If you could switch QBs with any other team, would you?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Tokadub":2pbw9mf5 said:
ZagHawk":2pbw9mf5 said:
i.e. If you're not willing to take Rodgers over Wilson, you're blind.

But salary cap aside, if we were to just keep the same exact team and trade QBs. Yeah, Luck, Rodgers, maybe even RG3 or Cam would be my picks. I think we still need a mobile QB threat to make the system work. Rodgers is obviously a better passer than RW, Luck I'm still on the fence because of his interceptions. The others have more POTENTIAL than RW and I think our coaching staff could make them greater than what RW is currently doing. That's my 2 cents. I love Russell Wilson, but the OP asked an honest question and I'm giving an honest answer.

No offense, I hate to call out my fellow Hawk Brethren but I really think you are downright bat#*&% crazy :)

Aaron Rodgers mobility is not even comparable to Russel's. If Rodgers was our QB you could tack on at least 10 more sacks allowed to our season total, probably more.

When you consider how many times Russell had to throw the ball out of bounds because our offensive line let guys run full steam at him untouched... his completion percentage is nutty good. Most other QB's would of tried to force the throws racking up interceptions, fumbles, and sacks.

Russell is THE best scrambling QB with one of the best Touchdown to interception rates/ and he really protects the ball yet we still allowed an atrocious amount of sacks on him.

Almost any other QB would have been entirely useless behind our O-line last season. Kiss the #1 NFC seed goodbye you would be lucky to make the playoffs in NFC West.

The ONLY QB out of your list that I consider to be not a joke is Rodgers because he's legit. I still don't think he has enough mobility to survive behind our O-line last year. I also think Russell is a very comparable passer and may prove to be superior given his amazing start on a run oriented team. When Russel's having a good day you might as well pack it up, dude does not miss.

Luck, RGIII, and Newton would have gotten destroyed. I'd pick Luck out of those 3 but Russell is clearly better.

So once again, not to call you out personally I'm open to read all opinions that's why I'm here. But I think choosing anyone other than maybe Rodgers from your list is 100% nuts. I would never take Rodgers over Wilson for our system.

I think Wilson will have a better career than Rodgers in the end, no comparison. He's sure off too a much better start as Rodgers sat on the bench for at least 2 seasons...

Again this is all just hypothetical, but my simple thought process is...with a proven Elite QB like Rodgers (yes, RW has proved himself these past two seasons, but there is never any doubt when people call Rodgers "elite"). Although our O-line is meh and causing RW to scramble so much where Rodgers would/may fail. At the same time this is my theory, Rodgers may actually get that ball out quick enough where it doesn't matter. Rodgers pass threat may be so much greater, that our run game is even better than it already is.

Heck even with the sacks...we sacked Rodgers 8 times in one half last season, and they still took that game to us (and in the minds of many people outside of the 12th Man, they beat us) with Rodger's arm.

As far as the other guys, the reason in my mind guys like Newton and RG3 are NOT as good as RW is because they lack his confidence, his work ethic, etc. But if you were to imagine Newton and RG3 had that same confidence and work ethic (with the help of JS and PC) would it be to say they have the POTENTIAL to be greater than what RW is currently doing?

I love RW, I wouldn't trade him realistically for any other QB. But this is just a hypothetical scenario, and this is meant to be fun not criticizing our current QB. So I truly hope I've not offended anyone. We just won a SB, how much better could it be right?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Tokadub":198ubnnt said:
with one of the best Touchdown to interception rates

He rounded out the top 10 just in front of Kaepernick and Luck. He was behind Manning, Brees, Rivers, Romo, Smith, Bradford, McCown and Rodgers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3kdwxked said:
i.e. If you're not willing to take Rodgers over Wilson, you're blind. Could you imagine the threat of an elite QB like Rodgers (who is also mobile) combined with our current running game. The Seahawks are already great, but they would be SCARY at this point. However, Rodgers cost way more money than Wilson, and therefore you have salary cap issues, which is why if you have a QB like Rodgers (Peyton, Brady) you can't have teams that surround them like this current Hawks team.

