People boo'ing Russ but not Bobby.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I get it. I really, really do.

Russ got Traded and the Hawks cut Bobby. One felt like a choice and one was forced.

I see people on twitter saying i will boo Russ as he is a rival now. Then when asked about Bobby they said they will cheer. I said that feels hypocritcial. They said "Bobby was cut".

Bobby chose LA over Balty. He picked the NFC West. Family. Im sure. Im sure it was that and shoving it in Pete's face and the Hawks as well. Wait, i have proof.

In the end, Los Angeles had two things that Baltimore and Dallas didn't: family and a revenge game on the schedule. The Rams have two against Seattle each year.

“Playing the Seahawks twice a year was the cherry on top," Wagner said. "I’ll make sure they see me every time we play them. They’ll know where I’m at; I’ll make sure, I’ll tell them. It won’t be a quiet game for me.”

So if you boo one guy, you should boo both. Or its somewhat hypocritical.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Don't see how they're the same. Russell and Mark Rogers forced their way out of Seattle. Bobby was cut because he's gotten older and slower and doesn't have the pop he used to.

Bobby is from LA, so he went home and there's a team right there that wanted to sign him. Why go anywhere else? A yearly failure like Dallas? No thanks. The Ravens with an unsigned running QB that's had a few injuries? Not happening.

Now if he was from Baltimore or Dallas, I believe he would have signed with those teams.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I get it. I really, really do.

Russ got Traded and the Hawks cut Bobby. One felt like a choice and one was forced.

I see people on twitter saying i will boo Russ as he is a rival now. Then when asked about Bobby they said they will cheer. I said that feels hypocritcial. They said "Bobby was cut".

Bobby chose LA over Balty. He picked the NFC West. Family. Im sure. Im sure it was that and shoving it in Pete's face and the Hawks as well. Wait, i have proof.

In the end, Los Angeles had two things that Baltimore and Dallas didn't: family and a revenge game on the schedule. The Rams have two against Seattle each year.

“Playing the Seahawks twice a year was the cherry on top," Wagner said. "I’ll make sure they see me every time we play them. They’ll know where I’m at; I’ll make sure, I’ll tell them. It won’t be a quiet game for me.”

It's not the same at all. Even the phrase cherry on top means it was a bonus and wasn't the reason why. Being the defending champs with a perennial DMVP and staying on the same coast as his family are why he chose the Rams. He was done dirty by the team a bit so I can understand some salt. But I will never boo Bobby unless he does something outrageous.

Russ on the other hand... If I were at the game Monday night I would cheer loudly for him when he was introduced and give him the sendoff that he deserves for all his hard work and success he's had here. Say what you want about having a great D to lean on, he's still set a ton of records of his own for his play. Including 2nd most TDs in the first 10 years of a career, second only to Peyton who he beat in rookie TDs if I recall correctly. So, he's done more than enough to receive a heroes goodbye. But once the game starts, he's just another opposing QB. I don't hold any malice towards him. We weren't going to pay him what he wanted, which is his hard earned right, and we got a good haul for him. It's just business. After MNF, the only reasons I'm rooting for him to fail is for their draft pick and I've long been a fan of the Chargers/hater of Broncos. I certainly hope things don't get so fractured that he isn't in our ring of honor in 15 years or so, but after the intro Monday night, he's JAG.

hoxrox

Reaction score
When guys like Bobby and KJ said they wanted to play their entire careers in Seattle, they were authentic.

At the time when Russ said the same thing, he and his agent were, behind the scenes, already making the situation in Seattle untenable.

One was "All in". One already had one foot out the door.

Big difference.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Bobby is a class act that was a tough cut and business decision. Wilson is a tool that played the diva card until he got what he wanted (nothing new actually).

Pretty simple.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
NE fans cheered Tom Bradys return. Standing O. Dude did what Russ did. He threw a fit when he heard Bill wanted to trade him. He did wait til FA only because SF wanted Jimmy and not him.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Idc cuz they not my players anymore. I will cheer at ROH and thats that.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Not only did Bobby go home, but he also went to a club poised to win a Super Bowl. He's a class act, destined for the ROH, and getting to play twice a year against the team that cut him is all about playing with a chip on his shoulder, and proving he shouldn't have been cut. He's a competitor, we all miss him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

So you're reasoning as to why these two things being equal is Bobby chose to go to a team in our division?

Huh?

Do you think there were other factors involved in why he chose LA? Like closer to his home in Seattle, better playing situation and possibility at getting another ring?

Nah man, not the same. At All.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson was a snake oil and use car salesmen in Seattle, doesn't mean he isn't talented but we have been saying the whole time it's a front to who he really is.

Bobby is everything Wilson acted like he was.

GemCity

Reaction score
Loved them both while they were here. But, I’m only cheering for the Hawks.

I’m too grown to boo…

Throwdown

Reaction score
Bobby is free to do whatever he wants

Arguably the greatest hawk of all time, and he was released. I didn’t boo sherm when he was cut and signed with SF. The same will apply to Bobby.

Russ? Glad he’s gone, I waited two years for that. Will I boo? Yes cuz I simply just don’t like the guy.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
So you're reasoning as to why these two things being equal is Bobby chose to go to a team in our division?

Huh?

Do you think there were other factors involved in why he chose LA? Like closer to his home in Seattle, better playing situation and possibility at getting another ring?

Nah man, not the same. At All.
It is hypocritical. Its ok to admit. Bobby got cut and Russ got traded. Russ was butt hurt about trade rumors over Clev back in day. He was butt hurt over Josh Allen with JS. He wanted out after this. Just like Tom Brady. Brady did what Russ did.

Bobby got cut. So Bobby has that. However, if u think bobby did not pick LA to shove it to Seattle at all then your lying to yourself. It had to do with home and beating Seattle.

"Wagner would prefer the Rams to the Chargers so that he could square off against Seattle twice per season."

"Wagner could choose the Steelers, Rams, Ravens or Chargers in coming weeks."

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Bobby is free to do whatever he wants

Arguably the greatest hawk of all time, and he was released. I didn’t boo sherm when he was cut and signed with SF. The same will apply to Bobby.

Russ? Glad he’s gone, I waited two years for that. Will I boo? Yes cuz I simply just don’t like the guy.
Yep freedom of opinion is great.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It is hypocritical. Its ok to admit. Bobby got cut and Russ got traded. Russ was butt hurt about trade rumors over Clev back in day. He was butt hurt over Josh Allen with JS. He wanted out after this. Just like Tom Brady. Brady did what Russ did.

Bobby got cut. So Bobby has that. However, if u think bobby did not pick LA to shove it to Seattle at all then your lying to yourself. It had to do with home and beating Seattle.

"Wagner would prefer the Rams to the Chargers so that he could square off against Seattle twice per season."

"Wagner could choose the Steelers, Rams, Ravens or Chargers in coming weeks."

Even if this were true (it's not), then he got cut so doesn't he have a reason to be a little bitter?

Fans should hold that against him the same as a QB who was a phony, talked out both sides of his mouth all the while telling his agent to get him traded?

When everyone in this thread is kicking you in the nuts over your terrible take? Maybe it's time to take a breath and come up for air.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's not hypocritical to treat littering differently from premeditated murder, even though both are frowned upon. Kam and Lynch are my favorite LOB Seahawks even though Kam cost us a game due to the holdout and Lynch has a problem with DUIs. Luckily we can judge for ourselves the severity of each offense when deciding how we feel about players.

It's very clear that most fans feel very differently about how Russ and Bobby left. That's just fans exercising judgement.

Last edited: