I'm dreading this game vs the Rams

D

DomeHawk

I am actually pretty confident about this game. Goff has been pretty inconsistent of late with a healthy thumb. It just depends on how much ligament injury happened but it hard to imagine him being healed enough in that time.

I also like our chances in round 2 against the probable NO opponent. It will be in a nice dry covered stadium on artificial turf. I think this favors our speed, especially at the WR position.

After that? GB has me VERY nervous.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I was kinda dreading it before, and posted that in another thread.

If Adams is playing, I'm not 'worried'. If he's out - I would be a bit. Sounds like he's gonna play.

It's DIVISIONAL. The Cards, Rams and 9ers ALWAYS play lights out ball against us. It's what they do. It's like their superbowl EVERY game. But, with a backup QB, and Adams first playoff game? Not as worried. Donald can post all the bulletin board material he wants - he's only one guy.

I'd be more worried about a hot-dog-neck Ariens Cardinals team from a couple years ago than I am against the Rams. I'll take smash-mouth vs. trick misdirected punt plays any day of the week.

Honestly my end take: Adams in - we win. Adams out - we got some problems.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People were dreading the last one. Meh. On to Saturday. Should be a great battle.
Hawks are the better team and will prove it AGAIN.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Jerhawk":frind689 said:
First off, congratulations to the Seahawks on a 12-4 regular season. That record is nothing to scoff at, and is something to be proud of. NFC West divisions champions also has a sweet taste to it.

Now, after today's come from behind victory against the 49ers, I was hoping to be even more jacked. Except, I'm not.

Because we have to play the Los Angeles Rams AGAIN. This team has been a proverbial thorn in our side for as long as Pete's been here it feels like. They're like a turd that won't flush.

Going back in time now to 2004, where we played them in the wild card round. Remember this one? Hasselbeck threw a gut wrenching incompletion to Engram in the endzone at the end of the game, completing a 3 game sweep of us that season.

Fast forward to now, where we had a hard fought game against them last week to finally take them out and win the division. And when the dust settles from our party, who's standing in front of us, but the same pesky Rams! They just won't leave us alone!

I have a bad feeling about this one. I felt ultra confident about last week's game, but now it feels like we've exhausted all our good plays, showed our hand, and we're left facing them with nothing but our wits and integrity. It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight against these guys.

The video below is a perfect representstion of how I'm feeling about this matchup, with Kylo Ren representing the Seahawks (and how I looked after beating them last week/how I looked seeing we're playing them again) and Luke Skywalker representing the Rams.

Is anyone else dreading this upcoming game? Or does Jerhawk need to buckle up and prepare for victory? What's your level of confidence heading into Saturday's playoff battle?

[youtube]TyojTJdpyTA[/youtube]

Dont trip. I have a sneaky suspicion we will see the seahawks we have hoped for all season now that is playoff time.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
All I can say is hey Aaron, be careful what you wish for! The Seahawks team that beat the Rams to secure the division was healthier and better than the Seahawks team that lost to them earlier in the year. Going into this game, the health gap and play seems to have widened even more in the Seahawks favor. The status of Adams will play a big part in this gap.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
If playing the Rams with an injured Goff or backup QB with one game experience has you worried, what are you going to be thinking when we have to face Brees then Rodgers then Mahomes.

This is by far the easiest leg of the journey. If we don't get passed it then we weren't getting that Ring anyway.

Odds are strongly stacked against us and most likely we will all be crying in our beer before February. Just ride with it. It's all bonus from here as 18 other teams fans are screaming for their coaches to be fired.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Rams? They aren't a thorn in our side.. That 2004 team you are thinking of? The Hawks laid a 10 game winning streak on them after that, then they at least split most of the games going forward. Those teams had to pull rotweilers out of their assets to get victories by fake punts and 4th down and short attempts in their own territory (A trademark of Martz that transferred to McRib) So what? The Rams won both games in 2018, it was by a total of like 6-7 points and the matchups have been competetive since.

Forget the Rams... Sure, Aaron Donald is good but Russell Wilson has won a Super Bowl and was 1 yard from a second. The Rams? On the biggest stage (which they made in a rather interesting manner) lit the Pats up for 3 points... you think the Hawks get stiffed for 3 points? The Rams have a great defense and a predictable offense. VERY beatable. Now go take a bong hit and post again in the morning.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
2-2 in the last 4. About to be 3-2 in favor of the Hawks.
But I suspect the great almighty McVay will still "own Pete"

ivotuk

Reaction score
Not worried. It will be a repeat of 8 days ago.

Not worried about Green Bay either. Per John Clayton, the Packers have only beaten 4 teams above .500. Two of those were the Bears.... :204070:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
ivotuk":33ai76jp said:
Not worried. It will be a repeat of 8 days ago.

Not worried about Green Bay either. Per John Clayton, the Packers have only beaten 4 teams above .500. Two of those were the Bears.... :204070:

I'd be worried about playing in Green Bay if it is sleeting and 20 °. Russ might not fare as well under those conditions.

MrFINCH

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1ne9jy16 said:
Remember this one? Hasselbeck threw a gut wrenching incompletion to Engram in the endzone at the end of the game, completing a 3 game sweep of us that season.
[youtube]TyojTJdpyTA[/youtube]

I think you should watch that play again. While it was the QB that threw the ball it was Engram, who usually has sure hands, that dropped the game winner.

APB

Reaction score
Not worried about Green Bay either. Per John Clayton, the Packers have only beaten 4 teams above .500. Two of those were the Bears....

