If you're the Dallas Clownboys, how do you stick with Dak?

flv2

Reaction score
The Cowboys could trade Prescott if there was an offer they couldn't refuse. Prescott is a top 12 QB and he's due $31M in 2023. If they traded him the new team would be responsible for the $31M salary in 2023 whilst the Cowboys would be responsible for the acceleration of $39.94M in cap charges in 2023 for money previously paid to Prescott, (currently due to be accounted for in future years). An $8.94M loss in 2023 cap space wouldn't cripple them. Finding a top 12 QB replacement and starting over would be more challenging. I like Prescott, but like many QBs he has some weaknesses and flaws.

flv2

Reaction score
Darn right it’s not going to happen going into 2023 the Cowboys are already $5 million over the cap with only 49 players under contract. Factoring $10 million to sign the draft choices they will have to clear $15 million to get to the cap limit
DeMarcus Lawrence has a base salary of $15M, Zack Martin has a base salary of $13.5M, and Tyron Smith has a base salary of $13.5M. Simply restructuring those salaries to signing bonuses creates up to $30M in potential cap space, (although $15M would be more realistic). That's before Elliot's $10.9M base or Gallups' $11M base are considered. The Cowboys aren't in cap trouble. If they wanted to make a move they could. It just doesn't seem likely.

RedAlice

Reaction score
you are not a new poster from 2022.

who are you?

tell me.

don't be the conspiracy dude.

we have both been posting for a couple decades. You either know me or want to show me that you are right.

If you don't tell me, I will do what I did in 2009. remember that?

Last edited:

flv2

Reaction score
you are not a new poster from 2022.

who are you?

tell me.

don't be the conspiracy dude.

we have both been posting for a couple decades. You either know me or want to show me that you are right.

If you don't tell me, I will do what I did in 2009. remember that?
I'll answer that via PM.