If you had to pick a new team, who would it be?

keith da hawk

Reaction score
Patriots
Yeah I know, evil empire and all that, but I have my reasons. Boston teams are always my #2 team when it comes to pro sports and the Patriots obviously fit that mold. Also being a WSU fan I felt an attachment early on because of Drew Bledsoe. After them I'd say Ravens and whoever is playing against San Francisco.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawks or nothing! I am not a fan of the NFL, I am a fan of the Seattle Seahawks that just happen to play in the NFL. I am loyal to the bone, and have been a Hawks fan since day one. This team represents the city I was born in, grew up in, live in (or close enough) so there is a bond there.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Just wanted you all to know that my stepson has defied his dad to become a Seahawk. He is getting a real interest in the game asking some really great questions that show he's getting it. Gonna get him some Hawks stuff for his upcoming birthday.

He's following the players on FB and Twitter. Apparently the Raiders and the Jags just aren't good enough, he wants to support winners.

rigelian

Reaction score
I'd be a Ravens fan. I've always liked that team and there is no way I'd go back to my Pre-Seahawks team. The 49ers. If you asked me what teams I'd like to win a Super bowl, if it had to be a team other than the Hawks, it would be:

Minnesota, Cleveland, Buffalo, San Diego, Jacksonville, Carolina. Mostly because those teams haven't won one, and those teams don't offend me.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3cazwlwx said:
Just wanted you all to know that my stepson has defied his dad to become a Seahawk. He is getting a real interest in the game asking some really great questions that show he's getting it. Gonna get him some Hawks stuff for his upcoming birthday.

He's following the players on FB and Twitter. Apparently the Raiders and the Jags just aren't good enough, he wants to support winners.
I'm glad he picked the Hawks. Not because I want him to be a Hawks fan, but because he should pick who ever he likes, not having anything to do with what his father thinks.

At the NFC Championship, I met a father and son in town from Toronto.
He just started getting into Football (I'd guess he was 10?)
Anyway, he picked the Hawks. His dad flew him all the way to Seattle for his FIRST NFL game, the NFC championship for his birthday.
I love that winning the Super Bowl will add a whole new generation of Hawks fans, and many don't even live in Seattle.
Kinda like Niner fans that didn't grow up in SF, they just picked a winner when the got into football.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Tell him don't worry about liking a different team than his dad. Neither one of my kids roots for the Seahawks, one is a Bears fan and the other is a Packers fan and it doesn't take away from the enjoyment of watching games together.

Kakaww

Reaction score
Probably the Panthers. Really like the style of play and the fan base is cool. Don't like the flair Newton exhibits (Superman, pouting on the sidelines) but he is fun to watch. Also on TV often enough.

Beyond that, I cheer on the Bills and Browns pretty much every year hoping they will get good. Hard to follow though as nobody talks about them and they aren't on tv around here.

I suppose the Colts would work as well. I like Luck ok enough and the fans are decent. The rest of the team is just meh IMO.

getnasty

Reaction score
Like the Sonics if the Seahawks were no more I wouldn't be a fan of anyone. If I had a gun to my head and had to chose a team it would be the Lions.

drcool

Reaction score
Living in Jacksonville now I would probably have to pick the Jags. I always kinda liked them back in the Fred Taylor, Jimmy Smith, John Henderson days. The Ravens would be my other choice but the Dolphins would get some consideration as well.

garrylt4

Reaction score
Well back in the day I picked the Seahawks because they had never been to the Superbowl.
Would probably be one of these.

Browns- Their fans are so loyal, the whole moving to Baltimore and still kept the franchise was cool. Plus I live in WV so they are kinda close.

Chargers - I like the owner

Panthers- I vacation in and plan to retire in the Carolinas.

And as always my second favorite team is always whoever plays the Stealers.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
While I made my point about the Giants, I would actually be somewhat enticed by the Patriots. Yeah, they have won a lot of ball games and a few Super Bowls, but they are fun to watch for the most part and truly have a chance to win every game they play in.

Then there is the Ravens... It took a while, but they kind of grew on me after the whole Cleveland debacle calmed down. I actually LIKED that old Cleveland team, especially in the 80's, then to see them go through their transition with the move, it was like I was witnessing the Browns make it to the top. Once Cleveland had their team replaced, it was easier to appreciate the Ravens.

So, it is

Giants
Pats
Ravens.

rsm650

Reaction score
1) Raiders because I was born in Oakland

2) Steelers because I live in Pittsburgh

Okay, maybe I should stick with my Seahawks...

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
I was an AFL guy growing up in the East Bay Area. Raiders. But knowing the AFL's history, I might say Kansas City because of Lamar Hunt. Huge respect for that guy. Al Davis gets big ups for promoting the AFL also...you know, before he went full retard...
Picked up on the Seahawks in '76 because I'm a Washington native.
Seems moot now. He went with a winner...

GO HAWKS...