I'm a Seahawks snob now.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Not totally sure...but I do know this is out...unless you wear the socks and cuff links.

Attachments

• greentux.jpg
    greentux.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,979

chris98251

Reaction score
I expected to be in the playoffs, had concerns whether we would win our division with the competition, but that worked out. It's almost like I knew we would be here so excitement was quelled by expectations. Now it gets intriguing and anticipation is getting me keyed up for the rest of the games.

Never thought I would be in that position, sure each game is fun to watch and I love the game, but how perception changes is the interesting aspect I guess.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Aros you've waited 38 yrs to even sniff being a snob..We have gone through enough pain with this team all those years..

capncrunch

Reaction score
Yeah. Last year my bro-in-law happened to be working in NYC during S Bowl week and bought a Seattle Seahawks superbowl XLVIII NY NJ tee shirt as a gift for me. They had a Broncos version of it as well. Neither shirt of course indicates who won the game. I had a little fun wearing the shirt and asking people the question how it was lacking. I then went out and got a super bowl champs hat about a week later. To me buying the shirt was like a vote of no confidence, but that's what they had while he was in town. I explained my view to my wife but told her to pass along to him that I thought the shirt was awesome and thank you. It was more or less a 50th birthday present for me anyway.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":198nbs63 said:
Not totally sure...but I do know this is out...unless you wear the socks and cuff links.

Some people say lime/action green gear is snobbish. I say...
Giphy

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Aros":20rlgbl1 said:
Someone asked me the other day when I was going to get the 2014 NFC West Champions hat and it dawned on me that I wasn't even planning on it. Why? Because why own a division champ hat when I can have the conference and SB champ hat?

Wow. How far this bald head has come over the years.

Presumptuous much? This is what a Super Bowl Championship does to me, especially now that we looked poised to repeat. In years past I would jump all over any division champ gear because that usually was the pinnacle of our achievements, and even those were fairly rare.

I've even had people make comments when I'm wearing my NFC Champions hat. "Conference champions? You know they won the Super Bowl?" LOL. Yeah, I know.

I truly never thought I would see the day I was snobby about which championship Seahawks gear I decide to purchase. It's nice to have choices!

Anyone else?

I felt that way after the Seahawks made it to the Super Bowl in 2005. Last season after all this NFC Championship gear began coming out, I said to myself -- sorry, but nothing short of "Seahawks: Super Bowl Champions" gear is going to satisfy.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2fb6izbh said:
I'm the same way, but for a different reason. I don't even look at the division or conference championships as an accomplishment worth owning clothes over. Only the Super Bowl champions gear for me. I don't own any conference champions gear, and that includes the 2005 season.

I'm the exact same way, especially with a conference championship that doesn't lead to a Super Bowl. (My son has a Conference Championship hoodie because it was 5 bucks.) It's like saying, "Hey, first loser here, guys!"

JesterHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ltex2ql said:
I'm waiting for the same reason, but I'd never say that aloud to anyone; I'm "innocently waiting", you might say, since the division champ stuff will be available regardless.
Why wouldn't you say it out loud? Superstitious?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
JesterHawk":2tx8eiw1 said:
RolandDeschain":2tx8eiw1 said:
I'm waiting for the same reason, but I'd never say that aloud to anyone; I'm "innocently waiting", you might say, since the division champ stuff will be available regardless.
Why wouldn't you say it out loud? Superstitious?
Ha, good one. I wouldn't say it aloud because it's misleading to say aloud based on the actual reasons I feel that way; in other words, if I say what Todd said, people will assume I'm expecting to win the Super Bowl this year like it's a foregone conclusion. If I'm going to say it aloud, I need to give it the caveat of "I'm waiting in case we do happen to win the Super Bowl." Get what I mean?

Also, yes, your question was just rhetorical trolling and I get that; but despite Sarlacc's massive increase in Roethlisbergering all over the forum in recent months, I figured you might still want a little from me.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Yeah no NFC West Champs gear for me as well. After you win a Super Bowl expectations are much higher. Shouldn't settle for anything less.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
RockHawk":3fpu6hxs said:
Presumptuous yes. Snob? Yes, but not because of this. You're just a d-bag snob normally Todd.

I agree. He's been that way since the 'Big Hair' days. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
RockHawk":2lhfmjj1 said:
Presumptuous yes. Snob? Yes, but not because of this. You're just a d-bag snob normally Todd.

Who are you again and how did you get in here?

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I have a ton of hats but don't wear hats a lot. Back in 2005 after we won the NFC championship, I opted to not buy the hat and said I would not buy another Hawks hat until we won the SuperBowl thinking of course it would be a short wait. So relieved to finally get to buy another Hawks hat last year. I plan to employ the same strategy now...so here I sit w/ my credit card in hand; c'mon Hawks do me proud and don't make me wait again.

Go Hawks!!!

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Aros":1c2glqe9 said:
Someone asked me the other day when I was going to get the 2014 NFC West Champions hat and it dawned on me that I wasn't even planning on it. Why? Because why own a division champ hat when I can have the conference and SB champ hat?

Wow. How far this bald head has come over the years.

Presumptuous much? This is what a Super Bowl Championship does to me, especially now that we looked poised to repeat. In years past I would jump all over any division champ gear because that usually was the pinnacle of our achievements, and even those were fairly rare.

I've even had people make comments when I'm wearing my NFC Champions hat. "Conference champions? You know they won the Super Bowl?" LOL. Yeah, I know.

I truly never thought I would see the day I was snobby about which championship Seahawks gear I decide to purchase. It's nice to have choices!

Anyone else?

I agree I only have super bowl champions hat, t shirts and a banner, I am with you .

kjreid

Reaction score
Not me, since I live out of the area I give my tickets to my brother and in order for him to have the playoo tickets he must send me a west champ hat and long sleeve tee, and he wil have to get me a divisional hat and tee and when we go to the super bowl he will have to get me the same if he want my other ticket. (Shrewd dealer) 8)

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
I just spent a truck ton of money on Seattle Super Bowl 48 gear, and I do have some in the NFC champions gear, but I feel the same as you. I think I'm going to save my money pass on NFC championship here and hold out for more Super Bowl wearables

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1658oyjw said:
Seanhawk":1658oyjw said:
I'm the same way, but for a different reason. I don't even look at the division or conference championships as an accomplishment worth owning clothes over. Only the Super Bowl champions gear for me. I don't own any conference champions gear, and that includes the 2005 season.

I'm the exact same way, especially with a conference championship that doesn't lead to a Super Bowl. (My son has a Conference Championship hoodie because it was 5 bucks.) It's like saying, "Hey, first loser here, guys!"

I have conference Championship 'stuph' from 2005. Had to get something to remember the FIRST conference championship after following the team for like 29 years at that point.

Hard to appreciate the history if you haven't suffered through it. I have no further desire to collect NFCC gear because the milestone has passed. It's no longer our crowning achievement. :0190l: :179422:

homerun1970

Reaction score
I have a Joe J Super bowl XL jersey that was given to me by a fellow 12 . I own gear from division conference and Super bowl Championship. This year I haven't purchased yet but if do wont be large purchases.