Im seeing a pattern.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
When the Hawks see adversity like especially Geno and the O, there is immediate domintion as an answer. After the pick six Geno threw both the O and the D showed total domination. I love this!! Saw this in the last game as well.

Everybody thinks this team is playing great football now but i saybthey are just getting started... the best is yet to come by the time the play offs come these guys are going to be REALLY rolling.. there is still lots to clean up.

Thoughts

rjdriver

Reaction score
I love the positive post and I hope you're right..

This is an incredibly fun season to be sure, I'm enjoying it immensely.

Like any sport, football is a game of runs, streaks, and momentum. I wouldn't be surprised if we hit a little tough patch as we face some tough opponents both in the division and outside the conference. If we keep rolling, it will be a blast. If we stumble a bit, it will be fun to watch how they react and who emerges as a leader.

Either way, this team has vastly exceed my expectations!

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I love the positive post and I hope you're right..

This is an incredibly fun season to be sure, I'm enjoying it immensely.

Like any sport, football is a game of runs, streaks, and momentum. I wouldn't be surprised if we hit a little tough patch as we face some tough opponents both in the division and outside the conference. If we keep rolling, it will be a blast. If we stumble a bit, it will be fun to watch how they react and who emerges as a leader.

Either way, this team has vastly exceed my expectations!
Im not thinking they are going to win out or anything, I really have no idea what there record is going to be... it really doesnt matter to me as long as they make the play offs whats important is how they are playing at play off time.

I just think this team is still learning and im not just talking about the rookies i think they are learning to play together... learning to over come situational adversity and responding to adversity...

Geno is an animal more than i thought he was the way they answered that pick 6 with two long TD drives that was just phenomenal! Shane waldron just shined

sutz

Reaction score
Regarding the pick-6 (and other "bad" plays from earlier in the season) one thing I have noticed for a lot of years now is that truly good teams don't let 1 play define a game. Great teams will often use a bad play to motivate them to excel going forward. Lot of football left to play, and a lot of chances to grow and improve. And a lot of success to build on.

Mick063

Reaction score
This team seems to feed off of setbacks.

I paid particularly close attention after the pick 6. Not just to Geno, but to the entire team. It didn't faze them. Geno was briefly visibly affected but the body language of all the other players seemed to scream "let's play" and it quickly reenergized him. I personally believe that this is the youth factor manifesting itself.

They say that cornerbacks and quarterbacks need a short memory. I believe the whole team needs it. Move on and keep your head in the game. Never let adversity affect situational awareness.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Regarding the pick-6 (and other "bad" plays from earlier in the season) one thing I have noticed for a lot of years now is that truly good teams don't let 1 play define a game. Great teams will often use a bad play to motivate them to excel going forward. Lot of football left to play, and a lot of chances to grow and improve. And a lot of success to build on.
Yes there definately are some areas to improve on. The O line is playing well but i dont think they are playing at a championship level yet IMO. This unit needs to gel more...

There are a few bad plays a game that need to be cleaned up. Yes its true this is the NFL and good teams are going to make some plays even on a good team but to play at a championship level they cant turn the ball over... special teams seem to have some bad plsys thus week they got lucky that Dallas recovered that muffed punt. These are the types of plays that can lose a ball game.

Same on the defensive side of the ball the D is absolutly swarming but there are some missed tackles as well in the secondary some mis communications. All stuff that is getting better but could be improved on. Just my take

JPatera76

Reaction score
I like Geno doesn't go Cam Newton on stuff like sacks and picks. He stays composed and the team comes together and ups the intensity.

However, Kyler... I believe Kyler is the Cards Cam Newton.