If we win Sunday

StoneCold

Reaction score
We are not in total disarray. Offense just needs to be little bit better, not perfect. Defense just needs to be a little bit better, not perfect. In all of our losses we are just a few plays from winning. Offense being better will help the Defense. Defense being a bit better will help the Offense. This is so close to being 5-0, Ivotuk is right we are about to gel.

seahawks08

Reaction score
StoneCold":bw12qjvl said:
We are not in total disarray. Offense just needs to be little bit better, not perfect. Defense just needs to be a little bit better, not perfect. In all of our losses we are just a few plays from winning. Offense being better will help the Defense. Defense being a bit better will help the Offense. This is so close to being 5-0, Ivotuk is right we are about to gel.

And the special teams being a little better would help the offense and defense. Don't forget Special Teams.

sam1313

Reaction score
ringless":1h3t07ck said:
One reason I have always admired Rugby players like Jaryd Hayne. The NRL only allows 8 substitutions in an 80 minute game. Halftime is at the 40 minute mark. That includes injuries. Not to mention it isn't stop start like the NFL, its continuous play.

Rugby is so much more of an endurance sport than football. I've played both, and I really missed huddles and a facemask while playing rugby!

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Defense is good enough to give us a shot in every game we play, the difference is we're an underachieving offense, and while Bevell's running things I have absolutely no reason to believe that will change. Sad.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":29zw1ii5 said:
Hasselbeck":29zw1ii5 said:
Laloosh":29zw1ii5 said:
2014 defense was 16th in points allowed this time last year. This defense is currently 10th.

Perspective people...

What are they if you remove the Jimmy Clausen game?

You'd have to remove every other teams' lowest score allowed game in order to be fair. Pointless.

Just saying that stat is very misleading. The defense has played a lot better than the offense though.

lukerguy

Reaction score
chevelle03":349mt4t9 said:
After 6 games last year we were in utter disarray. Let's hope we can right the ship again.

lol exactly.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":yszruayj said:
It's not misleading at all. Every defense comes up against some shitty offenses. You can only play the teams you can play. The stat is based upon teams we have played. Not sure what your point is, honestly.

They've blown 4th quarter leads in 3 of the 5 games.. I don't think they've been as lights out as everyone else is saying. They're playing well, but not to the level they have been in recent years.

Now - I think a LOT of that falls on the offense not doing their job and constantly putting them back out on the field after a 3 and out or 5 plays and punt drive. But it's concerning that they've blown double digit leads in the Super Bowl, against Cincy on the road and very very nearly against a now 0-5 Lions team that just had the doors blown off by the team we are 2 games back of in the standings.

I get the OP's point in that we were 3-3 last year too, but they were 3-3 with the offense playing really well save for the Dallas game. You just knew if the defense tightened up, everything would fall into place.

Can we say that now?

Boycie

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":vo71oq7u said:
Yeah, the offense punted 6 straight times at the end of the game. Not acceptable

Just after we went up 17, I said to my kid that I hope we don't take take our foot off the gas. I felt like we were playing not to lose, as opposed to playing to win, and that we changed our approach to make sure we didn't give up a big play. There is no way we should have blown a 17 point lead with the way the D had been playing. I guess you have to put a lot of blame on the offense here because we were so predictable with trying to run the clock out, and the vanilla play calling after we went up 17.

I keep hearing people say that in the past we won games that we should have lost and vice versa, but something is missing from this team this year, and that is a killer instinct.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
seahawksny":7ulglhed said:
justafan":7ulglhed said:
Losing to two of the best teams in the league on the road isnt the end of the year.

Youre right, but showing absolutely no life in games against two of the worst isnt so reassuring either

Blowing out a (now 2-3, just like us) Bears team is showing no life?

Sweet Jesus.

I think there are probably quite a few teams worse than the Bears.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Difference is Palmer hasn't blown an acl yet, amazingly, so by mistakes compounding mistakes us being 500 this year has much larger divisional implications as long as Palmer is healthy. To me the ''if'' we win part of Sunday will either vindicate the negative posters or validate your indirect knock to them. I believe we can't sustain a playoffs push with a loss.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Optimus25":1ezx8o18 said:
Difference is Palmer hasn't blown an acl yet, amazingly, so by mistakes compounding mistakes us being 500 this year has much larger divisional implications as long as Palmer is healthy. To me the ''if'' we win part of Sunday will either vindicate the negative posters or validate your indirect knock to them. I believe we can't sustain a playoffs push with a loss.

Arizona has also played:

Detroit
Chicago
San Fran
New Orleans
Rams

Their schedule will even out and get exceptionally more difficult as the year progresses. We have to tread water for now and take advantage of the back half of our schedule and see where it ends up.

Latest posts