If you could switch QBs with any other team, would you?

OP
OP
chihawk

chihawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1vaziz43 said:
I hope that this kind of poll asked, and taken by Seahawks fans, NEVER reaches Russell Wilson's eyes.
It's like a bunch of ingrates that can NEVER seem to be happy with the Success that he's brought to the Seahawks. :34853_doh:
I really do believe that there are some here that aren't happy with all the records that he's tied or broken in his two Years with the Seahawks.

With him getting sacked, hit, and hurried MORE THAT ANY OTHER QUARTERBACK because the O-Line has pretty much folded up way too often this last Season, is just astonishes me how some believe that some other Quarterback could just as easily come out the other side with the same outstanding results as RW.

I'm going to argue to Stay with what got us the Lombardi for the first time in Seahawks history.

I don't think RW would be too upset about this thread. The argument in this thread is basically if he is the the #1, #2, or at worst #3 QB in the league. I don't think he would have a problem with that.

I absolutely love having RW on our team. I was just going through the thought process of thinking about if there was anyone else in the league that I would rather have. The fact that it's such a tough choice or heated discussion is a compliment to RW.

Saying that RW is the best QB in the league for our team and the best extension of our coaching staff to our team on the field is a great reason for saying that you wouldn't want to switch him for anyone else. I don't like the argument of just saying "stay with what got us the Lombardi" because if that was the case, we could say we are happy with our whole oline and don't want to improve that either. You always want to look at what you can do to improve your team...even if you are the best team in the league. If you just rest on your past successes someone else will improve and all of a sudden your are way behind. Obviously, I'm not saying that I think the team should try to improve on their starting QB position....I think we are in a great position there for the foreseeable future.

JMR

Reaction score
BlueThunder":fjnj9jl7 said:
suppaball":fjnj9jl7 said:
A guy called Montana, Joe Montana.

Serious question. If Joe had wound up on the Buccaneers of that era, would anybody even know who Joe Montana was? He played on a pre-cap era, spare no expense Super-Team.
Actually, SF was TERRIBLE before they drafted Joe. The Bucs played in the NFCC in 1979.

Kakaww

Reaction score
Where is your loyalty!? Yikes. The guy is a saint, a workaholic preacher spreading the gospel of the Seahawks! While we sit on the toilet playing angry birds, he is at Children's Hospital. While we surf around checking 3 year old Bleacher Report articles disparaging our draft class, Russ is studying game film. He led us to the glory land, but even if he hadn't, I wouldn't trade him for Montana in his prime.

Ok, maybe for Montana.

evergreen

Reaction score
Sam Bradford... Can you imagine if the Rams had a first year Russell Wilson against Charlie Whitehurst in that 2010 game?

Come on dudes, really, we have the greatest young QB so far. OK, one 2nd year QB has more TDs (Dan Marino) but not more Lombardis! And RW's got the same in two years as HOFer Peyton Manning in is whole career. If you go back and look at the 2nd 49er game last you'll see RW get blindsided. That's exactly when he started looking pedestrian. Something happened then, an injury or something. I'm glad he worked ou of it. Before that hit he was just awesome in the game. His late season slump followed that vicious hit and just coincided with multiple top 5 defenses. Still, the Dude will be the best athlete to ever wear a Seattle uniform. Are you kidding me? 4th and 7!!! And people still think the Fail Mary was an interception or fluke.... Um.. how many one handed catches has Golden Tate made? And, who threw them? Oh, yeah. Believe your eyes. You've seen him roll out and you just know! One of the greatest plays he's ever made was against Az. on a critical 3rd down leading 17-14 he is sacked but not down so he hits Zack Miller. Incredible! The three times he hit Doug Baldwin on the side line scramble drill instead of getting sacked? Amazing! Listen to him miked up in the NFCCG when they pull Houscha and go for it on 4th & 7!!! How could anyone want somebody else???? Ok, given a time machine, maybe you could want the other awesome 3rd rounder from an original Seattle draft pick, but Too Late! We didn't take Tony Dorsett!!!! Back to the future!

randomation

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3sjre8vc said:
randomation":3sjre8vc said:
Luck is a lesser more mobile version of Manning he seems to fold in the playoffs certainly did this year. .

You must have missed the 2nd half against the Chiefs.

You seem to have missed the reason they were in that hole in the first place. You also seem to have missed that the 1 and 2 running backs were out which is the main reason kc lost they had alex smith for their O pretty much also lost a starting receiver.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If I were forced to I'd go with Cam Netwon, he is the most physically gifted QB in the league and seems to have finally gotten his head on straight. He might never be the passer Aaron Rodgers is but he is younger and can carry a team on his baack with his legs or arm. Imagine if he had a more reliable WR core.

chris98251

Reaction score
So bringing in these guys who would you cut since they are Vets and or first round picks before the new CBA?

You don't get the QB without the Salary.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Popeyejones":159zaas5 said:
Tokadub":159zaas5 said:
with one of the best Touchdown to interception rates

He rounded out the top 10 just in front of Kaepernick and Luck. He was behind Manning, Brees, Rivers, Romo, Smith, Bradford, McCown and Rodgers.

I didn't actually look up the stats until right now, I just knew that Wilson is around that 3:1 rate that it seems almost no QB's are able to maintain throughout an entire career. Out of all the guys I checked Tom Brady was the only one who was around 3:1 for his whole career, Wilson is so far on pace for that even in his first two seasons which is generally the seasons most these guys ruin their career ratios for life.

According to this link:

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats ... atio/2013/

Wilson was 9th in 2013 AHEAD of Aaron Rodgers, Brady, Luck, Kaepernick, RGIII, and Newton.

Wilson was also ranked 8th in 2012.

If Wilson can maintain this rate of around a 3:1 ratio of touchdowns to interceptions that is a very impressive rate for a career, almost none of the guys I looked up previously have done it except Brady was in that ballpark (can't remember exact ratio).

Tokadub

Reaction score
So here's the list for all time leaders for Touchdown to Interception rate:

http://www.footballdb.com/leaders/caree ... tdintratio

So it looks like Aaron Rodgers is the only one over 3, he is 3.62 which is just nutty good and I must of missed that last time I was looking around at different QB career stats.

#2 on the list is Tom Brady and he is WAY lower at 2.68.

You need to have 1500 pass attempts to be listed and right now Wilson is about half way there at 800. But if Wilson maintains his current rate he would overtake Tom Brady on that list at 2.74 touchdowns to interceptions.

However after what Nick Foles did so far he has a good chance to be #1 eventually but I think what he did in 2013 was kind of a fluke.

It just seems like Wilson really is around 2.8 for his career possibly higher, doing 2.74 in first two seasons and starting as a rookie is pretty crazy.

bigcc

Reaction score
Right now? Nobody (though luck would be the closest)..... question may be worth revisiting depending on what his 2nd contract turns out to be though.....

Are there better QB's I'd take over him? Obviously..... but take age and what he's making right now into account? Nobody even comes near his value the next two seasons.