Illinois State DE/LB David Perkins...the next Bruce Irvin???

titan3131

Reaction score
delagator7":qmqg3goh said:
Looks good, let's see him in camp 1st. I wonder how Frank Clark will look at SAM LB. Do you think he has enough speed and coverage skills to take it from Mike Morgan as a 3 down back? I haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement to see if he is a complete LB, not just an extra edge rusher.

Frank Clark isn't a linebacker.
The draft just happened
Were not getting an arena

Any other current events you need to know because you live ignorant to the important Seahawks roster moves or nonmoves?

xgeoff

Reaction score
titan3131":38fhp92o said:
Frank Clark isn't a linebacker.

Bruce Irvin wasn't a linebacker either, until he was...

titan3131

Reaction score
I don't want to fight.

Your wrong. He is a Leo per JS PC and Clark himself on Twitter denied being a linebacker adamantly.

delagator7

Reaction score
I guess he is a defensive lineman, rushing the passer standing up (not hands on the dirt) from the position of where a Strong Side Linebacker is lined up, wearing a linebacker's number #57
You wouldn't lose 20 pounds unless the coaching staff and strength and conditioning team expect you to have more speed to cover TE's.

You can also call him a potato, but he is a linebacker.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
From what I heard on a podcast / radio from JS today was that the guys competing for SAM is:

M. Morgan
C. Marsh
E. Pinkins

along with udfa's C. French and M. Overton.

titan3131

Reaction score
Deregulator please go learn what the Leo position is, the stats of the players that have held that position on our team and then get back to us.

Bruce was demoted to lb because he only had speed. Bruce failed to ever develop pass rush moves. Hence his moving to covering tight ends and setting the run game.

A Leo might drop into coverage on exotic blitzes or the odd play but most of the time he is rushing the passer.

titan3131

Reaction score
delagator7":245ogy2a said:
I guess he is a defensive lineman, rushing the passer standing up (not hands on the dirt) from the position of where a Strong Side Linebacker is lined up, wearing a linebacker's number #57
You wouldn't lose 20 pounds unless the coaching staff and strength and conditioning team expect you to have more speed to cover TE's.

You can also call him a potato, but he is a linebacker.

He is quoted saying He lost weight because he felt better lighter and the weight was the cause of his hamstring issues last year.

Some frames can't hold that bulk and remain intact under that kind of explosion.

His development was stunted due to the injury in camp and during the season. It is imperative he takes over the Leo role and become the monster he is capable of being.

delagator7

Reaction score
You convinced me, Frank is a Leo- The Right Defensive End, the side without the TE.

How long do we have Cliff Avril? For this year 2016, Frank is the main rotation guy behind Avril or Bennett when he is inside DT on third downs.

BTW We are all Seahawks fans here, why so hostile? Giving some love back, friend.