessement.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I would consider Ajaie or however you spell it. He got the invite to the combine out of Boise State as he declared as a JR. I watched a couple of their games and sort of agree with the other Boise fan. A good look at him and they are at the moment looking at him as draft prospect around the 6-7th rounds.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Why do we need a RB? Not like we will use them at the 1 yard line anyway.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":39pue20e said:
Why do we need a RB? Not like we will use them at the 1 yard line anyway.

We need someone to get the team TO the one yard line...... :stirthepot:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
kpak76":3oiryaex said:
ZagHawk":3oiryaex said:
Start Turbin, develop C-Mike as a backup hopefully to replace Turbin the following year as starter.

Accept next year as a building year, and pray those RBs show they are no scrubs.

Re-work and get some weapons on offense so teams have to acknowledge RW can actually throw the ball in the pocket as well as everything else he does.

Might not be a bad plan considering I don't even think the defense is going to be healthy the bulk of next year.

Heck no. This team is far too talented to be in building mode. No way in hell i will accept us in rebuild mode when our team is so young and good. Asanine statement right there.

The Seahawks are NOT SB contenders the first year without Lynch. Can get into playoffs sure, but it'll most likely be as a wildcard or at best a #3-4 seed. I can't remember the last time the Hawks won 2-3 playoff road games in a row, oh that's right because it hasn't happened which is why this team and all teams fight for HFA throughout the playoffs. Now of course if Lynch walks and suddenly Turbin and/or C-Mike are producing just as well, then sure I'll eat crow. But Marshawn is a top 2/3 RB, don't tell me Turbin and C-Mike are going to go out there their first years as starters and suddenly pick up right where he left off.

The following year, I think would be fine assuming talent developed correctly. Don't forget we'll probably lose Maxwell. Simon's gotta develop, Lane, Sherman, Chancellor AND Thomas are all injured some way worse than others. I love our Hawks, but just saying next year at least starting off is going to be a major challenge, especially if Lynch isn't our RB. Had Arizona's QB not gone down, Seahawks were a wildcard team this year and probably would have missed the SB.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1pu1wrbi said:
We will draft.

I could see a push for AP... maybe. But that would be it.

The problem with Peterson is he is not a very good blocker and is probably worse than Lynch at receiving the ball. He is the best pure runner in the league though

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
austinslater25":2h7s0cl6 said:
If Lynch walks I think they target a couple of guys in the draft early and if that doesnt work out they will do what they can to get Michael to be the guy and Turbin to work in his normal role but with more touches. Michael is still better than people realize and he is more than capable of being an elite back in this league. He just has to figure it out between the ears.

I would be ok with this plan..I think they might even do a split back/2 RB type offense as I think both guys together could do a really good job

Cyrus12

Reaction score
if Lynch leaves than the offence will be worse next year..He is the offence! We do not have the big time receivers to be a strictly passing team and Turbin and Michael are not going to fill in for Lynch. A draft pick will likely not be successful either for a season or two.

pehawk

Reaction score
Theres tons of dudes, who's opinion I respect, who to this day say Christine Michael is the same as AP. Physically, theyll tell you they're the same guy.

I'd be fine with Michael and Turbo Turbo.

The Outfield

Reaction score
dukestar":3day3cva said:
The problem with Lynch though is the Seahawks won't necessarily know if he's playing until after free agency and the draft. So how can JS plan around that? Lynch is under contract. If he does nothing and waits until training camp to decide to retire or hold out we are SOL. Lynch in a way has the upper hand here. If he wants to be a dick about it he can. I hope he decides soon to allow JS to work free agency and the draft accordingly.

If we sign a new contract of some sort, we will know.

Tical21

Reaction score
Lynch will holdout and demand a trade after the shenanigans he just witnessed. C-Mike is as promising as anybody else you're going to find, and less expensive. He'll be good.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
If lynch leaves, we are okay. Our draft shouldn't change, but we would be forced to find an offensive weapon to replace him in free agency. (Replace him, heh, not easy). But we'd need something along the lines of Fitzgerald. Someone teams have to scheme for.

Ozzy

Reaction score
pehawk":9n6w9caz said:
Theres tons of dudes, who's opinion I respect, who to this day say Christine Michael is the same as AP. Physically, theyll tell you they're the same guy.

Seahawks fans are quick to dismiss Michael and I don't blame them but they are going to be shocked at how talented he us imo. Everyone should look up his highlight videos. Incredible talent.

swagcity21

Reaction score
Before the world comes crashing down on all of us I think we have to look at the facts. As enigmatic as Lynch is I think the way the season ended no one on this team will want to walk away and have that as the lasting impression on their career.

With that I believe Lynch stays this year and signs and extension for two or three more years allowing him to retire as a hawk and get one more ring.

I think the RB class will allow us to pick up another guy that is Marshawn 2.0 and allow him to develop behind him for a couple years. I'm sorry but I have no faith in Michael to become our every down back. He hasn't shown the ability to learn an NFL system and become a blocker as it pertains to the rush. Turbin I believe can be a transition type RB that will keep us going. But Turbin appears to lack vision at times when he's running.

One mock draft has us taking Melvin Gordon from Wisconsin in the 1st round.

pehawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":1n8nzo2p said:
pehawk":1n8nzo2p said:

Seahawks fans are quick to dismiss Michael and I don't blame them but they are going to be shocked at how talented he us imo. Everyone should look up his highlight videos. Incredible talent.

That's my thought too. There's smart dudes I've seen go gaga over him.

Turbo is just a backup. That's his role. Maurice Morris.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Tical21":2b1m4bt9 said:
Lynch will holdout and demand a trade after the shenanigans he just witnessed. C-Mike is as promising as anybody else you're going to find, and less expensive. He'll be good.

trade Lynch for AP straight up :D

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1tcg4g71 said:
I don't even want to think about this possibility.................
Could not agree more man. Love watching the Beast go to work. The guy is the heartbeat of this team and I can't even fathom the Beast not making at least a couple more playoff runs with us. Say what you want but it just wouldn't feel right without him here.

Rat

Reaction score
That guy from the Ravens, I think his name is Forsett or something like that, is a UFA.

Until about halfway through last season, I thought Turbin was a JAG. Since then, he's shown enough where I'd be OK with he and Michael being the guys going into next year. Maybe add someone like Roy Helu or Jacquizz Rodgers to the mix.