If Wilson isn't elite.....

Sign37now

Reaction score
RCATES":toudor1q said:
Sign37now":toudor1q said:
Ambrose83":toudor1q said:
Then how is Rodgers this season? You can't tell me the packers have less talent then us and yet the are 3-4-1...... Which for those counting is worse then 4-4....... Why don't you guys look at Rodgers numbers vs good d's..... This may be a shock but Hes mortal too and has had games far worse then last Sunday for RW. I Can't fathom the hate for our qb... He is our first and best franchise qb...... Do all of you recall how it used to be?

No, most of these clowns jumped on the bandwagon circa 2012/13. IMO.

Clowns? Maybe we could be wildly exaggerated like you. Did we not get decent QB play out of Matt Hasselbeck from 2001-2010? Outside of a little gap between Matt and Russ this team has had above average QB play for the last 17 years. Your point holds no merit.

Clowns as in bandwagon fans here, not QB's... :34853_doh:

Seymour

Reaction score
Sign37now":39dz6o9q said:
RCATES":39dz6o9q said:
Sign37now":39dz6o9q said:
Ambrose83":39dz6o9q said:
Then how is Rodgers this season? You can't tell me the packers have less talent then us and yet the are 3-4-1...... Which for those counting is worse then 4-4....... Why don't you guys look at Rodgers numbers vs good d's..... This may be a shock but Hes mortal too and has had games far worse then last Sunday for RW. I Can't fathom the hate for our qb... He is our first and best franchise qb...... Do all of you recall how it used to be?

No, most of these clowns jumped on the bandwagon circa 2012/13. IMO.

Clowns? Maybe we could be wildly exaggerated like you. Did we not get decent QB play out of Matt Hasselbeck from 2001-2010? Outside of a little gap between Matt and Russ this team has had above average QB play for the last 17 years. Your point holds no merit.

Clowns as in bandwagon fans here, not QB's... :34853_doh:

He has a little difficulty with properly registering what his eyes tell him as you can "see". You're not alone here.

seedhawk

Reaction score
I compared RW with TB and AR, and corresponding teams.

RW and the Hawks, in the past 6 years are 65-30-1 in the regular season, 8-4 in playoffs, 1-1 in Bowls. Totals are 73-34-1.

AR and the Pack, are 58-37-1, 5-5 in playoffs. No Bowls. Total 63-42-1.

TB and the Pats are 75-21, 11-4 in playoffs. 2 Bowl wins. Total 86-25.

No big surprise. We as a team with RW are ahead of AR and the Pack, but lag TB and the Pats.
Draw you're own conclusions.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":291r0bzm said:
Do elite QBs protect their QB rating by taking a sack, or do they throw ball away?

Elite QBs make good decisions. Wilson has a tendency to hold onto the ball way too long and usually results in a sack with loss yards.
ALL, and I mean ALL Quarterbacks get sacked, and again, ALL Quarterbacks do NOT ALWAYS "MAKE GOOD DECISIONS"
ALL the "ELITE" Quarterbacks at some time or another, get caught with their pants down.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ak6mlucy said:
RCATES":ak6mlucy said:
Give Rodgers this offense they would be 8-0. He would have a hay day with all the open receivers. Comparing Wilson to Rodgers is laughable at best. Wilson just looks flat awful in half of his games the past two years. I've never seen Rodgers look that lost and wildly inaccurate in a game ever. Rodgers also has the ability to climb the pocket and make plays like most good Qb's. Wilson just panics and kills the drive with 15 yard loss sacks.

You've just described about 10% of his games.
And "Clearly" he's wrong.

iigakusei

Reaction score
seedhawk":t0byw91w said:

RW and the Hawks, in the past 6 years are 65-30-1 in the regular season, 8-4 in playoffs, 1-1 in Bowls. Totals are 73-34-1.

No big surprise. We as a team with RW are ahead of AR and the Pack, but lag TB and the Pats.
Cmon man - Wilson isnt Rodgers or Brady and never will be, and that is okay. Doesnt mean Wilson isnt a good QB. Those two are two of the best all time.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seedhawk":334108ed said:

TB's year to year competition also has to be factored in there.
IF TB had to face the tougher competition AS OFTEN as RW & AR have had to do, his numbers wouldn't shine nearly as bright either.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
There's an enormous disconnect about "elite" money going on here. It's not as if there are a few "elite" QBs who get that top money then all these secondary and tertiary guys who are getting paid some fraction of it. Josh McCown is a $10 million cap hit this year. Case Keenum is $16 million. Tyrod Taylor is $16 million. And these guys suck. Really, really suck.

If you're not terrible, you're getting $20 million - $25 million cap hits over the next few years. And if you're good or better you're getting $25 million - $35 million cap hits over the next few years.

