Interesting Jimmy Stats

semiahmoo

Reaction score
joeseahawks":129uel71 said:
Just in case you guys don't understand it ... we are saving Jimmy for the playoffs... Remember our tall receiver who had zero passes during the season and 100 yards in the SB?

Sneaky Pete??

cymatica

Reaction score
chris98251":2tjy7atz said:
Having Vannett play the H back with Reese as a RB or use Reese, split Jimmy out, when you want to change it up have Jimmy come in motion and set on the line and create a big package and release Vannett, lots of ways to shuffle and disguise things.

And use Reece as a blocker for the inevitable wiff coming from ifedi. Or put extra lineman at guard and we can just play with 2 right tackles.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3m7and6d said:
I heard something pretty interesting when watching the Kansas City/Denver game the other day. The announcers mentioned something Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith said about his tight end.

To paraphrase, Smith said: "I looked at the film after the game and realized I'd only targeted Kelce once the entire game. I realized I needed to get the ball to him more often whether I thought he was open or not because he's so good."

That game, Kelce had 11 catches for 160 yards and a touchdown.

It may be that we hear or see something similar from Russell Wilson regarding Jimmy Graham. Whether that's on Bevell's play calling or Wilson's actually targeting him in those plays is up for conjecture. You can discuss that part among yourselves, but I thought that quote was very interesting with regards to our own tight end issues.

This. Russ sure as hell at times just '' puts it up'' for kearse and i get so pissed thinking about how much more likely a completion would be if he just did the same for Jimmy.

On that note, am i the only one who feels like Russ isn't giving the receivers a chance this season on the 50/50 balls?. Just seems like so many have sailed on him to where it's 4 yards over the receivers heads and out of bounds instead of a viable sideline throw...