I'm finally convinced

HawkinNY

Reaction score
BubbaGump":3j4d61qb said:
Uncle Si":3j4d61qb said:
BubbaGump":3j4d61qb said:
I have come to the same conclusion. Others here have not. They are accepting this mediocrity. I can’t anymore.

You're not?

What are you going to do about it, whilst not accepting it?

These posts are such worthless posturing.

I get people are upset. But why the constant posts to put people down.

Go to the shack.
Jesus why is your skin so damn thin? This team has been the middle of the pack for 5 years easily now! I’m stating that I’m not accepting it no more. Worthless posturing!? Who the hell did I put down? I guess I have to write something that you agree with or I’m unacceptable. Grow the F up!
Here I’ll fix it for you. What you should have said is:

The Seahawks will win the Super Bowl this year and probably the next 5. Cause they are amazing on both ends of the ball. Hahahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2mbk29q8 said:
BubbaGump":2mbk29q8 said:
Uncle Si":2mbk29q8 said:
BubbaGump":2mbk29q8 said:
Jesus why is your skin so damn thin? This team has been the middle of the pack for 5 years easily now! I’m stating that I’m not accepting it no more. Worthless posturing!? Who the hell did I put down? I guess I have to write something that you agree with or I’m unacceptable. Grow the F up!

Tell us what you're going to do now that you're not accepting it, while the rest of us do?

Then tell us who needs to grow up.
I’m not going to blindly go along every week as a fan. I will criticize this team and coach including Russell Wilson on this forum when I feel like it. Go home and suck on your binky and act childish. This is a forum where fans post their options wether you agree with them or not.

You're the one dumping your purse out on in post after post whining about the game.

But yeah.. im being childish.

Criticize away.. just think posts like "im not accepting mediocrity while you guys do" is pointless posturing.

The forum is for discussion.. wanted to know what you're going to do if you're not accepting it. Apparently, .just the same as everyone else.
If I’m doing the same as everyone else then why are you responding if you don’t like what I’m saying? Some posters here have the thinnest skin. If you don’t like what I’m posting move on. How is that so hard.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
BubbaGump":1owk56a9 said:
Uncle Si":1owk56a9 said:
BubbaGump":1owk56a9 said:
Uncle Si":1owk56a9 said:
Tell us what you're going to do now that you're not accepting it, while the rest of us do?

Then tell us who needs to grow up.
I’m not going to blindly go along every week as a fan. I will criticize this team and coach including Russell Wilson on this forum when I feel like it. Go home and suck on your binky and act childish. This is a forum where fans post their options wether you agree with them or not.

You're the one dumping your purse out on in post after post whining about the game.

But yeah.. im being childish.

Criticize away.. just think posts like "im not accepting mediocrity while you guys do" is pointless posturing.

The forum is for discussion.. wanted to know what you're going to do if you're not accepting it. Apparently, .just the same as everyone else.
If I’m doing the same as everyone else then why are you responding if you don’t like what I’m saying? Some posters here have the thinnest skin. If you don’t like what I’m posting move on. How is that so hard.

Now who has the thin skin?
You made a comment. I commented on it. Discussion is in the title of the forum.

Seems simple.

Was a disaster of a game. But f---s sake.. noones "accepting" anything.

kf3339

Reaction score
It's very hard to try and be objective about the Hawks team on this board. You will get flamed no matter what point being made. The best option is to say nothing after a bad loss. Just saying.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
kf3339":x1abzx1k said:
It's very hard to try and be objective about the Hawks team on this board. You will get flamed no matter what point being made. The best option is to say nothing after a bad loss. Just saying.
Ideally your probably right . But in reality some of us come here to vent after a loss it’s a release of some sorts not everybody is wired the same way. I’ve been here forever well before what my tag says in 2007 as you probably are as well that was the first reset I don’t post much I read and lurk regularly but I do find myself posting more after a loss.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
kf3339":2f3vrc4a said:

I don’t think this is 100. If you make a claim you should be able to back it up with something other than hyperbole. I can’t imagine any Hawk fan enjoyed this game but how far does your negative energy go.

ducks41468

Reaction score
People are understandably upset because this season looks to be heading the same direction as our last 5. It's the same lack of preparation, the same erratic QB play, the same lack of adjustments, etc, that has plagued us for years and it's happening again. Not sure what other insights we're supposed to offer as fans when it feels like Groundhog day (other than just purging the coaching staff and QB).

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is nothing to be convinced about.

This happens EVERY year.

We always have 1 bad loss that makes no sense.

I thought it would be against the Jets. Turns out it is the Giants at home.

The overreaction is interesting because this happens annually.

Just as we look like we are the lead horse in the division at the 3/4 mark and drop a game or two to the point we lose the division in a later game. That will probably be the coming loss to the Rams.

But this was always a wildcard team and it isn't worse than a wildcard team, even with Ken Norton as the DC. It just was never better than a wildcard team. The freak injuries to the 49ers made us think we could win the division by default. But we would have still had to beat the Rams, and that isn't something reasonable to expect from this staff.

