Is Bruce Arians our new Harbaugh rival?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Even though coach Arians has been in the NFC West for a few seasons now, his act is beginning to grow a little tiresome.

What act, you may ask? Him blaming the officiating, basically questioning Seattle's defensive philosophy for playing physical with the receivers. In Michelle Tafoya's halftime report in last night's game, he said something along the lines of "it would be nice if they would call them for holding once in awhile."

After the game, he had this to say: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -of-calls/

Basically the same stuff, blaming the officiating.

So I ask, has Arians become that new head coach rival that we all look to "hate" and can't wait to beat like Jim Harbaugh? Have the Cardinals replaced the 49ers as the ultimate rival we want and need to beat?

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
I dunno - you may hate the guy, but it doesn't have that rivalry feel like Harbaugh-Carroll did. And BA is usually more aware of the rules than the officiating crews during the game, which always surprises me (not saying his desire for a penalty flag is warranted, but when he sees a foul that the officials miss rulebook wise - he goes batshit since the zebras 'should' know more than the coaches during the game).

But no one will replace Harbaugh - he made the rivalry great; Fisher and BA are bad knock-offs in comparison.

chawx

Reaction score
Yes. 100%

He's getting really close to Harbaugh level of hatred for me. The complaining about the refs not doing him any favors is a GD joke. Just like when Harbaugh would complain about the refs all the time too. I hate when coaches, players, etc. think they NEVER get any calls for them only calls against them. Look, it's both ways 99% of the time (excluding XL* where the actual ref came out and told us it wasn't fair officiating) in fact, I would beg to differ that HIS team was getting the benefit on the calls for a majority of the game. 90% of every good play we got was called back. I would say, only 20% of every good play they had got called back.

Wake up, Bruce, you didn't lose this game from the refs, you lost it because your arrogance/idiocy —you left points on the field. Whether your guy would have made the kicks or not is a moot point because you didn't even give your team the chance. Look in the mirror at your disgusting red face if you want to blame someone for the missed opportunity / tie. Jerk.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
He's such a whiner.. what a douche he's become.

12thbrah

Reaction score
New Harbaugh by default. I don't regard BA as the same level of coach as Harbaugh.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't think he's as good as Harbaugh, but he's just as big a douche.

At halftime he said "we'd be just fine if they quit holding us". Funny because any time the Seahawks looked like they were going to get something going offensively, there was an asinine phantom hold on our OL. 3 of those were horrificlally bad. Then the camera pans to the sidelines as soon as a flag is down and Arians is pointing the other way like he KNOWS who's getting called.

He can suck it. Another missed face mask on Russ (wtf NFL? protecting QB's much?), 3 ridiculously bad calls, and a totally missed delay of game. Seriously, the clock is 00's. How do you miss that ?

Go back to the Jets game. The Jets had at least 4 DPI calls go against them where the guy wasn't even touching the WR at all. They get more than their fair share of calls, he can STFU.

Oh we can also add that Floyd is one of the worst blocking WR's in football. He has the sloppiest technique; he just hugs guys and always has his hands outside the frame of the body. Fitz gets away with quite a few as well, but at least he's a good blocker most of the time. Think Arians feels bad about this ?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The guy is a clown.

Throwing his kicker under the bus when he himself made plenty of mistakes in the game was BA classy as well.

Do we remember his "new sheriff in town" quote?

His pretending he didnt care about 36-6 after getting embarrassed?

His unprofessional crying on NBC last night takes the cake though.

Total douche

randomation

Reaction score
No I don't like Harbaugh but he is 10 times the coach that Arians is and I doubt he would throw his kicker under the bus like Arians just did. It's the same reason I can't stand Bevell for his comments after the super bowl about Lock.

Geologic

Reaction score
Harbaugh owns and is a legit coach. I respected the hell out of him even though I hated his team due to the rivalry. Look at Michigan. He took that dumpster of a college team to a national championship contender.

Bruce Arians is a fraud on the other hand.

Jville

Reaction score
I have no problem with Bruce Arians. He is a successful coach that fights for every win.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/790634592650747905[/tweet]

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Jville":30qnukjg said:
I have no problem with Bruce Arians. He is a successful coach that fights for every win.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/790634592650747905[/tweet]

There are lots of ways to fight for wins.

No need to be a complete toolbag on your way there.

Seeing him up close and personal here in the desert, I can guarantee you his douchiness doesnt end when the Cards arent playing Seattle.

Complete Clown

davidonmi

Reaction score
His comments at halftime were petulent and made him look like a 5 year old.

Boohman14

Reaction score
He's no Harbaugh. Harbaugh was an animated intense jackass who seemed about 10 seconds away from a stroke or seizure. Arians is an example of what's wrong with the NFL. He whines about officiating without seeing the big picture. Fans are getting turned off by all the crappy calls and big play killing penalties every game. I mean all my co-workers were talking about today was Bobby Wagner jumping the line and blocking the FG. Best action of the night. Yes his foot slid across the jersey of Booher but it was nothing. If I had no Fan interest in that game that would have been the high point. These dullards wanting all these penalties are sucking the life out of football.