I'm finally convinced

Chapow

Reaction score
That this team just isn't that good.

We've struggled to grind out wins against bad to mediocre teams all season long, and now we've lost to a 4-7 Giants team that was missing their starting QB and starting RB.

Yes, we're most likely going to make the playoffs, but I can't imagine this team doing anything other than grinding out an unimpressive win against a mediocre opponent in the wildcard round, followed by an impotent loss in the divisional round. I think at this point they've proven that's just who they are.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I have come to the same conclusion. Others here have not. They are accepting this mediocrity. I can’t anymore.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
I’ve accepted this three weeks ago, too, when I realized there is very little chance of this team beating ANYONE in the playoffs.

Saints
Packers
Giants
Rams
Bucs???
Niners???
Vikings are beating up.

Just don’t see us winning against any of those teams.

PNW

Reaction score
Agreed, we are a one and done playoff team at best.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
BubbaGump":2dny42f2 said:
I have come to the same conclusion. Others here have not. They are accepting this mediocrity. I can’t anymore.
Yes this team is not very good they are very lucky imho . Every game comes down to the wire with any team . a miraculous catch or miracle play or fourth and long or maybe sometimes 2 4th and longs in a row With that said I’ve been with them since 1980 and I’ve seen some epic mediocrity and this is looking a lot like those Seahawk teams . Only difference is they weren’t as lucky . Somethings got to change clearly this isn’t working. And no I’m not settling for mediocrity anymore.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We didn't lose because we are not as good a team as the Giants.

We lost because we cannot gameplan, make adjustments, or think tactically or strategically in ways that maximize our strengths and mitigate/mask our weaknesses.

The team is good. Not great but good.

But the loss was more because we seemed unconcerned with winning the game until the 4th qtr.

We barely bothered to score points in the 1st half and because the Giants were an 'easy' opponent, we barely cared.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
BubbaGump":2egc5v79 said:

You're not?

What are you going to do about it, whilst not accepting it?

These posts are such worthless posturing.

I get people are upset. But why the constant posts to put people down.

Go to the shack.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2kd74t3j said:

We lost because we cannot gameplan, make adjustments, or think tactically or strategically in ways that maximize our strengths and mitigate/mask our weaknesses.

But the loss was more because we seemed unconcerned with winning the game until the 4th qtr.

We barely bothered to score points in the 1st half and because the Giants were an 'easy' opponent, we barely cared.
If our team can’t do all the things you stated I’d say we weren’t very good cause those kinda things are important to a professional football team.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1w2sgn9k said:
BubbaGump":1w2sgn9k said:

You're not?

Go to the shack.
Jesus why is your skin so damn thin? This team has been the middle of the pack for 5 years easily now! I’m stating that I’m not accepting it no more. Worthless posturing!? Who the hell did I put down? I guess I have to write something that you agree with or I’m unacceptable. Grow the F up!

OP
OP
Chapow

Chapow

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":39ws3s2b said:

Sorry man, but this is just silly. We "barely bothered to score points in the 1st half" because we couldn't, not because we didn't try to. The 2nd half was the more of the same.

It's not that they didn't try to win the game. It's that they weren't good enough to win the game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
BubbaGump":eusdb56m said:
Uncle Si":eusdb56m said:
BubbaGump":eusdb56m said:

You're not?

Go to the shack.
Jesus why is your skin so damn thin? This team has been the middle of the pack for 5 years easily now! I’m stating that I’m not accepting it no more. Worthless posturing!? Who the hell did I put down? I guess I have to write something that you agree with or I’m unacceptable. Grow the F up!

Tell us what you're going to do now that you're not accepting it, while the rest of us do?

Then tell us who needs to grow up.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Chapow,

We were snapping on zero often in the 1st half.

Sure LOOKED like we were running our clock down in the 1st half.

When we were scrambling to come back in the 2nd half, we were snapping with 10, sometimes 15 seconds on the clock.

It didn't look like we were focusing on scoring much at all in the 1st. It LOOKED like we were running our clock down as the priority.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Dallashawksfan":t5ypj7ru said:
Don't assume they can win the wildcard game

The Giants just spanked them

Was hoping a healthy D would be the thing that took the team to the next level.. but the the offense has suddenly turned into 2017 levels

OP
OP
Chapow

Chapow

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":21se376p said:
Chapow,

When we were scrambling to come back in the 2nd half, we were snapping with 10, sometimes 15 seconds on the clock.

It didn't look like we were focusing on scoring much at all in the 1st. It LOOKED like we were running our clock down as the priority.

So the conclusion is that they could have scored more points if they felt like it, but they just didn't care to?

And that makes more sense to you than they were actually trying to score, but just couldn't?

That would be quite the bizarre strategy.

getnasty

Reaction score
BubbaGump":26ixvn2q said:
Uncle Si":26ixvn2q said:
BubbaGump":26ixvn2q said:

You're not?

Go to the shack.

Your not accepting it? What are gonna do? Maybe start a petition to fire Pete that will show him.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1c677fiu said:
BubbaGump":1c677fiu said:
Uncle Si":1c677fiu said:
BubbaGump":1c677fiu said:

You're not?

Go to the shack.

Tell us what you're going to do now that you're not accepting it, while the rest of us do?

I’m not going to blindly go along every week as a fan. I will criticize this team and coach including Russell Wilson on this forum when I feel like it. Go home and suck on your binky and act childish. This is a forum where fans post their options wether you agree with them or not.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Chapow":1jkd3kik said:
TwistedHusky":1jkd3kik said:
Chapow,

So the conclusion is that they could have scored more points if they felt like it, but they just didn't care to?

And that makes more sense to you than they were actually trying to score, but just couldn't?

That would be quite the bizarre strategy.

Thank you for this. The whole they purposely don’t want to score idea is tired and has nothing to back it up. Yes teams have bad games bad stretch’s of game and some teams have bad seasons and bad decades. The Hawks fit into one of those categories right now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
BubbaGump":3oquaki8 said:
Uncle Si":3oquaki8 said:
BubbaGump":3oquaki8 said:
Uncle Si":3oquaki8 said:
You're not?

Go to the shack.

I’m not going to blindly go along every week as a fan. I will criticize this team and coach including Russell Wilson on this forum when I feel like it. Go home and suck on your binky and act childish. This is a forum where fans post their options wether you agree with them or not.

You're the one dumping your purse out on in post after post whining about the game.

But yeah.. im being childish.

Criticize away.. just think posts like "im not accepting mediocrity while you guys do" is pointless posturing.

The forum is for discussion.. wanted to know what you're going to do if you're not accepting it. Apparently, .just the same as everyone else.

Latest posts