In the second round

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":5ktbxkml said:
UK_Seahawk":5ktbxkml said:
Looks like he returns punts too. As others have said I can't see him dropping to 32 never mind 64.

There are going to be a lot of guys that we don't see dropping to 32 that actually do so. Especially considering how teams have shored up some needs via the UFA process. A lot of needs have changed since the combine.

There will be 3 to 4 of the guys projected to be taken in the 20-30 range that will be available. Every year this happens and I expect it to be more pronounced this year considering the depth of talent available. A lot of guys that look like 18-25 overall on the hoof are going to be there simply because of the quantity of players that fit that profile.

I agree with you I just don't think Cooks will be one of them.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
justafan":ueds425e said:
Worked last year.I dont care if they over 6 ft or not if they can run routes and catch the ball.

I would be happy if J Mathews,Antonio Richardson or Mewhort falls to us at 64

You just listed a bunch of guys I consider some of the poorer route runners in this draft, including Cooks.

He seems to get by on his speed, I don't see separation, I just see a lot of catches in traffic and plenty of YAC. As good as his hands appear it'd be nice to see him make some simple catches in space.

I still think he's a pretty good prospect but not on this team. I don't think we need another guy who'll be best utilized in a shorter passing game, we need someone who will consistently stretch the field. For as little as Wilson throws the ball, he likes to air it deep (was among leaders in NFL last season) and Cooks isn't going to give us that threat in the NFL.

As for the Harvin comparisons, ignore the 40 times, Percy has another gear.