Pete will always be outcoached by the better gameday coaches. His strength is building and developing players, not gameplanning. But we will usually have a solid roster to work with.

The team IS good. The coaches just hinder it more than makes sense.

OP
OP
Chapow

Chapow

Reaction score
So you're just going to ignore this post?

Chapow":3heldcot said:
TwistedHusky":3heldcot said:
Chapow,

We were snapping on zero often in the 1st half.

Sure LOOKED like we were running our clock down in the 1st half.

When we were scrambling to come back in the 2nd half, we were snapping with 10, sometimes 15 seconds on the clock.

It didn't look like we were focusing on scoring much at all in the 1st. It LOOKED like we were running our clock down as the priority.

So the conclusion is that they could have scored more points if they felt like it, but they just didn't care to?

And that makes more sense to you than they were actually trying to score, but just couldn't?

That would be quite the bizarre strategy.

C'mon man...

hawkfannj

Reaction score
TwistedHusky said:
There is nothing to be convinced about.

This happens EVERY year.

We always have 1 bad loss that makes no sense.

I thought it would be against the Jets. Turns out it is the Giants at home.

The overreaction is interesting because this happens annually.

Just as we look like we are the lead horse in the division at the 3/4 mark and drop a game or two to the point we lose the division in a later game. That will probably be the coming loss to the Rams.

But this was always a wildcard team and it isn't worse than a wildcard team, even with Ken Norton as the DC. It just was never better than a wildcard team. The freak injuries to the 49ers made us think we could win the division by default. But we would have still had to beat the Rams, and that isn't something reasonable to expect from this staff.

Pete will always be outcoached by the better gameday coaches. His strength is building and developing players, not gameplanning. But we will usually have a solid roster to work with.

The team IS good. The coaches just hinder it more than makes sense.[/

We had a couple of close games this season that could’ve easily been losses .this trend is not just this year alone it been going on for a while I don’t think anybody’s overreacting . the wins are great and wins but they are far from convincing and some the football gods were with us .
It’s frustrating to watch the same game week after week with zero adjustments A few fourth and Longs not going our way a couple of miraculous miracle catches don’t go our way will be looking a much different record. The identity of this team is miracle play oh my god did you just see that ! that’s not a good identity for a team IMHO great for TV but not for a team .
I mean don’t get me wrong the Seahawks play to the level of the competition that’s the good thing we could beat anybody but also also the bad thing is the Seahawks play to the level of competition they could lose to anybody even the Jets that’s exactly were 100% of the frustration is from.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I've watched this team run offense in shootouts and against the 'easy teams'.

The process is very different.

Yes, I think they were not trying to score until late and then it was too late.

Carroll likes to play football like Ty Willingham used to. I recognize PeteBall and recognize when they start to abandon it.

We were PeteBalling it until mid 4th quarter.

In shootouts, when giving up points in the 1st half, we change our focus and start snapping earlier, running quicker routes, and sprinkling in the long passes against the zeros. Totally different.

Apparently, some of you disagree, but after years of watching the Seahawks not sure you haven't seen it yourself. This team plays differently when it thinks it has to score than when it thinks it is doing OK. We start coasting, running the clock down, and running guys like Hyde on 1st.

This is all as predictable as Pete using TOs for dumb reasons.

I still contend we don't prioritize scoring each drive unless we think our defense gives us no choice.

We thought we were going to come back score a TD (we did), the defense would get another stop (it didn't), and we could come back in the final minutes with the winning TD. Allowing that FG threw sand in those gears, but you could tell what Pete was banking on. There was no urgency until that FG, then it was too late.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Listen we all know the Hawks you knew in your heart we don't have an easy schedule ahead of us they make bad teams look like SB contenders always have. I tell you this when we play the Rams I'll bet we take them by at least 14pts it's always strange how that works but it does. Remember when Philly was flying there was no way the Hawks could win that game and they did it cost me a $100 donation to this board back then.

diver110

Reaction score
onepicknick1":1ovuxg2r said:
Listen we all know the Hawks you knew in your heart we don't have an easy schedule ahead of us they make bad teams look like SB contenders always have. I tell you this when we play the Rams I'll bet we take them by at least 14pts it's always strange how that works but it does. Remember when Philly was flying there was no way the Hawks could win that game and they did it cost me a $100 donation to this board back then.

If we can’t beat the Giants at home, I have a hard time seeing how we manhandle the Rams.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We aren't beating the Rams.

That is just silly.

Not worried about the Jets but I am very worried about the 49ers.

Not worried at all about the Rams, completely confident we will lose to them. But so what? We would still make the playoffs.

zchurch74

Reaction score
This post is exactly what I was telling my wife after today’s loss. Yes I’m mad we lost. Losses happen. What I think gets me more upset is the people who still think this is a good team and has a chance to make to the super bowl. I ******* hate Kool Aid fans. I hate “every thing is OK” fans. I’m not a fan. I am a ******* FANATIC. I come here to bitch about the team and post my opinions. ISNT THAT WHAT THIS SITE IS ALL ABOUT? us fans get to come here and discuss our opinions.

