Is Baldwin even a decent slot guy?

seahawks08

Reaction score
RW does not throw well from the pocket to slot because he can't see. He scrambles to find throwing lanes and its is better to gun and come back for the ball. We need a tall receiver to compliment Baldwin for him to make the difference.

Schadie001

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":338oca88 said:
I don't get the whole #1/#2/#3 WR thing. Why is it important to rank them?

It's like we need to decide ahead of time who is going to be catching the most balls or something. Or better yet, help the opponent prepare.

Wide-outs, a slot guy, and a tight end.

done.

:roll:

Agree 1000%. Most believe we don't have the unicorn #1 WR, and guess what we don't need one. We made 2 SB's with a group of undrafted guys. Our offense is not predicated on having one dominate WR and never will be. We just need guys who can run a solid route and catch the dam ball.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Schadie001":e7kh1xyc said:
HoustonHawk82":e7kh1xyc said:
I don't get the whole #1/#2/#3 WR thing. Why is it important to rank them?

It's like we need to decide ahead of time who is going to be catching the most balls or something. Or better yet, help the opponent prepare.

Wide-outs, a slot guy, and a tight end.

done.

:roll:

Agree 1000%. Most believe we don't have the unicorn #1 WR, and guess what we don't need one. We made 2 SB's with a group of undrafted guys. Our offense is not predicated on having one dominate WR and never will be. We just need guys who can run a solid route and catch the dam ball.

Agreed, we don't need a megatron type receiver, but we do need a guy who can consistently do what Sydney Rice used to do and what Matthews showed us a bit of in the Super Bowl, and that's the ability to catch the ball in traffic. To just go up and take the ball no matter if he's "covered" or not.

I don't know if Matthews is going to be consistent enough to be that guy or not, but if he can play consistently like he did in the Super Bowl, we would be in fantastic shape.

hawksurething

Reaction score
seahawks08":3oobhoy0 said:
RW does not throw well from the pocket to slot because he can't see. He scrambles to find throwing lanes and its is better to gun and come back for the ball. We need a tall receiver to compliment Baldwin for him to make the difference.

Yep 5'10 throwing to 5'10 only produced 3TDs. Your 100% right,I love people with good insight. We already MIGHT have 1 big WR Matt... Now all we need is a sure big WR while Matt continues to develop his weaknesses away. Just watch how Baldwin lights the slot position up when he has help surrounding him.

Latest posts