I'm a Seahawks snob now.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I've been that way since XL.

Once you been to a Super Bowl, a divisional championship just doesn't seem like all that much. That and we've done it so much over the last 10 years.

I will rock NFC championship stuff though. That's special every year.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I will still rock some NFC Conference Champ gear because as you say, that's still a special achievement. There's always 30 NFL teams every year that would sell their Soul to win their conference to make it to the Super Bowl for a chance to win it all. I don't take that lightly.

Riley12

Reaction score
My kids both like to keep up their collections of hats of every type of title, so I usually get them one each time. I'll start taking the advice in this thread though and wait until well after the games to make a purchase.

I think stores are thinking the same way as a lot of people here - this team is poised to go a long way and
most stuff will be sold when that journey reaches its end, and not at each of the mileposts.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aros":2ptf612a said:
Someone asked me the other day when I was going to get the 2014 NFC West Champions hat and it dawned on me that I wasn't even planning on it. Why? Because why own a division champ hat when I can have the conference and SB champ hat?

Wow. How far this bald head has come over the years.

Presumptuous much? This is what a Super Bowl Championship does to me, especially now that we looked poised to repeat. In years past I would jump all over any division champ gear because that usually was the pinnacle of our achievements, and even those were fairly rare.

I've even had people make comments when I'm wearing my NFC Champions hat. "Conference champions? You know they won the Super Bowl?" LOL. Yeah, I know.

I truly never thought I would see the day I was snobby about which championship Seahawks gear I decide to purchase. It's nice to have choices!

Anyone else?

Yeah a decade and change ago the division champs gear was fresh and fun.. now you just kind of scoff at the notion of paying the same price for that as you would a Super Bowl hat.

So basically I can wait the 3 weeks :th2thumbs:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":7mb6yqsr said:
Sarlacc83":7mb6yqsr said:
Seanhawk":7mb6yqsr said:
I'm the same way, but for a different reason. I don't even look at the division or conference championships as an accomplishment worth owning clothes over. Only the Super Bowl champions gear for me. I don't own any conference champions gear, and that includes the 2005 season.

I'm the exact same way, especially with a conference championship that doesn't lead to a Super Bowl. (My son has a Conference Championship hoodie because it was 5 bucks.) It's like saying, "Hey, first loser here, guys!"

I have conference Championship 'stuph' from 2005. Had to get something to remember the FIRST conference championship after following the team for like 29 years at that point.

Hard to appreciate the history if you haven't suffered through it. I have no further desire to collect NFCC gear because the milestone has passed. It's no longer our crowning achievement. :0190l: :179422:

I can respect all that, but the 2005 one is a definite no go because of how it ended. I could only see a yellow hankie every time I wore those clothes, first conference championship or otherwise. Just like how I highly doubt you will see 2013 AFC Champions shirts on Broncos fans.

Heyseed

Reaction score
Aros":3qdzss0y said:
200020558-001-mature-man-wearing-smoking-jacket-gettyimages.jpg

I'll be yachting this weekend.

Seafan

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with an NFC West Champion hat if you can get it for $5.00. When you can wear it around SF and AZ fans it makes it even better,

Mick063

Reaction score
I wear my 2005 NFC champion sweatshirt all of the time just because.

I received my Sherman jersey from NFL shop two days before his infamous rant about a certain mediocre receiver. In fact, I was wearing it at the time he did it. But to no avail, there are people I know that think I bought the jersey after and because of it. Bronco fans that live in the state of Washington, telling me how great Manning was for the entire duration of the season. You might say the Super Bowl was rather special for me.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2uk3wzbm said:
I'm the same way, but for a different reason. I don't even look at the division or conference championships as an accomplishment worth owning clothes over. Only the Super Bowl champions gear for me. I don't own any conference champions gear, and that includes the 2005 season.

Same here. I think it's just too sad to wear an item of clothing that essentially states, "Well, we were better than 3 other teams, at least" or "First runner-up."

I live in Denver and I absolutely LOVE seeing folks here wearing "AFC Champion" shirts and hats. I laugh every time.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I love my 2010 NFC West Champions shirt and I wear it with substantial giddiness.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3pm85k5w said:
I love my 2010 NFC West Champions shirt and I wear it with substantial giddiness.

You know what? With my stance on this, even I can get on board with this.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I coughed up dough for a conf champ hat & t last year only out of sheer impatience for something with Seahawks and XLVIII on it.
This year, more frugal with my Seahawk dough, besides for Christmas i already got a new coat, shirt (nice retro one) and cellphone case. Holdin' out for the big prize! XLIX hat & t

I don't consider winning a division worthy of a purchase.