Impressive.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
An area that was much improved was the redzone efficiency. They were 5 for 7 in that area. Most of it was backups but still they were doing what they needed to come away with TDs rather than FGs.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Aside from Trevone the play maker on fire last night was...

Bevell!!!!!!!!

(running and ducking :stirthepot: )

Here's another: Why did Bennet remain sat?

chris98251

Reaction score
Shaq seeing game speed for the first time was going to be playing catch up, he will again when regular season starts as well, it's like a manual transmission, 1st gear pre season, 2nd gear regular season, third gear playoffs and that 4th gear with over drive is the Super Bowl. He also needs to find the ball, he had a pick there that hit him in the back, he will also need to be aware where Thomas is coming from, don't want to be between a bullet and it's target., Gates TD, hmm tough call he was playing outside in, not even sure that was against him if the under man was suppose to drop on that.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ciz2auu7 said:
Northwest Seahawk":ciz2auu7 said:
There's no reason to temper your enthusiasm this team killed it tonight. The quality of depth is real and I agree on Carson and Williams .

I admire your enthusiasm, but the first pre-season game against a Chargers team with a brand new staff that's probably going to win 4-5 games this year with terrible depth isn't cause for me to declare us SuperBowl bound.

I saw a LOT of good signs, don't get me wrong. But if there's one thing I've learned over the 4 decades I've been a football fan, it's that pre-season = rarely means anything.

The Denver Broncos thought that in 2013 when we beat them 40-10 in the pre season game 2. 43-8 sounds pretty close to me.

Also...on that same note. We beat the Chargers pre-season game 1 that year as well 31-10.

Spooky ddd

T-Hawk

Reaction score
To add to Seymour above me, the Hawks went 4-0 in the pre-season in 2013, and completely dominated 3 of those games.

They dominated that pre-season so much because of the depth and competition on that team, which resulted in better D-Line rotation, better nickel and dime packages, and an all time great special teams unit.

Obviously 1 pre-season game doesn't mean we're repeating 2013, but watching our depth dominate the Chargers depth last night, I couldn't help but get excited and be reminded of how that 2013 season started off.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
T-Hawk":1mjayd31 said:
To add to Seymour above me, the Hawks went 4-0 in the pre-season in 2013, and completely dominated 3 of those games.

They dominated that pre-season so much because of the depth and competition on that team, which resulted in better D-Line rotation, better nickel and dime packages, and an all time great special teams unit.

Obviously 1 pre-season game doesn't mean we're repeating 2013, but watching our depth dominate the Chargers depth last night, I couldn't help but get excited and be reminded of how that 2013 season started off.
Agree, it's a strong sign.

Where are the Hawks ~not~ deep enough right now?

LolaRox

Reaction score
That was fun fun. :3-1:

For a preseason game, it was pretty entertaining. Lots of things to be excited about - especially the potential depth.
The backups beat-up the Chargers' backups and that's a fun to watch. It hasn't happened in recent years so this gives me hope that the depth has returned.

kpak76

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1s9m79hb said:
The backups were much better than the Charger back ups. Our oline has a long long way to go though. They were giving ground on most running plays instead of getting a push. Too small all sample to get worried over but the starting d line got pushed around too.

Did we watch the same game? I saw the o-line open some big holes in the run game. Also Boykin looked like he was having a picnic before he threw the ball sometimes.

kpak76

Reaction score
How much are you loving John Schneider right now?

The depth on this team is very 2013esq.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I always enjoy when friends tell me to not get too excited. Meh, I'm a grown man, I can get excited about whatever the hell I want :lol:

Josea16

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3dzhea7z said:
Northwest Seahawk":3dzhea7z said:
There's no reason to temper your enthusiasm this team killed it tonight. The quality of depth is real and I agree on Carson and Williams .

I admire your enthusiasm, but the first pre-season game against a Chargers team with a brand new staff that's probably going to win 4-5 games this year with terrible depth isn't cause for me to declare us SuperBowl bound.

I saw a LOT of good signs, don't get me wrong. But if there's one thing I've learned over the 4 decades I've been a football fan, it's that pre-season = rarely means anything.
If the Chargers can remain healthy unlike 2015-16 they have enough talent to win the AFCW which is among the two strongest divisions in the NFL, the other being the NFCS. They are in no accepted reality a 4-12/5-11 unless massive disaster strikes. Even as it stands with Lamp and Williams out they're at worst a playoff contender.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
This is still our beloved Seattle Seahawks. Before we get too excited, let's see if they don't come crap the bed the following week, lol.

A good start is a good start, though. Can't ask for much more than what we saw.

Davidess

Reaction score
1st pre-season game there really isn't any game planning so I don't really through that much into how well or not well we play. Nonetheless it was fun seeing the team win BIG.

in the way of the Oline I liked how the Left side played but then again the right side I believe had more Melvin ingram/Joey Bosa. Because the right side looked pretty bad. I don't think I started feeling comfy about Ifedi/Glowinski till the chargers put in their back ups and that wasn't even that impressive. I did like our LBs though on D and the D-line played well.

Davidess

Reaction score
kpak76":2jeartma said:
brimsalabim":2jeartma said:
The backups were much better than the Charger back ups. Our oline has a long long way to go though. They were giving ground on most running plays instead of getting a push. Too small all sample to get worried over but the starting d line got pushed around too.

Did we watch the same game? I saw the o-line open some big holes in the run game. Also Boykin looked like he was having a picnic before he threw the ball sometimes.

pretty sure I watched the same game Kpak did because minus the QB scrambles the hawks ran 28 times for 77 yards. which is less than 3 yds a rush. so not as impressive. its still early though. look forward to Friday.

Latest posts