If we lose...

Cartire

Reaction score
Can we all agree to bow out gracefully and not make obnoxious excuses.

Some excuses may include:

1. It was 10am
2. We had to travel to the east coast twice in a row.
3. The officials

I dont want to see this board become a cesspool of pissed off people raging over this. Its classless, and our seahawks are better then that. Just look at http://www.extremeskins.com from last weeks loss. Do you want to look like that?

If we lose, its cause we were either:

1. Outplayed
2. Outcoached

Those are the only acceptable excuses and are acceptable for a loss.

theoaklandphenom

Reaction score
I wouldn't consider either of the first two to be obnoxious. I don't think either would be primary reasons for the loss, but fatigue and jet lag are very real elements.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
What if the officiating is like...superbowl bad...Can we complain and wallow in self pity amongst our fellow 12's?

hawkfan333

Reaction score
Cartire":3b5sj78o said:
Can we all agree to bow out gracefully and not make obnoxious excuses.

Some excuses may include:

1. It was 10am
2. We had to travel to the east coast twice in a row.
3. The officials

I dont want to see this board become a cesspool of pissed off people raging over this. Its classless, and our seahawks are better then that. Just look at http://www.extremeskins.com from last weeks loss. Do you want to look like that?

If we lose, its cause we were either:

1. Outplayed
2. Outcoached

Those are the only acceptable excuses and are acceptable for a loss.
you cant be sure that those are the 2 reasons we lost if we lose

Reaction score
This thread is for when we lose NEXT SEASON, right ???

:187734:

In my mind, (shallow as it is) I don't even see us losing tomorrow.......
So this thread is a "premature revelation" ~ or something like that !!??

:icon_new:

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
With how much people keep talking about the refs either calling it losely, helping our DBs or calling it strict, helping their WR's. Officiating could be a key to either team winning.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
...in this thread: LOSER TALK

Those first two excuses are legitimate concerns statistically.

theoaklandphenom

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":dq17a9bi said:
With how much people keep talking about the refs either calling it losely, helping our DBs or calling it strict, helping their WR's. Officiating could be a key to either team winning.

Consistency is the key. If the refs are consistently letting things go, then it's up for the less physical team to adjust. If there is a quick whistle, it's up to the more physical team to adjust. The only way you could really blame officials would be if they were allowing ATL receivers and DBs to play more physical than Seattle's.

Largent80

Reaction score
It is just another step in a series of steps, and unlike the Mayans, we will all be around on Monday morning.

But lets just win and not think about it right now.

sutz

Reaction score
I've seen people pre-load excuses before. I am a Seattle Seahawks fan, after all.

Have we pre-loaded counter-excuses before?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I've got nothing to say, no matter how they lose if they even do. This might be the first time I have actually been excited about an offseason in that the team has exceeded my expectations and I love watching the progression take place.

I still they that the Hawks pull this game out, if they win, I am not as confident about the next one, but regardless, I am proud of the team and will be there when they come back to Seattle, win or lose.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I totally agree. I may not be the happiest camper on the planet if we lose tomorrow - especially if it's due to horrific circumstances like a blown call, bad injury, et al - but I will absolutely be proud of the team in what they accomplished and there's no question we have A LOT to raise our glasses to and toast what's coming this next season and the years ahead.

I don't want the ride to end tomorrow but if it's a hard-fought, good game but we just end up on the short end of the score I can definitely hold my head high tomorrow and salute this past season's success and the years to come.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Simple, we will win. No reason to think otherwise, but yea if that doesn't happen, No Excuses.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Stay classy my friends, regardless of outcome.
No gloating when we win.

formido

Reaction score
I'm not on the team so making "excuses" is irrelevant. If officiating or other lucky events significantly affect the outcome, I'm certainly not going to hide behind some false macho, anti-intellectual BS and pretend it didn't happen.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
If we get a slow lethargic start like we did in DC and the game comes down to the wire, it is going to be really hard to ignore travel and 10am start. Likewise, if they officiate this game the way Mike Carey officiated the Chicago game, win or lose I will be pissed.

All that said I am very happy with this team and believe our future is very bright so even a loss, especially a hard fought well officiated loss, won't infuriate me all that much. I know we are going to be be even better next year.

Edit:
It's easy to say don't bitch before hand but how would you feel if Bevell decided to run every single down with no success? Wouldn't you want to vent a little about poor play calling?

djb28

Reaction score
That is what worries me. The officiating. Sharpe was pointing that out on yesterdays show. He said If we are allowed to play lose we have the best chance. Last weeks officials let us play. This crew tomorrow. Not so much. If they start getting ticky tack with us, we are screwed because of our physicality.

Latest posts