If you boo Russ, are you going to boo Wagner?

rcaido

Reaction score
i have never booed an ex-seahawk...Im going to be a sad puppy seeing Bobby & Russ play against us.

Seahawker

Reaction score
I don't really care if RW is cheered or booed on Monday, I just want the 12's to bring a seismic roar every time #3 is under center.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Should not boo either, however Russ was really all about Russ. Bobby was always all about the Hawks. Yes Russ was a good politician and made you think he was all Hawks "go Hawks" but he was building his brand.
Umm its "lets ride" now...

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Russ will probably run for office one day. I can see that. He’s got the nice guy image down and knows how to play the game. I’m sure it will be in Denver. Cause he will burn the bridge he had to the city of Seattle in the coming years. If he wins it all in Denver he will really piss off seattlw fans.
Should not boo either, however Russ was really all about Russ. Bobby was always all about the Hawks. Yes Russ was a good politician and made you think he was all Hawks "go Hawks" but he was building his brand.

John63

Reaction score
Russ will probably run for office one day. I can see that. He’s got the nice guy image down and knows how to play the game. I’m sure it will be in Denver. Cause he will burn the bridge he had to the city of Seattle in the coming years. If he wins it all in Denver he will really piss off seattlw fans.
Why would wining it all in Denver piss off Seattle fans at him If anything it should piss them off at PC because it will prove the team made the wrong choice.

Rainger

Reaction score
Everyone taking a dump on Russ just remember John was exploring trades with the Browns with Russ well before the last 2 years. I completely understand Russ' frustration with the front office and the state of our O-line. We have had years of extremely poor trades, Graham, Harvin, Sheldon Richardson, etc. and an all time franchise worst for malcontent Jamal Adams ( a trade that had the rest of the NFL laughing). We threw around first and second round picks like they were one cent candy.
We had incredibly fruitless free agent acquisitions. Continually giving players no one wanted millions to come here and show why no one wanted to sign them. Our free agent signings 3 years ago in particular were horrific.

Pete and John built a winner but they were horrible at sustaining it. Handing out massive contracts at safety and linebacker is a terrible way to spend money while never ever going out and paying for the good O lineman that were available.
In short Russ was not the only reason this fell apart. In fact when you have a hall of fame QB on your roster the F.O. needs to figure out how to make it work out. The Seahawks are the only franchise I can think of that traded a QB of his caliber in their prime and that isn't because Russ is some sort of trouble maker unlike Tom, Rodgers, etc.
Its because they failed to put together a competent team around Russ for many years. Russ carried this team for a long time and it was only getting worse.

Pete's reset did not work out and it was obvious for everyone to see. Many here in the same position would get frustrated with how things were being done as well. He has a finite amount of time to play and he wanted to compete for championships and he had lost his confidence in Pete and John to make that happen.
I can understand why. Now maybe they can turn it around again but seeing them double down on Adams with his huge contract shakes my confidence. It seems like they have a large helping of hubris in that F.O. at least as much as Russ has.
After reading that crap no you are not nate the great!

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Booing Wagner or Russ is just petty. IMO Russ was justified to press Pete and John to take off the kid gloves and open up the offense. Any established top-5 NFL QB would have had a problem with Pete offensive philosophy.
They did "take off the kid gloves and open up the offense" when Wilson waged the "let-Russ-cook" phase of his ongoing public smear campaign against the team. And the result of "let Russ cook" was learning that Wilson's recipes ended up producing a specific tasty (for opposing defenses) treat:

olyfan63

Reaction score
They did "take off the kid gloves and open up the offense" when Wilson waged the "let-Russ-cook" phase of his ongoing public smear campaign against the team. And the result of "let Russ cook" was learning that Wilson's recipes ended up producing a specific tasty (for opposing defenses) treat:

View attachment 54426
For anyone else who was initially confused, my first thought was Let Russ cook, and he serves up "picks", then at first glance, I thought "pierogies? are they called 'picks' in some slang usage"? Then a few seconds later, it became obvious...
TURNOVERS!! Let Russ Cook, and he serves up.. TURNOVERS!

kidhawk

Reaction score
When he comes out of the tunnel with the team, I would imagine there should be some booing, as there always should be when the opposing team (especially a division rival) comes on the field). Luckily though for Bobby, he's on defense, and I'd hope that our crowd would have the respect of our offense enough to stay quiet when the Rams defense is on the field. So, I'd say he should get booed with the rams as you would do if he weren't there, but unlike Wilson, who was on offense and we needed to be loud, he should get a lot of silence during the game.

I'm all for cheering them both whenever they retire and come back to raise the flag and eventually enter the ring of honor