Is It Safe To Say PRich Is A Bust?

xgeoff

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1lo3midr said:
Good thing we passed on Allen Robinson.

Sigh.

Yeah, PRich is a bust and it's been obvious since he first stepped on the field. He has amazing speed on the track but is NOT fast on the field. He does not have *game* speed. He does not take the top off the defense. He doesn't achieve separation on his routes.

He has good hands, then again so does Kenny Lawler, it doesn't make him worthy of a 2nd round pick.

I like McEvoy better. I like his route running better, I like how he attacks that ball using his 6'6" height. And I like his game speed. That being said, the sample size is really too small on McEvoy. I don't see much happening with PRich though...

SeaChat

Reaction score
You can't call him out if you don't give him the ball. When we have gone to him he has come thru for us time and again. We have an elite receiver core right now, and for what we are paying him at present, he's and ace up our sleeve. God forbid Graham, Baldwin, Kearse, or Tyler, get hurt and unable to play a few games, I think we will all be greatfull as can be that we have him there to make plays for us. Someone else said it earlier in this thread, that if we start dumping players who get injured, we will be dumping half our team each year. This is the NFL, its not a matter of if, its only a matter of when and how bad you'll get injured. I do believe that superior conditioning leads to fewer and less serious injuries, and quicker recovery rates when an injury does occur. Players who start getting injured more frequently and take longer to recover are likely slacking in training, or have stopped going that extra mile they used to go when they entered the NFL, and that got them here to start with.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
pacific101":3974ubnz said:
You can't call him out if you don't give him the ball. . We have an elite receiver core right now, and for what we are paying him at present, he's and ace up our sleeve. God forbid Graham, Baldwin, Kearse, or Tyler, get hurt and unable to play a few games, I think we will all be greatfull as can be that we have him there to make plays for us. Someone else said it earlier in this thread, that if we start dumping players who get injured, we will be dumping half our team each year. This is the NFL, its not a matter of if, its only a matter of when and how bad you'll get injured. I do believe that superior conditioning leads to fewer and less serious injuries, and quicker recovery rates when an injury does occur. Players who start getting injured more frequently and take longer to recover are likely slacking in training, or have stopped going that extra mile they used to go when they entered the NFL, and that got them here to start with.

You can't be serious?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
brimsalabim":8kgd1m7h said:
pacific101":8kgd1m7h said:
You can't call him out if you don't give him the ball. . We have an elite receiver core right now, and for what we are paying him at present, he's and ace up our sleeve. God forbid Graham, Baldwin, Kearse, or Tyler, get hurt and unable to play a few games, I think we will all be greatfull as can be that we have him there to make plays for us. Someone else said it earlier in this thread, that if we start dumping players who get injured, we will be dumping half our team each year. This is the NFL, its not a matter of if, its only a matter of when and how bad you'll get injured. I do believe that superior conditioning leads to fewer and less serious injuries, and quicker recovery rates when an injury does occur. Players who start getting injured more frequently and take longer to recover are likely slacking in training, or have stopped going that extra mile they used to go when they entered the NFL, and that got them here to start with.

You can't be serious?

He's as serious as a heart attack!!! BTW....that doesn't make him right!

randomation

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3v7pkgi6 said:
I don't think it's fair to say he's been outplayed by McEvoy.

Not to diminish what McEvoy has done, but has he ever caught a pass in which he wasn't left completely uncovered? His invisible cloak play is probably only going to work for so long.

Tanner is "left uncovered" because he has 4.4 speed with a good starting burst and is one of the players who seems faster in pads compared to others. He also has a massive catch radius due to his size. Basically he is a mismatch on both corners who are shorter and LBs who tend to be slower than him. I fully expect him to be the steal of the draft and possibly the most impactful player out of it for the hawks besides possibly Ifedi.

Largent80

Reaction score
I have a feeling that Paul will end up making some huge plays for us as time goes on. Who knows, we may get an injury to another WR and there he is, healthy for the first time.

Don't count him out.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Absolutely. It was a terrible pick at the time with Allen Robinson still on the board and the results have actually been below what you could have hoped for, even with very reasonable, modest expectations.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To the question posed: is Richardson a bust? Ans: absolutely not.

Largent80

Reaction score
Anyone thinking P-Rich is a bust must think P & J are insane.

They make mistakes like everyone but Richardson is hardly a bust.

You wait. By the end of the year, he will be making all of you eat your words.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Is PRich looking slightly better than bust, now that he's on the field? He's actually been useful on the field lately... Or is that he still a bust for underperforming relative to his draft position?

sutz

Reaction score
It's better for my blood pressure if I don't worry about this kind of stuff. ;)

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I would say everyone on offense has looked like a bust.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Everything goes out the window with this offensive line. Receivers have to get open in 2.4 seconds and running backs have to make a guy miss just to get the handoff.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Can't judge an offensive skill player in this offense. I'll wait for him to go somewhere else prior to making that decision.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3ma69ef1 said:
McGruff":3ma69ef1 said:
Is it safe to say PRich is a bust?

Probably not to his face . . .

Dude weighs like 92 lbs. I could sneeze him off his feet.

:stirthepot:

So he has gained weight??? :stirthepot:

He looked pretty good in the loss last week. No, he is not a bust.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think he just needs more snaps. He looks good when given the opportunity. I would rather roll with McEvoy, PRich etc then pay the 4+ million we have tied up in Kearse next year but I realize I'm in the minority on that one. Hated that contract then and hate it even more now with all the problems on the o-line.

SeaChat

Reaction score
brimsalabim":wlvvmlji said:
pacific101":wlvvmlji said:

You can't be serious?

Yes I'm serious, and yes that in and of itself doesn't make it so. Jimmy Graham, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Tyler Lockett, Luke Wilson, and some promising rookies in the making. I can't control how everyone else views this receiver core, but the majority of the NFL coaches would give up their left nut to bring any one of these guys into their fold.
Personally I don't understand how anyone could define these guys as anything but an elite reciever core, much less another Seahawk fan.

I'm not the first nor the last 12 to comment on how many angry and seemingly hate filled threads and post appear here after every game, seem how well or how badly they played, its always showing up.

I'm not saying everyone should jet in here and fill up the post with sunshine and lollipops, and while finding some of these angry , hateful post in other team forums would be expected, it seems to me if a person is truly a fan, any insights or criticisms they offered would be presented in a constructive and helpful manner.

Pete, Darrell, and most all of the other coaches and players read through this forum. I've heard Pete comment on more than one occasion refference comments in this forum that have been talked about in Monday meetings where they are all gathered.

I don't know if individual post are discussed or if things are collectively brought out as part of their discussions. Probably a little of both. As a 12 I want to try and bring as much positive energy to this forum as I can inject. I know hands on what impact having people believe in you and supporting you can bring about.

A little goes a long ways and often times is what pushes an athlete or a human being in general, to step up from mediocrity to greatness. When that does happen I'd like to think I somehow contributed to that, rather than be credited with beating the self confidence and self worth out of someone. Life offers up enough of that to more than go around. GO SEAHAWKS !!!