Since you brought it up, how many above .500 teams did Seattle beat this year??

Ramfan128

Reaction score
This is one of the rare playoff games where almost every fan on both sides expects their team to win.

I think the Rams have more talent than Seattle overall, problem is Goff. I calculated it the other day and he's either taken away (turnover in scoring range) or gifted (turnover for TD or in scoring range for the opponent) to a point differential of over 70. Our defense has allowed 4.6 yards per play this year which is near LOB level good - but thanks to Goff the scoring defense doesn't look nearly as good.

He torched Seattle once and he played like shit once. My guess is McVay will use this opportunity to make Seattle prep for both QBs since their styles are so different.

We'll have Whitworth back (I think) which will help. Expecting the Rams to win whoever the QB is.

LTH

Reaction score
Ramfan128":29qqpect said:
This is one of the rare playoff games where almost every fan on both sides expects their team to win.

I think the Rams have more talent than Seattle overall, problem is Goff. I calculated it the other day and he's either taken away (turnover in scoring range) or gifted (turnover for TD or in scoring range for the opponent) to a point differential of over 70. Our defense has allowed 4.6 yards per play this year which is near LOB level good - but thanks to Goff the scoring defense doesn't look nearly as good.

He torched Seattle once and he played like $h!t once. My guess is McVay will use this opportunity to make Seattle prep for both QBs since their styles are so different.

We'll have Whitworth back (I think) which will help. Expecting the Rams to win whoever the QB is.

Wolford has no experience thats a big shoes to fill in a playoff game ... If the Seahawks can get to him they are going to shake him up and he will make mistakes... they Hawks D played very well against Murray...

How good can Goff be with a broken Hand?

I think The Rams have to score over 27 points to beat the Hawks... You think that's possible?

LTH

sutz

Reaction score
I don't think the QB will matter much if the Hawks shut down the lateral game like they did in the last meeting. We essentially killed the fly sweep, and the stretch runs weren't working well either. We added some speed to the roster, and not just speedsters, speedsters that can hit. Our secondary has been working a lot better than earlier in the year as they have gotten more time working together and developing trust in the system and each other.

We've proven we can score 20 or so on most anybody, if our D can continue its excellence, we got this game.

LTH

Reaction score
sutz":yijut56a said:
I don't think the QB will matter much if the Hawks shut down the lateral game like they did in the last meeting. We essentially killed the fly sweep, and the stretch runs weren't working well either. We added some speed to the roster, and not just speedsters, speedsters that can hit. Our secondary has been working a lot better than earlier in the year as they have gotten more time working together and developing trust in the system and each other.

We've proven we can score 20 or so on most anybody, if our D can continue its excellence, we got this game.

Yeah! what the "Marine" said!! LMAO!!!

LTH

Ramfan128

Reaction score
LTH":1j2v9l7y said:
Ramfan128":1j2v9l7y said:

He torched Seattle once and he played like $h!t once. My guess is McVay will use this opportunity to make Seattle prep for both QBs since their styles are so different.

Wolford has no experience thats a big shoes to fill in a playoff game ... If the Seahawks can get to him they are going to shake him up and he will make mistakes... they Hawks D played very well against Murray...

I think The Rams have to score over 27 points to beat the Hawks... You think that's possible?

LTH

We've held Seattle to 13 points in both meetings until late in the 4th quarter - first game they got a FG in a prevent d situation, 2nd game a game clinching TD drive. Gave up 20 and 16 total.

I think the defense will show up and Rams just need to score 17 points to win.

But if Goff plays, he can always Goff it. He's due for a bounce back game though.

LTH

Reaction score
Ramfan128":17l63h2x said:
LTH":17l63h2x said:
Ramfan128":17l63h2x said:

LTH

We've held Seattle to 13 points in both meetings until late in the 4th quarter - first game they got a FG in a prevent d situation, 2nd game a game clinching TD drive. Gave up 20 and 16 total.

I think the defense will show up and Rams just need to score 17 points to win.

But if Goff plays, he can always Goff it. He's due for a bounce back game though.

I guess there is sense to be made from what you are saying only the seahawks, last I checked were in the top 3 scoring in the 4th quarter and after last game they are probably number 1... did you watch the Seahawks Niner game when the Hawks just destroyed the Niner D with 3 TDS in the 4th? That's the Hawks thing is to win it in the 4th...

to beat the Hawks the Rams are going to have to have a monster game on the ground and I just don't see it happening... I could be wrong but I just don't see it ... the last game the Rams had that one run for 23 yards with the exception to that they were held to 85 yards... Now it might be a different story with Ayers (spelling?) coming back if he is back... and if J reed is out and Jamal adams that might be an issue for the Hawks but I agree to disagree they are going to have to score more than 20 to win...

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
ivotuk":37h8hzsu said:

Did Clayton mention the recent drubbing of the Titans? You know, the game where Green Bay put up 40 against them? Yeah, what a laughing stock.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3eqbnpvh said:
ivotuk":3eqbnpvh said:

Did Clayton mention the recent drubbing of the Titans? You know, the game where Green Bay put up 40 against them? Yeah, what a laughing stock.

This doesnt mean much. Titans just got taken to the last second by the Texans and I like the titans alot. Thought they could win it all last year, but the packers beating them was like everybody slobbering on Rodgers early this year for having 5tds and yards on the raiders. Rodgers takes advantage of ok to poor defenses.