If the Hawks were to lose the NFCCG, who...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
This is a feel good killer question.
Think I'll just keep my homer glasses on for the next couple weeks, as I've had enough downer Seasons in the past, and I ain't lettin' go of the feel goods until I have to.

byau

Reaction score
Not what the OP originally asked, that's because I cannot put out into the universe the Seahawks losing.

However, I will put a rooting order here:

1. Seahawks

2. Packers: I like Aaron Rodgers and respect his talent. Not to mention he gives respect where it's due and admitted to Sherman he avoided him (unlike the sourpuss "Ya mad brah" Brady who didn't give the Seahawks their due). Plus a good friend of mine is a Packer Backer

3. Cowboys: For the underdog storyline or similar-to-Seahawks-storyline, Tony Romo gets beat up on an awful lot and it would be nice for him to get one up on everyone. Plus respect to the O-line, Dez, and Demarco. Plus in my daughter's daycare, one of the teachers is a huge Cowboys fan. And one of the parents that I talk NFL with a lot is a Cowboys fan. And both of them are super cool.

4. Cardinals: Because I like their Next-Man-Up attitude. And Larry Fitzgerald is awesome. There have been other threads on here about the impossibility of luring an elite receiver to Seattle because he wouldn't be able to get the stats. Larry Fitzgerald would be the one who would fit. Elite AND will do what his coach says.

5. Panthers: Don't really want to root for them. Don't like them. But since Cam had his accident it'd be a nice story to see them make some waves. Maybe a new beginning for him.

6. Lions: I really really do not like the Lions

In the AFC, I might be unpopular in my opinion: I'd root for the Patriots and the Broncos. Even though Brady didn't give the Seahawks their due in the "Ya mad brah" incident (then again he could have been in shock), I do I respect the longevity of Brady and Belichick. For teh Broncos: it's really Peyton Manning for me. For any guy to come back from neck surgery and still be one of the best QBs, despite physical deterioration he is an inspiration on what hard work and preparation and a good mind can do .. I would root for Peyton Manning.

So to be clear
1. Seahawks

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Root for? If the Hawks don't make it, I might not even watch the damn thing.

jayneseahawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3g5jitim said:
I'd stab myself in the balls with a rusty fork before I'd root for the dirtiest team in football, the Detroit Lions. Screw those guys. Their fans are awful too. And to hell with this notion that it's somehow a desirable thing for a team that has never won to hopefully finally win one. There are two types of people in this world: those who have guns and those who dig. Detroit digs.

If we don't win the NFC, I'd sooner back Dallas than the others just because I always do want Tony Romo to triumph over the stupid masses who have turned him into some sort of failure meme when he's obviously an upper-echelon QB; people utilize maximum selection bias in order to continue to reinforce to themselves that he's not great, and it's irritating.

LKJ is that you?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Considering this game is at the CLink.. I don't even want to think of such a scenario. I think we need these 2 wins to get to Glendale not only to get to the Super Bowl, but keep the mystique of CenturyLink Field up.

If someone comes up here and beats us to end our repeat bid.. that "unbeatable at home" idea takes a major dent

Latest posts