Is it on Russell tonight?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
davidonmi":3munbp5c said:
some of it was on him, some of it wasn't.
the 1st fumble imo was on the snap, the 2nd was on him

This.. the 2nd he just needs to tuck the ball and take the sack...

but when he starts doing that he's not Russel anymore. You take the good with the bad.

Credit needs to go to the Lions though. They were decimated on D at the end and still battled to give their team a chance at a win. I don't know why NFL fans are so easy to dismiss professional football players as viable opponents. Nothing is easy in the league. you can't just "be" better than your opponent, you have to actually "play" better as well.

erik2690

Reaction score
I feel like the lack of solid runs gets overlooked a bit. I mean these first 4 games we've shifted a bit I think mostly out of necessity. I think it is important to at least factor in the natural growing pains of more dropbacks/passes while also doing it behind this line.

aawolf

Reaction score
I just watched the highlights and focused specifically on the sacks and sack-fumbles. Here is a link, as I don't know how to make GIFS.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... ns_at.html

On the first sack, nobody was looking for the pass at that instant, as Ziggy Ansah went untouched into the backfield.

On the second sack of the highlight, similarly, they were in the backfield in under two seconds.

On the first strip sack, I think Russell should have given the ball to Rawls on the read option, as Ansah blew him up immediately. However, its likely that Ansah would have blown up Rawls to the same result had he handed the ball off as he was in the backfield at the exchange. I think this one's kind of on Russell though.

On the second strip sack, which led to a TD, multiple Lions were in the backfield immediately. Russell was dead on this play, as there was absolutely no time to even hit a check down receiver. It wasn't a blitz either, it was just two O-linemen getting beat off the ball.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
How the heck do you get that his passing was off target?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm starting to think this jammer ask and spindock are the same person.

Seahawks1Fan

Reaction score
I know everyone has their own opinions and God bless them for it but I don't see how anyone can say that tonight was Wilson's worst game as a pro?

Wilson was one of the main reasons we won tonight turning crap situations into spectacular plays!
Yes, he fumbled twice and that sucked but my God, without him, we probably don't even score tonight!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":yj135xlu said:
Any other qb gets sacked 10 plus times.

Go back to Stafford's excellent throw straight into the LOB, the one before "The Touchback" reception. Count how long Stafford needs to throw. It's dropback, set, throw. Two seconds. No pressure would ever get there before the throw were released, not even the kind that Wilson is facing.

Most people just don't realize that if you're still holding onto the ball after three seconds, it's a broken play and your QB is already in improvisation territory. OL's aren't intended to protect that long. If they can do it, great. You've got a Ferrari instead of a Civic. You're also on the hook for every penny it costs. Ever wondered why Dallas and New Orleans rarely see a Super Bowl? They can't afford a defense.

Pete can. And after last night's ending, I'm not complaining.