It's not just "Aaron Rodgers" money. It's not as if there are like two other guys who are going to get paid this money and Russell Wilson is somehow going to get overpaid into that territory while all these other good/great QBs are laying around who are going to take much less.

It's "doesn't suck" QB money. And Russell Wilson doesn't suck.

evergreen

Reaction score
The problem is he doesn’t look better than he used to. A little worse in fact. Man he was so much better when he ran some of the time. Now there’s almost no chance of him running out of those sacks. I realize the Wilson I want had that great D but they weren’t on the field with him when he worked that magic. Yeah beast mode was but still you all have to remember how dynamic he was. Not so much now that he’s a pocket statue. Don’t get me wrong I loved the guy. But he’s stopped getting better.

AgentDib

Reaction score
RCATES":p09xsz43 said:
Give Rodgers this offense they would be 8-0. He would have a hay day with all the open receivers.
I am positive most neutral observers would rank GB's receivers above the Hawks receivers. It's a difficult comparison to make because QB play does factor heavily in, but Baldwin's injury tips the scale in my personal opinion. Adams, Graham and Cobb would be three of the first four receivers off the board in a combined draft with only Lockett showing up in that mix somewhere.

We do have the better RB group when Carson is available but they have the better group when Carson is dinged up.

Everybody here would have taken their OL at the start of the regular season but I'd say it's a toss up now. They have some good pieces in Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Jahri Evans and Jason Spriggs.

blazen2392

Reaction score
Wilson isn't in the same tier as Brady Rodgers of Brees. Period. I don't see why people feel the need to compare him to these guys. He a really good QB who I think can lead us to another SB with enough weapons around him. Wilson has a lot of highs with a lot of lows. He can be very inconsistent. But he's our QB

Even attempting to compare him to Rodgers is blasphemy.

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
blazen2392":2mmli9sm said:
Wilson isn't in the same tier as Brady Rodgers of Brees. Period. I don't see why people feel the need to compare him to these guys. He a really good QB who I think can lead us to another SB with enough weapons around him. Wilson has a lot of highs with a lot of lows. He can be very inconsistent. But he's our QB

Ya I,mean Rodgers has done better in the post season then Wilson and all....... Oh wait ....

AlciG

Reaction score
Ambrose83":mx2h2zll said:
blazen2392":mx2h2zll said:

Ya I,mean Rodgers has done better in the post season then Wilson and all....... Oh wait ....

Don't you know? Rodgers carried a crap team to a SB and has had even crappier teams ever since.

blazen2392

Reaction score
Ambrose83":36l0vosl said:
blazen2392":36l0vosl said:

ok.... ill bite.

are you actually going to try and say Wilson is as good as Rodgers? sit down, take the homer glasses off for 1 minute.

wilson is our QB. He has limitations and he has strengths that these other guys have. he is a GREAT QB, but certainly, i don't think he is in that tier of QB's I would consider elite. Its not slight on Wilson because I only have 3 QBs in that tier. and for the record I think he is the 4th best QB in the league.

mrt144

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2rgtrfup said:
Seanhawk":2rgtrfup said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2rgtrfup said:
Do elite QBs protect their QB rating by taking a sack, or do they throw ball away?

Elite QBs make good decisions. Wilson has a tendency to hold onto the ball way too long and usually results in a sack with loss yards.

Oh now he's taking sacks to protect his QB rating? That's a new one. New, but still extremely dumb.
You've never heard of this before? It's not new.

When Wilsons agent gets his chance to negotiate a new contract, he can say Wilsons QB rating has been high.

Wilson holds onto the ball purposely to keep his completion percentage at a certain level.

Not new. It's been said.

Are aliens unfamiliar with football and with no means of becoming familiar with it running NFL teams now?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
blazen2392":aerjeq9m said:

Wilson has a better QBR and has thrown for three more TD's than Rodgers this year.................and has a better playoff record and more game winning drives than Rodgers in their careers (20 to 19), despite Rodgers being in the league seven more years.

It's funny how we all keep downplaying just how efficient and clutch Russell is, and hyper focus on the negative.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
AlciG":1aob070g said:
Ambrose83":1aob070g said:
blazen2392":1aob070g said:

Don't you know? Rodgers carried a crap team to a SB and has had even crappier teams ever since.
That so called crap team had a great defense late in the season..
He has always had weapons on offense plus his legs..The legs are going
and the cap has hurt the team overall..Father time is catching up-even have
an old ass JG but this is what happens when you cannot spread the money.
There is too many holes.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Seanhawk":16yg6b7r said:
TheLegendOfBoom":16yg6b7r said:

Oh now he's taking sacks to protect his QB rating? That's a new one. New, but still extremely dumb.
If he does it it's not to protect his rating. It's because he doesn't trust what he sees on those plays, or he's waiting for a WR to come wide open while he runs around like a headless chicken.