if you haven't done this yet, you should try it

Meeker

Reaction score
Perfundle":2w29tsdm said:
Hawknballs":2w29tsdm said:
when I'm bored at home or work with some time to kill i just pick a team, and their active message boards, and read their Superbowl XLVIII game thread. It's like reliving the game from a different perspective every time.
I've already done that and much more. I've read every team's message boards and blogs through the 10th page of Google search, as well as checked the forums and blogs of major college football teams, other professional sports teams (e.g. Sonics and Nuggets), other general sports boards, sports betting boards, and most time-consuming of all, the tens of thousands of comments on each of the four quarter-threads on reddit. The thread that was the most positive towards Seattle was on a relatively obscure Patriots site, here.

From the actual SB thread from that forum came this prediction:

People will try to make this story of Peyton's magical season, but the real story of this season was the emergence of the NFC West was far and away the best division in football. The worst team in the Seahawks' division went 6-4 outside the NFC West and destroyed two playoff teams in the second part of the season. Unless the Seahawks get a worse whistle than they got the last time they made the Super Bowl, they are going to shatter the Broncos. Even if both teams play as well as they're capable of playing, I still see this having the makings of one of those 80's era NFC blowouts in which the high-scoring AFC team can't handle the physicality of the NFC power. This game is going to be a "Remember the 80's" flashback for John Elway, with Peyton "starring" in a role he once made famous--the overmatched QB of a team being dismantled by a superior opponent. I hope the Broncos all bring thick coats and thicker skins because it is going to be a long, cold four plus hours for them on Super Bowl Sunday.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Meeker":1dyvyb08 said:
Perfundle":1dyvyb08 said:
Hawknballs":1dyvyb08 said:
when I'm bored at home or work with some time to kill i just pick a team, and their active message boards, and read their Superbowl XLVIII game thread. It's like reliving the game from a different perspective every time.
I've already done that and much more. I've read every team's message boards and blogs through the 10th page of Google search, as well as checked the forums and blogs of major college football teams, other professional sports teams (e.g. Sonics and Nuggets), other general sports boards, sports betting boards, and most time-consuming of all, the tens of thousands of comments on each of the four quarter-threads on reddit. The thread that was the most positive towards Seattle was on a relatively obscure Patriots site, here.

From the actual SB thread from that forum came this prediction:

People will try to make this story of Peyton's magical season, but the real story of this season was the emergence of the NFC West was far and away the best division in football. The worst team in the Seahawks' division went 6-4 outside the NFC West and destroyed two playoff teams in the second part of the season. Unless the Seahawks get a worse whistle than they got the last time they made the Super Bowl, they are going to shatter the Broncos. Even if both teams play as well as they're capable of playing, I still see this having the makings of one of those 80's era NFC blowouts in which the high-scoring AFC team can't handle the physicality of the NFC power. This game is going to be a "Remember the 80's" flashback for John Elway, with Peyton "starring" in a role he once made famous--the overmatched QB of a team being dismantled by a superior opponent. I hope the Broncos all bring thick coats and thicker skins because it is going to be a long, cold four plus hours for them on Super Bowl Sunday.
Whomever wrote that nailed it. The guy actually did a little research! Great find!

chris98251

Reaction score
I enjoyed the crow and the comments after the game, but I have put it the go back to file in a few years, comments a few weeks after become clouded with excuses and teams fans trying to pump their own teams up, this if fine it is what we did, we had to have hope and the belief that we could do it as well.

Now it's a new season and I see the disrespect card being played again all over again about were not focused and won't make the playoffs etc.

I love it, this team eats this stuff up and it motivates them all the more, can't wait for the comments from Angry Doug, Sherman and the rest throwing it back at them again.

Our lucky season with mediocre players over achieving and dismantled defense that has been figured out now should be good material to look back on again.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":37zrx6lm said:
I enjoyed the crow and the comments after the game, but I have put it the go back to file in a few years, comments a few weeks after become clouded with excuses and teams fans trying to pump their own teams up, this if fine it is what we did, we had to have hope and the belief that we could do it as well.