Why is it if we have a negative take we have to go to the Shack? Why can’t we have a page for the sunshine fans that can talk about how great everything is even when Russ and this offense has been playing like crap for 5-7 weeks?

Russ sucks, fire Pete and John. Lose out for better draft picks. That’s sarcasm for you dip shits!

xgeoff

Reaction score
onepicknick1":b47a8uxc said:

I understand what you're saying. This team always seems to play down, and play up, to the competition. So I think there's a good chance we keep the Rams game close. I give this team zero chance to beat them, though.

Would love to be proved wrong, but have not seen a complete well-played game this year from this team.

:pukeface:

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
zchurch74":lfmuqgna said:
This post is exactly what I was telling my wife after today’s loss. Yes I’m mad we lost. Losses happen. What I think gets me more upset is the people who still think this is a good team and has a chance to make to the super bowl. I f*** hate Kool Aid fans. I hate “every thing is OK” fans. I’m not a fan. I am a f*** FANATIC. I come here to b!@ch about the team and post my opinions. ISNT THAT WHAT THIS SITE IS ALL ABOUT? us fans get to come here and discuss our opinions.

Why is it if we have a negative take we have to go to the Shack? Why can’t we have a page for the sunshine fans that can talk about how great everything is even when Russ and this offense has been playing like crap for 5-7 weeks?

Russ sucks, fire Pete and John. Lose out for better draft picks. That’s sarcasm for you dip $h!t!

You’re the best fanatic. The ride wouldn’t be as fun if we didn’t have a flat tire to let us know how bad our team sucks and that all hope is lost. That’s a lie for you “dip $hit”

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1jzv5vfo said:
Chapow":1jzv5vfo said:
TwistedHusky":1jzv5vfo said:
Chapow,

We were snapping on zero often in the 1st half.

Sure LOOKED like we were running our clock down in the 1st half.

When we were scrambling to come back in the 2nd half, we were snapping with 10, sometimes 15 seconds on the clock.

It didn't look like we were focusing on scoring much at all in the 1st. It LOOKED like we were running our clock down as the priority.

So the conclusion is that they could have scored more points if they felt like it, but they just didn't care to?

And that makes more sense to you than they were actually trying to score, but just couldn't?

That would be quite the bizarre strategy.

Thank you for this. The whole they purposely don’t want to score idea is tired and has nothing to back it up. Yes teams have bad games bad stretch’s of game and some teams have bad seasons and bad decades. The Hawks fit into one of those categories right now.

He didn't say they don't want to score, he said they make other things a higher priority and that often results in points (and probably momentum) likely lost.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
zchurch74":264961zj said:
This post is exactly what I was telling my wife after today’s loss. Yes I’m mad we lost. Losses happen. What I think gets me more upset is the people who still think this is a good team and has a chance to make to the super bowl. I f*** hate Kool Aid fans. I hate “every thing is OK” fans. I’m not a fan. I am a f*** FANATIC. I come here to b!@ch about the team and post my opinions. ISNT THAT WHAT THIS SITE IS ALL ABOUT? us fans get to come here and discuss our opinions.

Russ sucks, fire Pete and John. Lose out for better draft picks. That’s sarcasm for you dip $h!t!

Imagine being angry at other people because they dont bitch and moan about losing to the degree that you do.

Get a grip. the site isn't about opinions, it's about discussions. If you state an opinion, you will be asked to defend it here. Throwing your toys out when someone calls you on definitive statements like "Im not accepting this anymore" or "we will lost the next 5" is what discussion on this board is all about.

The fact you can't understand that, and continue railing on others with petty, juvenile name calling, is why you get torn apart here, and noone takes your posts very seriously.

We have a Shack for people who cannot discuss, who can only take conversations to their base level and start with "kool aid fans" and finish it off with "dip shits"..

you need to figure that out. You're not a "fanatic," you're being a sore loser and a worse winner.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
I am concerned to and have been since week one. Whether it was poor defense...first five weeks...or now poor offense...last several weeks....we will pull together.

TwistedHusky is right. Game planning is the number one concern. Week in and week out we are backwards playing. The game plan this week was to focus on defense and just let russ score a few. They focused to much on d and didnt put in the effort on offense. Now next week we will stress offense and the defense will allow the jets to score a few. Which they should. Just took the raiders to the very last seconds. But we will make it look easy somehow. And everyone will be mad at the defense again for allowing the lowly jets put points on us.

The question is will the hawks put together a whole team effort for a whole game or will they be more concerned with controlling a game by time and winning in the 4th quarter.

I swear...the way they play is take a week off or two to prepare for teams ahead. Not teams we play this week. Watch, when they allow carson to carry the load and we have flowers, dunbar, griffin, healthy d line and lbs playing. It will look totally different. It will be like where the hell was this team the whole year. I'm not blaming injuries because I think every week regardless the next player has to step in and perform no matter what. I'm just saying. I know flower is IR and dunbar is a who freaking knows when he will play.

We got this. Not a fan of the whole process. But watch. Rams are not that good Huskey. Their dline is monstrous, but their team as whole is not that great. Cards just proved that again. When we play them it will come down to the end, but the hawks are the best team in the west. Maybe not NFC. We will see.