In case we do somehow blow the division/HFA..

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Our road would still not be impossible.

We would be locked into playing the NFC North champion.. either the Bears who couldn't stop half of Seahawks.net from running for 100 yards or a battered Packers team that may or may not have Aaron Rodgers.

Assuming we won that game, we'd likely be headed to Carolina for a rematch with the Panthers. The Panthers may be without Steve Smith for that one, making an already suspect offense that much worse.

If we got past that one.. in all likelihood we'd see Philadelphia or San Francisco for the NFC Championship.

Don't get me wrong, our road to the Super Bowl is MUCH better with a win Sunday, but if we blow this.. it's not like our Super Bowl dreams are dead in the water either.

suppaball

Reaction score
If we blow it the season is over that simple. Lose two in a row at home, lose 3 out of 4 to close the season and its all over but the crying?

Will I

Reaction score
suppaball":149bpypa said:
If we blow it the season is over that simple. Lose two in a row at home, lose 3 out of 4 to close the season and its all over but the crying?

Yea, too bad we haven't clinched a playoff spot yet. :sarcasm_off:

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
The worst part to me would be that even if the Hawks went all Road Warrior and made it to the Super Bowl, the best fans in sports would have been robbed of a couple great parties at the CLink. There's some looooongtime season ticket holders out there that really deserve better.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":14ei47xr said:
The worst part to me would be that even if the Hawks went all Road Warrior and made it to the Super Bowl, the best fans in sports would have been robbed of a couple great parties at the CLink. There's some looooongtime season ticket holders out there that really deserve better.

This...if they somehow lose and get the wildcard there better damn well be an apology to all the fans for absolutely blowing a 90 something % chance at a home game in the playoffs

seahawks08

Reaction score
The best that can happen is 1 seed, the worst will be 5th seed. 5th seed will have to play away. If SFO wins out, they are NFC west winners and will get at least 1 home game if not more. Not very good scenario.

Polaris

Reaction score
seahawks08":1fik8a0o said:
The best that can happen is 1 seed, the worst will be 5th seed. 5th seed will have to play away. If SFO wins out, they are NFC west winners and will get at least 1 home game if not more. Not very good scenario.

If we "coug" away HFA, then San Fran would not only get a home game, but a first round bye. The Niners trolls would also run rampant here and never, ever let us forget what happened either.

themunn

Reaction score
suppaball":73dn6l2w said:

Yeah, we need momentum going into the playoffs

like the Ravens had

hawksmode

Reaction score
If we lose Sunday I believe they are done...great teams do not lose 3-4 to close the season. Odds were 90% for a home game...they mess that up it is hard to believe that the 20% chance they would have to win the SB will happen.

ceej22

Reaction score
I'm all for HFA but how sweet would it be to win it all as the #5 seed considering how bad the franchise has been on the road in the past.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
hawksmode":b3xjwfah said:
If we lose Sunday I believe they are done...great teams do not lose 3-4 to close the season. Odds were 90% for a home game...they mess that up it is hard to believe that the 20% chance they would have to win the SB will happen.

The Ravens lost 3 of 4 to close out the season last year.

Not saying it's a good thing at all, but to say the season would be over after that is stupid.

Hawks46

Reaction score
suppaball":3noi5ss2 said:

I'm with you. That's the definition of a tailspin to close out the season.

It would also mean that everyone has figured out how to stop our offense, because you aren't stopping our defense.

Will I

Reaction score
Vpk0718":1tknwwkn said:
hawksmode":1tknwwkn said:

The Ravens lost 3 of 4 to close out the season last year.

Not saying it's a good thing at all, but to say the season would be over after that is stupid.

Concur

Zorn76

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":138xh017 said:
Our road would still not be impossible.

We would be locked into playing the NFC North champion.. either the Bears who couldn't stop half of Seahawks.net from running for 100 yards or a battered Packers team that may or may not have Aaron Rodgers.

Assuming we won that game, we'd likely be headed to Carolina for a rematch with the Panthers. The Panthers may be without Steve Smith for that one, making an already suspect offense that much worse.

If we got past that one.. in all likelihood we'd see Philadelphia or San Francisco for the NFC Championship.

Don't get me wrong, our road to the Super Bowl is MUCH better with a win Sunday, but if we blow this.. it's not like our Super Bowl dreams are dead in the water either.

Yeah - I just don't see the point in even thinking about this until we have to. As it is, I think we win this Sunday, anyway.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I agree with Zorny on this one..Go Hawks!!!

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
If that happens, I might secretly be happy... Sorry guys... Because that might mean the panthers get 2nd seed which means I might be able to go to a playoff game in Charlotte! So that's a huge personal silver lining but obviously given the choice I want them to have HFA

ariel9302

Reaction score
i just don't think this team can win in (old) Candlestick. just like the whiners can't win in Seattle. Next year i think we break the trend and win on the road in San Fran. This year, those inbred POS's just have some sort of bullcrap going on giving them every lucky break. But i'm pretty confident when i say without having researched this, that very very very few #1 seeds have lost to every team in their division. if we crap the bed again, we don't deserve a 1 seed. IMO, that will kill our SB chances, assuming of course the 49ers can even pull off a win this week.