Age alone is a great reason to take Russell over Rodgers. Rodgers is 30, Wilson's only 25...........that's five more years of SB opportunities you're giving up if you take Rodgers. Five more chances in the NFL to win championships is a wealth of opportunity for good teams.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I watch the game because it's fun. I enjoy winning, but more than that, I love good football. RW provides both, and I have more fun watching him as our QB than anyone else in the league.

He turns sure sacks into unlikely escapes, then drops a bomb for 45-50 yards, on the money. The pocket breaks down, and he gets out, keeps his eyes down field, and I never know if he'll run it himself or find an open receiver.

For the fun factor alone, I'd stick with RW. But also for the win!

plyka

Reaction score
bandiger":3q978bma said:
Let me know of another QB that can survive with a shitty O-line over half a season and lead the team towards a superbowl. I'm surprised this question can still be asked after such a season.

A lot of the oline stuff is Wilson's fault. I think Wilson is a great QB, but you'd have to be blind not to say a guy like Rodgers isn't CURRENTLY a much better QB. The reason Wilson was sacked so many times this year is because he holds the ball so long. He holds the ball longer than any other QB in the NFL, so of course you're going to have a higher sack percentage. A QB like Manning gets sacked the least, not because his offensive line is so good, but because he is so quick to pull the trigger and get the ball out.

All that said, there isn't anyone I would trade Wilson for. Although Rodgers, Brees, Manning and Brady are currently better Qbs, they are older. Who knows how good Wilson will be next year or the year after. He will continue to get better as he ages, and he is already damn good.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Heck no. I'm not trading Wilson for any QB even if other QBs came back with draft picks.

Andrew Luck for Wilson? Crazy talk

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
plyka":17b6ipnk said:
bandiger":17b6ipnk said:
Let me know of another QB that can survive with a shitty O-line over half a season and lead the team towards a superbowl. I'm surprised this question can still be asked after such a season.

A lot of the oline stuff is Wilson's fault. I think Wilson is a great QB, but you'd have to be blind not to say a guy like Rodgers isn't CURRENTLY a much better QB. The reason Wilson was sacked so many times this year is because he holds the ball so long. He holds the ball longer than any other QB in the NFL, so of course you're going to have a higher sack percentage. A QB like Manning gets sacked the least, not because his offensive line is so good, but because he is so quick to pull the trigger and get the ball out.
Not true. It has nothing to do with sacks or holding onto the ball for too long.

ESPN Stats & Info":17b6ipnk said:
Russell Wilson has been under pressure on 40% of his dropbacks this season, the highest rate in the NFL.
https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/statu ... 0707670016

How is that his fault?

ctrcat

Reaction score
ZagHawk":kbv0e1mm said:
Tokadub":kbv0e1mm said:
ZagHawk":kbv0e1mm said:

But salary cap aside, if we were to just keep the same exact team and trade QBs. Yeah, Luck, Rodgers, maybe even RG3 or Cam would be my picks. I think we still need a mobile QB threat to make the system work. Rodgers is obviously a better passer than RW, Luck I'm still on the fence because of his interceptions. The others have more POTENTIAL than RW and I think our coaching staff could make them greater than what RW is currently doing. That's my 2 cents. I love Russell Wilson, but the OP asked an honest question and I'm giving an honest answer.

No offense, I hate to call out my fellow Hawk Brethren but I really think you are downright bat#*&% crazy :)

Aaron Rodgers mobility is not even comparable to Russel's. If Rodgers was our QB you could tack on at least 10 more sacks allowed to our season total, probably more.

When you consider how many times Russell had to throw the ball out of bounds because our offensive line let guys run full steam at him untouched... his completion percentage is nutty good. Most other QB's would of tried to force the throws racking up interceptions, fumbles, and sacks.

Russell is THE best scrambling QB with one of the best Touchdown to interception rates/ and he really protects the ball yet we still allowed an atrocious amount of sacks on him.

