Incompetent Seattle media or

kf3339

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2g4lecd0 said:
Mojambo":2g4lecd0 said:
You sound like Mike Salk.

FA is largely a sucker's game. I'm comfortable with the way they handle it, even if it means we don't get to open our presents right away like other fans.

For most teams yes, but look what the Patriot's are doing.

They're about to sign the top CB in free agency, and possibly trade Butler to New Orleans for Branden Cooks. This is after trading away their top two DE's.

Standing pat and adding 3rd tier scrubs is what I don't like, and that's exactly what we've done the past couple of years. If you don't have cap space, you make cap space or get creative.

Where's our creativity? Are we seriously gonna just stand pat again and sign a bunch of has beens as band aids?

Exactly my point as well. There is a reason the Pats keep making the SB and winning it. There is also a reason that we have not sniffed even making it to a SB the last two years. Think about it.

chris98251

Reaction score
So before the injury not using him (Graham) in the Red Zone and up the seam or flanking him into the slot was on who?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
He was coming on strong before the injury. He got hurt, if you remember, trying to catch a ball in the end zone.

iigakusei

Reaction score
kf3339":1982bxu2 said:
Sgt. Largent":1982bxu2 said:
Mojambo":1982bxu2 said:

FA is largely a sucker's game. I'm comfortable with the way they handle it, even if it means we don't get to open our presents right away like other fans.

They're about to sign the top CB in free agency, and possibly trade Butler to New Orleans for Branden Cooks. This is after trading away their top two DE's.

Standing pat and adding 3rd tier scrubs is what I don't like, and that's exactly what we've done the past couple of years. If you don't have cap space, you make cap space or get creative.

Where's our creativity? Are we seriously gonna just stand pat again and sign a bunch of has beens as band aids?

Exactly my point as well. There is a reason the Pats keep making the SB and winning it. There is also a reason that we have not sniffed even making it to a SB the last two years. Think about it.
Think they will trade us Brady and Belichick?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":31ud2jdq said:
That's one play, what about the rest of the time?
As I said, he was transitioning well into our offense. I know the coaching staff liked what they were getting from him. He was also starting to develop a nice rapport with Russ just prior to the injury .
What does this have to do with Seattle media?

chris98251

Reaction score
Signing high priced F.A. and not using them correctly or busting on teams, the media loves to sell the story lines, Harvin was the same way bust and cancer. Cary Williams bust and cancer.

kf3339

Reaction score
iigakusei":1g1mgzlm said:
kf3339":1g1mgzlm said:
Sgt. Largent":1g1mgzlm said:
Mojambo":1g1mgzlm said:

Think they will trade us Brady and Belichick?

So you're saying Brady is the only player on the field?

The Pats FO make moves and don't stand pat. They are creative and make adjustments not just in FA, but also during games. We don't.

iigakusei

Reaction score

The Pats FO make moves and don't stand pat. They are creative and make adjustments not just in FA, but also during games. We don't.[/quote]
What I am saying is that if it were that simple everyone would follow their model. A lot easier to do when you have won consistently with the best QB and Coach in league history.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":exnvomjo said:
Signing high priced F.A. and not using them correctly or busting on teams, the media loves to sell the story lines, Harvin was the same way bust and cancer. Cary Williams bust and cancer.
I see what you're saying, but I don't put Jimmy in the same class as Harvin and Williams. Those 2 were classic busts, except Harvin did help us in 48. Jimmy just set our franchise single-season record for touchdowns by a tight end while becoming more versatile. As our line becomes more consistent, he'll thrive more.

Seymour

Reaction score
kf3339":1ynql2b4 said:

The Pats FO make moves and don't stand pat. They are creative and make adjustments not just in FA, but also during games. We don't.

Sure we do!! Look 3-4 weeks later and you will see it. It takes Bevell that long for the game film to finally sink in, or he'll see a college game to give him an idea of a "new trick play" to use. :2thumbs:

kobebryant

Reaction score
Hawks best move was extending Bennett for 9-10 per back in December, especially considering Calais got 14+ per on the open market.

Those Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett extensions can be done after the 2017 season and are going to be pretty big too considering what Olivier Vernon and Robert Woods are getting.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3w4217vf said:
When Brady retires, the Patriots are toast.

Disagree.

Belichick is the key to their success. Brady is just a "tool" that Belichick knows how to use and build around.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":32aywipg said:
Siouxhawk":32aywipg said:

Wrong.

Belichick is the key to their success. Brady is just a "tool" that Belichick knows how to use and build around.
Don't agree. They will be nowhere as invincible when Tommy leaves.

mikeak

Reaction score
Seymour":vce1ck98 said:
Siouxhawk":vce1ck98 said:

Disagree.

Yep Belicheck proved this with those prior success he had before Brady............ :sarcasm_off:

Steve2222

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":jwm8ntd8 said:
Steve2222":jwm8ntd8 said:
sutz":jwm8ntd8 said:
Strange, but I seem to recall that almost every time they went for a "splashy" FA/trade, it bombed.

We don't have the cash to outbid most of the other teams in the league. Need to be wiser this year, not big risk takers.

Sidney Rice, Zach Miller, Cliff Avril, and Michael Bennett were all huge free agency signings made during the Schneider and Pete era. All of those players were the #1 rated free agent at their position the year the Seahawks signed them....with Avril and Bennett being #1 and #2 in the same free agency class.

I wouldn't say any of those splash free agent signings bombed. Sidney and Zach were instrumental in the 2012 season, which laid the groundwork for our 13 Super Bowl Season. Michael Bennett and Cliff need no explanation. They're currently top players at their position in the league.

What we usually bomb at was trading away our first round pick for Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham. Percy, because he's a nutcase. And Graham, because our OC is incompetent and doesn't know how to utilize one of the greatest offensive weapons in the game.
Graham just established a franchise record for tight end yardage in a year he's coming off a major injury. He is being used efficiently and will have an even more impactful season this year.

That's great and all, but historically TE is one of the worst positions the Seahawks have had, so is that really saying much?

Graham should be putting up Gronk numbers.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
His numbers will be better as our offensive line becomes more consistent. He exceeded Gronk's numbers last season.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2azt5sob said:
Seymour":2azt5sob said:
Siouxhawk":2azt5sob said:

Wrong.

Don't agree. They will be nowhere as invincible when Tommy leaves.

Brady no doubt is big in their current success, but not as big as Belichick, and they are not "toast". He will just build a strong defense and win that way. He has the ability to change year to year, game to game, and even play to play to exploit the other teams weakness.
None of that silliness we lean on "it's not about them it's about us"....won't change crap.

I would trade Pete for Belichick in a heartbeat, and I like Pete (mostly) and hate Bill.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3l5ncxi4 said:

Only if Belichick retires with him.

Patriot's were 11-5 without Brady for an entire season, and 3-1 without him last year. Belichick is the key, not Brady.

Every single year the Patriot's churn their roster over, trade top talent.........and never miss a beat.