Now it's a new season and I see the disrespect card being played again all over again about were not focused and won't make the playoffs etc.

I love it, this team eats this stuff up and it motivates them all the more, can't wait for the comments from Angry Doug, Sherman and the rest throwing it back at them again.

Our lucky season with mediocre players over achieving and dismantled defense that has been figured out now should be good material to look back on again.
Yep, let's hope the media doesn't figure that out, most are pretty slow so we should be good for a few years. 8)

idahohawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2jpo68at said:
The official Broncos forum one is textual gold. Here's a link to the page the game starts on: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... cos/page34

Seriously, it's an orgasmic read. :snack:

I am totally doing this right now. Great idea, except I'm playing the game on the DVR and keeping it synced with the Bronco board. It's amazing. Although after the Harvin TD to start the 2nd half they are all whining so badly it is tough to keep the game synced with the messages! lol Like around page 109, but I finally got back on track when Sherman got dinged up the first time... This is fantastic.

Seafan

Reaction score
Read through both of these forums. It's hilarious reading. First the denial but in the end they all want to have a defense like the Hawks. Legion of Boom earned a lot of respect on 2/2/2014.

LolaRox

Reaction score
idahohawk":1zowvtkb said:
RolandDeschain":1zowvtkb said:
The official Broncos forum one is textual gold. Here's a link to the page the game starts on: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... cos/page34

Seriously, it's an orgasmic read. :snack:

I am totally doing this right now. Great idea, except I'm playing the game on the DVR and keeping it synced with the Bronco board. It's amazing. Although after the Harvin TD to start the 2nd half they are all whining so badly it is tough to keep the game synced with the messages! lol Like around page 109, but I finally got back on track when Sherman got dinged up the first time... This is fantastic.

I did the same thing and the range of emotions in that 24 hours is definitely amazing (I started at page 1 of Bronco thread).

It at least put a new/different spin on the game for the 100th time I've watch it. :)

Great suggestion OP. When I get time, I'll read through some of the others.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I am shocked that so many of the Bronco's fans were conceding defeat as early as 8 to 0 after all the smack they talked about the most prolific offense in NFL history. Loved reading it.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
I'm going to have to find a 9ers and Ravins one.

Meeker

Reaction score
lsheldon":1evxr74w said:
I am shocked that so many of the Bronco's fans were conceding defeat as early as 8 to 0 after all the smack they talked about the most prolific offense in NFL history. Loved reading it.

They're as mentally weak as their team.

chris98251

Reaction score
Those that have been in the game day forum know of what I speak, this isn't uncommon in many fan bases, they say they quit watching but eventually come back with how terrible or how they just had to peek and seen the comeback.

Beat downs like that hurt, but it's almost hypnotic in a way, the disbelief, the hope of something happening to turn the tide, the Hey we have Peyton Manning mentality and it isn't suppose to happen to us.

They watched trust me. It was the Super Bowl.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Pstark3":v5egy9um said:
"Couldn't agree more. The team just looked scared from the beginning. I can't wait until 10 years from now when it comes out that the whole Seattle team was hopped up on PEDs, and then they have to forfeit their championship. Mark my words. It will happen. Carroll is dirty, dirty, dirty. And I'm a USC fan... the program is a lot more classy and less shady after he left. Just wait. The same thing will happen to Seattle. Carroll cheats, cheats, cheats. That defensive to addicted to adderall big time."

welp
Yeah, I saw that one. I call BS. That post smacks of beat up 'Ruin or Domer who's bitter about all the losses to CPC-coached Trojans teams.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2yewaksf said:
That "Redlobster" guy was hilarious, just calling for penalties against the Seahawks all game long. :lol:

He was my favorite, so angry!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I will never, ever, understand how that horrible spot on 3rd down wasn't overturned on our first possession. That's the only thing that irritates me about that game.