Almost any other QB would have been entirely useless behind our O-line last season. Kiss the #1 NFC seed goodbye you would be lucky to make the playoffs in NFC West.

The ONLY QB out of your list that I consider to be not a joke is Rodgers because he's legit. I still don't think he has enough mobility to survive behind our O-line last year. I also think Russell is a very comparable passer and may prove to be superior given his amazing start on a run oriented team. When Russel's having a good day you might as well pack it up, dude does not miss.

Luck, RGIII, and Newton would have gotten destroyed. I'd pick Luck out of those 3 but Russell is clearly better.

So once again, not to call you out personally I'm open to read all opinions that's why I'm here. But I think choosing anyone other than maybe Rodgers from your list is 100% nuts. I would never take Rodgers over Wilson for our system.

I think Wilson will have a better career than Rodgers in the end, no comparison. He's sure off too a much better start as Rodgers sat on the bench for at least 2 seasons...

Again this is all just hypothetical, but my simple thought process is...with a proven Elite QB like Rodgers (yes, RW has proved himself these past two seasons, but there is never any doubt when people call Rodgers "elite"). Although our O-line is meh and causing RW to scramble so much where Rodgers would/may fail. At the same time this is my theory, Rodgers may actually get that ball out quick enough where it doesn't matter. Rodgers pass threat may be so much greater, that our run game is even better than it already is.

Heck even with the sacks...we sacked Rodgers 8 times in one half last season, and they still took that game to us (and in the minds of many people outside of the 12th Man, they beat us) with Rodger's arm.

As far as the other guys, the reason in my mind guys like Newton and RG3 are NOT as good as RW is because they lack his confidence, his work ethic, etc. But if you were to imagine Newton and RG3 had that same confidence and work ethic (with the help of JS and PC) would it be to say they have the POTENTIAL to be greater than what RW is currently doing?

I love RW, I wouldn't trade him realistically for any other QB. But this is just a hypothetical scenario, and this is meant to be fun not criticizing our current QB. So I truly hope I've not offended anyone. We just won a SB, how much better could it be right?

RW is special, and being born and raised in an NC State family I likely have seen (and cheered) him in person and on TV for longer than most here. He is a champion and I would expect the responses in this thread and on this site accordingly and deservedly. But just curious why people think Cam doesn't have the confidence and work ethic? In the last 6 years of football he's had 5 different offensive coordinators. Auburn and the Panthers were off the grid when he took over the reigns and despite it all he's one of the most accomplished 24 year olds in sports history. He gets very little credit for his work ethic as a part of the formula. JMO.

jeremiah

Reaction score
The way to look at it is with the eyes of Pete. IMO, they are recruiting a team in the mode of college. The hopefully get 4-5 years of play out of the recruit, then move on. In college because of eligibility, in the pros because of limits on pay. I expect them to begin dumping players and salary within that period of time. There are a few that transcend the time limit, but very few. I expect Lynch to be gone by next year, many others too as it will be time to retool for another run. It is IMPOSSIBLE to go on a long term run of excellence unless the old players are pushed out at say age 28, and new ones brought in. In that vein, look for a QB to be brought in to truly compete with RW. If one gets close, Wilson is gone. I don't see them keeping him for more than 5-7 years. The cap hit cripples the team and after all, this is about the team, not about a set of players.

Anthony!

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2a95xw8q said:
Tokadub":2a95xw8q said:
ZagHawk":2a95xw8q said:

Except most of the time when RW scrambles either there is no time or no one open, A quick release does not help that. Add to that Rodgers has a much better Wr core than we do

Anthony!

Reaction score
plyka":3coyl848 said:
bandiger":3coyl848 said:

All that said, there isn't anyone I would trade Wilson for. Although Rodgers, Brees, Manning and Brady are currently better Qbs, they are older. Who knows how good Wilson will be next year or the year after. He will continue to get better as he ages, and he is already damn good.

