Impact of Brandon Browner's injury?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Shead would be the guy we go after if Browner is lost for the year. If he's out 3-4 weeks then we'll just roll with what we've got.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
PC on Browner in his press conference: "It looks pretty serious, won't know more until we're further a long the week". Don't know if he's out for the season, needs to know more,etc.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
As much depth as we have, losing BB for the season, which it almost sounds like will be the case, will definitely hurt us. Really hope he isn't out for the year, but from what Pete has said, a popping sound is never a good thing.

JonRud

Reaction score
I am not happy about this news. We need all hands on deck come January/February.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
There will be a drop off.. but Max has been playing a lot of snaps along with Thurmond. Fortunately the pass rush can really help. Guys like Bennett, Avril, Clem and Irvin (wow.. what a squad) can really take pressure off the secondary.

253hawk

Reaction score
BB's strength is his size and ability to press WR's and throw them off of their routes, but the caveat is that he doesn't have the quick feet to stay with the little shifty guys who like to do double moves or hook-and-gos. Thurmond and Lane are both excellent replacement to fill that void albeit with totally different skill sets.

I have no worries with either of them filling that role, the only downside is that BB is our only CB that can straight up maul WR's and get in their heads (though Lane does it very well with trash talk.) Depending on how bad it is and how things shake out, he may have 8 weeks to recover and be back just in time for the playoffs.

JenningsBrowner_original.gif

HawkWow

Reaction score
BB is the man, but I doubt we will fall off much. He makes the big play, and we love him for that, but not so much for his coverage skills. I think we will miss BB less than we miss Rice and I don't think we will miss Rice all that much. What concerns me is the very real possibility we may never again see BB as a Hawk. That will depend on him and his agent.

What do you guys think would be the max we should pay BB? I'm thinking Kam money, no more.

the_12th_man

Reaction score
Honestly I hope Simon gets some reps. It would be nice to see a little bit more out of this rookie class besides Bowie.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Maybe Humble Thug Simon gets a chance, not holding my breath. BB will be missed, but we'll be fine with WTIII, Maxwell, and Lane.

firebee

Reaction score
Good God... Can the injury bug cut us some slack. I was thinking we still had Tharold Simon on PS too, but scratch that.

firebee

Reaction score
Throwdown":2za24g7q said:
Maybe Humble Thug Simon gets a chance, not holding my breath. BB will be missed, but we'll be fine with WTIII, Maxwell, and Lane.

Tharold Simon is on the unable to perform list, but I was thinking the same thing you were for a second.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Simon isn't an option. He's redshirting this year to heal up his interminable foot injury from college once and for all. You won't see him again until OTA's next year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
There are a lot of big body receivers you could see in the playoffs that you really want BB available for... Colston/Graham, Megatron, Dez, Fitz. Heck, even Riley Cooper has been going off in Philly. Crabtree will back for SF, and Sherm can't cover both him and Boldin at the same time. Won't even get into the Decker/Thomas situation.

Really hope BB can get to 100%.

Tical21

Reaction score
Sherman also covered Vincent Jackson whenever he went into the slot in the second half.

When we go nickel, Maxwell will play outside and Thurmond will move into the slot. This is going to put a lot of pressure on Maxwell and potentially Lane, especially against New Orleans.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Outlook? Thurmond plays better than him and they realize Thrumond should be starting.

hawker84

Reaction score
I think Thurmond is the better cover guy, and I too think you'll see Maxwell on the outside with thurmond moving into the slot in the nickle. Way i see it, we did just fine last year and this year without him, no reason to think otherwise now, next man up, keep it rolling.

Latest posts