imho, for Lynch it's about loyalty

had2bhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":v8zquiyx said:
Largent80":v8zquiyx said:
Next man up. I'm over Lynch. Thanks bud for the sour taste in the mouth and I'm not even a hooker.

To me, it is kind of shocking to see this kind of mentality toward Lynch from this fanbase. Kind of sad, too.

I'm not going to offer an opinion on whether he should be paid more. But to outright dismiss everything he's done for the franchise ("over him") and to say he's left a sour taste in your mouth? Wow, okay.

I agree!! No one will ever convince me that there is a more loyal teammate than M Lynch. He has done nothing but put his head to the grindstone and performed excellently for the team and city of Seattle. Yeah the FO has their work cut out for them but I'm not so sure it is with Lynch as much as it will be with some of these so called Seahawk fans!

Please, don't compare Lynch to Matt Hasselbeck, not even close to the ball park!!

A

Anonymous

I blame the agents for all the hold-out BS. They are good at one thing; they do a GREAT job of staying out of the media.

Can you name three player agents off the top of your head? I can't. Drew Rosen-something is one, I think...

Oh, and Largent80?

L-80 is to Seahawks fandom, like confusion is to obscurity.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Its about money, but I agree with the OP. I's also about loyalty. The reason it is about money is because it would take an extension or even just a portion of his 2015 salary guaranteed to show Lynch that the Seahawks have plans to keep him past this year. To show him that "loyalty".

I know he signed a contract and others have argued should stick to his end of the deal, but if in 2012 Lynch agreed to a deal thinking he was going to be a Seahawk for four years, he has no reason to think that way now.

Just a month after his deal, Seattle drafted Turbin in the fourth rd. A year later, Christine Michael with its 2nd rd pick and Spencer Ware with its 6th rd pick. Then this last off-season, Seattle cut two veterans after a couple years on their extensions to extend younger players on the roster. Then the coaching staff says they plan on using a running back by committee approach.

Basically, the writing is on the wall for Lynch. There's a good chance he won't be a Seahawk in 2015 and he knows it. Ultimately, I want him to finish his contract out like he agreed to because it helps this team's salary cap-wise. But I can't blame him for making a personal business decision.

dunceface

Reaction score
kearly":2r6ynxo0 said:
DavidSeven":2r6ynxo0 said:
To me, it is kind of shocking to see this kind of mentality toward Lynch from this fanbase. Kind of sad, too.

I'm not going to offer an opinion on whether he should be paid more. But to outright dismiss everything he's done for the franchise ("over him") and to say he's left a sour taste in your mouth? Wow, okay.

To be fair, you're talking about a fan who by his own proud admission wears a custom #69 Seahawks Jersey with the name Dick Gozinya on it. We love Largent80, but he's about as close to your typical fan as Borat is to being your typical Kazakhstani.

:salute:

kearly

Reaction score
Largent80":3eqk6haq said:
Am I a typical fan?...Maybe, but what does that make everyone else here, some sort of mega superfan?

Actually on this issue it appears you line up with the majority opinion. I was just making the observation that you are one of our most colorful and entertaining contributors.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hey, ya know, I hated the new jerseys when they came out. I finally caved in and bought one a couple months later.

Guess who's jersey it was.

Not Dick Gozinya..... :lol:

[youtube]-7DsMadit3g[/youtube]

pmedic920

Reaction score
ahede3yn.jpg

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Loyalty or not, there are solutions to this predicament that could work for both sides. But I need to mention again, we have no concrete idea about what ML is asking for. If it's just an extra million or 2, these look like the most mutually beneficial options:

Joel Corry":2bog9p0v said:
Convert this year’s $500,000 rushing yards incentive into 2014 base salary.
Or the entire $1 million in incentives for both years. The conversion would use $1 million of Seattle’s $7.55 million of existing salary cap room (includes Lynch’s $5 million base salary in calculations which isn’t counting while he is holding out).
Spread out the cap hit over two years, make the $1 million a signing bonus instead.
And if Marshawn is in the plans for 2015:
Joel Corry":2bog9p0v said:
Fully guarantee a small portion (no more than $1 million) of Lynch’s $5.5 million 2015 base salary.
As an alternative, the guarantee could be tied to Lynch’s 2014 performance.
Insist on any 2015 guarantees containing an offset so Lynch couldn’t “double dip” (get paid Seattle’s guarantee and the entire amount of his contract with another team) if he’s released next year.
Convert Lynch’s $2 million per game roster bonus in 2015 or $2 million of 2015 base salary into a first day of the 2015 league year roster bonus. If Lynch wasn’t a part of Seattle’s plans next year, he would hit the free agent market while teams had all of their cap room available to sign players.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sol ... ldout.html

dunceface

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":37k69yjc said:
Loyalty or not, there are solutions to this predicament that could work for both sides. But I need to mention again, we have no concrete idea about what ML is asking for. If it's just an extra million or 2, these look like the most mutually beneficial options:

Joel Corry":37k69yjc said:
Convert this year’s $500,000 rushing yards incentive into 2014 base salary.
Or the entire $1 million in incentives for both years. The conversion would use $1 million of Seattle’s $7.55 million of existing salary cap room (includes Lynch’s $5 million base salary in calculations which isn’t counting while he is holding out).
Spread out the cap hit over two years, make the $1 million a signing bonus instead.
And if Marshawn is in the plans for 2015:
Joel Corry":37k69yjc said:
Fully guarantee a small portion (no more than $1 million) of Lynch’s $5.5 million 2015 base salary.
As an alternative, the guarantee could be tied to Lynch’s 2014 performance.
Insist on any 2015 guarantees containing an offset so Lynch couldn’t “double dip” (get paid Seattle’s guarantee and the entire amount of his contract with another team) if he’s released next year.
Convert Lynch’s $2 million per game roster bonus in 2015 or $2 million of 2015 base salary into a first day of the 2015 league year roster bonus. If Lynch wasn’t a part of Seattle’s plans next year, he would hit the free agent market while teams had all of their cap room available to sign players.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sol ... ldout.html

That's good info and I'm hoping they can get something like that done

Rocket

Reaction score
kearly":2uhh1fgr said:
DavidSeven":2uhh1fgr said:

To be fair, you're talking about a fan who by his own proud admission wears a custom #69 Seahawks Jersey with the name Dick Gozinya on it. We love Largent80, but he's about as close to your typical fan as Borat is to being your typical Kazakhstani.

He's crazy. Rocket love and respect Rob.