Again just because he holds onto the ball long does not mean it is his fault, it helps when your Wr get open as well, it helps to have check downs. Hate to tell you even adjusted for Rw our o-line was the worse pass blocking o-line in the league. Remember Rodgers got hurt behind his o-lien which was much better than ours. As to the rest It is questionable as all those QB have way more talent around them on offense than RW, well maybe not Brady.

Anthony!

Reaction score
jeremiah":zf6echxy said:
The way to look at it is with the eyes of Pete. IMO, they are recruiting a team in the mode of college. The hopefully get 4-5 years of play out of the recruit, then move on. In college because of eligibility, in the pros because of limits on pay. I expect them to begin dumping players and salary within that period of time. There are a few that transcend the time limit, but very few. I expect Lynch to be gone by next year, many others too as it will be time to retool for another run. It is IMPOSSIBLE to go on a long term run of excellence unless the old players are pushed out at say age 28, and new ones brought in. In that vein, look for a QB to be brought in to truly compete with RW. If one gets close, Wilson is gone. I don't see them keeping him for more than 5-7 years. The cap hit cripples the team and after all, this is about the team, not about a set of players.

Yeah I see how that has worked in the NFL before, oh wait it hasn't. You have a franchise QB you keep him period, Rw has 10+ years left in him. SO whilen some ways what you says make sense there are certain positions and player you do not do that with, because the right player at that position doesnot come along everyday, and QB is one of them.

Tical21

Reaction score
Man, this is tough. I feel very confident we can win the Super Bowl next year with Russell. If we had Rodgers or Brady, I think there is very little chance we wouldn't win it. But do you want to get greedy? Do you want to be in the hunt every year for the next ten years? If so, your choices are Wilson or Luck. They're both going to be in the playoffs just about annually for the next ten years. I wouldn't trade Wilson for Luck at this point because of the chemistry we have going right now, but I wouldn't shed a tear either. We would still have a ridiculously bright future.

randomation

Reaction score
Tical21":14wbjdw7 said:
Man, this is tough. I feel very confident we can win the Super Bowl next year with Russell. If we had Rodgers or Brady, I think there is very little chance we wouldn't win it. But do you want to get greedy? Do you want to be in the hunt every year for the next ten years? If so, your choices are Wilson or Luck. They're both going to be in the playoffs just about annually for the next ten years. I wouldn't trade Wilson for Luck at this point because of the chemistry we have going right now, but I wouldn't shed a tear either. We would still have a ridiculously bright future.

Luck is a lesser more mobile version of Manning he seems to fold in the playoffs certainly did this year. Its the manning v brady argument I would rather have the guy who will win then the guy who puts up stats. Hell Russ has better career rating then brady does in all but 3 years he didn't even crack 100 until 2007 his 8th year in the league, Russ is better then Luck period.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
randomation":1gw7vlph said:
Luck is a lesser more mobile version of Manning he seems to fold in the playoffs certainly did this year. .

You must have missed the 2nd half against the Chiefs.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The 40% pressure stat includes times when RW holds it for 4 seconds and scrambles for 2 more, being chased around the backfield, not just when the line steps aside and gives the DEs direct and immediate (less than 1.5 second) access to our signal-caller. This is more than just our O-line; it's a product of scheme (protect the ball, play-calling), WRs not getting quick separation, RW's consideration of the play, our tough schedule defensively, and of course also includes the O-line. It might even include some of RW's jitters from getting pancaked too often.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
This question is bad and you should feel bad.

I'll take our Superbowl champion QB over any other shcmuck.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":u0kzumhd said:
randomation":u0kzumhd said:
Luck is a lesser more mobile version of Manning he seems to fold in the playoffs certainly did this year. .

You must have missed the 2nd half against the Chiefs.
Luck threw 7 picks in the playoffs...and he only played in 2 games

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'd trade with the 2016 Seahawks (you didn't stipulate that we can't go forward or backward in time).

Kid's going to be GOOD in a couple of years.

Latest posts