Interesting stat

olyfan63

Reaction score
The Ravens run stop win rate is 25th in the league...at 30%

How much do you guys think this stat will affect the game?

LTH
If so, we are going to see some Thunder and Lightning. I like how they've been giving Charbonnet more carries lately, not too much, to still give Walker his reps, but enough for ZC to show what he can do.

I also wonder if that stat reflects other things, like the Ravens being ahead and the runs being against a light box that is designed for pass defense against a team trailing by 2 scores. Or does the stat in question take game situation into account?

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
If so, we are going to see some Thunder and Lightning. I like how they've been giving Charbonnet more carries lately, not too much, to still give Walker his reps, but enough for ZC to show what he can do.

I also wonder if that stat reflects other things, like the Ravens being ahead and the runs being against a light box that is designed for pass defense against a team trailing by 2 scores. Or does the stat in question take game situation into account?
I don't know I have not watched the Ravens much. I just saw that stat and I was thinking... they NEED to establish the run early and often against this D.

Waldron needs to be very creative on 3rd down any thing less than a 50% third down conversion rate is not going to give the run game enough reps to win this game as I see it.

Thoughts?

LTH

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Idk Peters has been the stabilizing force for this Oline ever since he was signed, I think the Oline would have been much worse without his mentoring, now he’s suiting up and the run game did some quality things last week with Peters actually on the field. I think he’s going to help this team big time to get to where they need to get on offense. You get that ground game going at a consistently dominant level unlocks the two things Geno has shown quality in at QB, play-action and deep passing.

knownone

Reaction score
It's hard to say because they grade well in most other run defense metrics.

Reactions: LTH
OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
It's hard to say because they grade well in most other run defense metrics.
That's an interesting point...

I just think they have to keep that pass rush honest and respecting the Seattle run game andbif Seattle can get the run game going and take advantage of that stat on the field that's going to give Geno a chance to launch one down field for maybe the winning score. I mean even if the Hawks don't get 100 yards rushing it's still important to pound them with the run game. The key to the whole thing is to be efficient on 3rd down to get enough run reps to make that Ravens D respect the run game... this to me is the Key to the whole game.

LTH

ivotuk

Reaction score

This. Is always a great consideration that many people fail to account for. "Complimentary Football" goes for reviewing defenses too. Did the special teams give up big returns yet pin their own team inside the 20?

I think it was 2 years ago the Titans came to town, and they ran Derrick Henry over and over and over, only getting about 3 ypc, but at the end of the game, he broke a couple because he had worn our defense down, and a "mediocre" team beat us at home.

There was a game this year, can't remember, but the same strategy worked. Keep poundin' the rock.

What I round really interesting was the breakdown videos posted on here showed how Waldron would select a play based on 95 being on or off the field, and to set up plays later in the game, and later in the season. "They ran this same play in every game with 2 TEs in the backfield, but each play was different. Run, Screen, Roll Out, deep pass."

Make them look the same all of the time.

I think Baltimore is a good all around team, they are experts at Complimentary Football, and that's how they win a lot. Being a former ST Coach, John Harbaugh places a lot of importance on ST, and sometimes it wins games for him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Idk Peters has been the stabilizing force for this Oline ever since he was signed, I think the Oline would have been much worse without his mentoring, now he’s suiting up and the run game did some quality things last week with Peters actually on the field. I think he’s going to help this team big time to get to where they need to get on offense. You get that ground game going at a consistently dominant level unlocks the two things Geno has shown quality in at QB, play-action and deep passing.
Yes. Yes. and Yes!

Even though Geno's getting good protection, there are too many passing plays. That "Oh My God!" when Aaron Donald came through untouched has me wondering if he's gotten hit real hard and it's making him jumpy.

Even so, Geno is an elite game processor. But Shane needs to take some pressure off of him. I think those INTs are getting in to Geno's head.

Like Colt McCoy said, Waldron needs to give Geno some "gimmee plays," where he catches the ball, turns his brain off, and reacts.

I hate those timing plays where the QB throws the ball to a spot, because so much can happen between the time the QB is winding up, and when the ball arrives.

Rat

Reaction score
Bored at work and thought I'd look at the last few weeks against them:

Cards
Emari Demercado - 20 carries 78 yards (3.9ypc)
Josh Dobbs (QB) - 6 carries 26 yards 1 TD

Lions
Jahmyr Gibbs - 11 carries 68 yards (6.2ypc) 1 TD
Craig Reynolds - 3 carries 16 yards (5.3ypc)

Titans
Derrick Henry - 12 carries 97 yards (8.1ypc) 1 TD
Malik Willis (QB) - 3 carries 17 yards (5.7ypc)
Tyjae Sharpe - 4 carries 15 yards (3.8ypc)

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
We need to get the Tight Ends involved more. Seems like when we use them, it opens everything else up.
Again. As already stated in another thread;

If I don't see some 3 TE sets tomorrow, I'm gonna throw something at my TV. It might just be a dog plush toy. But it will be something.

;) Or something like this:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Do it… Black Friday is around the corner.

Just make sure to record it and post it… it’s always funny when people go full ape, haven’t seen someone smash or punch a TV for not utilizing a formation though, not necessarily even after live event loss but the tantrums I’ve seen people throw, controller and all, for losing at a video game is just on different level.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I expect some of this.
San Fermin Spain GIF by Storyful

With a little bit of this.
I just want to see the young HBs go off, lol. It would just be fun to see, so why not against Baltimore.

morgulon1

Reaction score

Some of this ? Greased lightning

toffee

Reaction score
Bored at work and thought I'd look at the last few weeks against them:

Cards
Emari Demercado - 20 carries 78 yards (3.9ypc)
Josh Dobbs (QB) - 6 carries 26 yards 1 TD

Lions
Jahmyr Gibbs - 11 carries 68 yards (6.2ypc) 1 TD
Craig Reynolds - 3 carries 16 yards (5.3ypc)

Titans
Derrick Henry - 12 carries 97 yards (8.1ypc) 1 TD
Malik Willis (QB) - 3 carries 17 yards (5.7ypc)
Tyjae Sharpe - 4 carries 15 yards (3.8ypc)
Maybe we should have Charbonnet 65% / k9 35% in the first 2 1/2 quarters, then have k9 80% / Charbonnet 20% in the last 1 1/2 quarter?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Are you against people being held accountable for their performance on the job?
psssst.... don't mention WRs and YAC. All I gotta say ;)

And for the 3 probable fans of Fawlty Towers here - the translation: "Whatever you do... don't mention the war!"

;)