Is It Safe To Say PRich Is A Bust?

Hawks46

Reaction score
austinslater25":1z0ycejp said:
I think he just needs more snaps. He looks good when given the opportunity. I would rather roll with McEvoy, PRich etc then pay the 4+ million we have tied up in Kearse next year but I realize I'm in the minority on that one. Hated that contract then and hate it even more now with all the problems on the o-line.

I understood why they did it, but I'd agree. I know why Kearse is on the field, but I think Richardson could be more dynamic with more snaps and I'd like to see more of McEvoy.

RIchardson is one of our best route runners, has elite speed, can win jump balls and is effective anywhere from short to very deep. Honestly can't say that about Kearse.

chris98251

Reaction score
Someone has to be a back up, bust is a strong word, we have seen him when he gets a chance make plays, his biggest issue is his size, we use our receivers to block a lot, he is to slight to use a lot as a slot guy like we use Baldwin and Lockett so his roll and opportunity is limited, also Lockett doing Punt and Kick offs takes a roll away from him he was doing as well.

Blame Lockett for being so good more the Richardson being bad.

ivotuk

Reaction score
sutz":17kegfvk said:
It's better for my blood pressure if I don't worry about this kind of stuff. ;)

Good Lord, mine too. I've doubled my medication lately :eek:verhead_clap: :enraged:

justafan

Reaction score
I dont believe there is a team in the league that gives a player every opportunity to earn his playing time like the Hawks do.Regardless of draft position.

I believe he is a bust here in our system.If you cant beat out undrafted free agents for time thats all on you.

He may succeed somewhere else but here he isnt getting it done and was the wrong pick IMO.

And Bitonio would have been the right pick.If he was here he may not have been injured.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
PRich as the 4th deep receiver is (so far) 8 catches, at 14.5 YPC. That YPC number is up there with Graham and ahead of ADB.

It's 'Safe To Say' this is yet another silly thread.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
The sharpest arrow in the quiver is only as accurate as the Archer who weilds it.

Bevells no archer. :evil:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":169twmsd said:
The sharpest arrow in the quiver is only as accurate as the Archer who weilds it.

Bevells no archer. :evil:
We had an archer on our team once. It didn't go so well.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2l4b4pgc said:
PRich as the 4th deep receiver is (so far) 8 catches, at 14.5 YPC. That YPC number is up there with Graham and ahead of ADB.

It's 'Safe To Say' this is yet another silly thread.

How is it silly? He may not be a bust, but the question is definitely worth asking. He was a 2nd round pick and his career stats look what Julio Jones can do in two games. There is no doubt the production is not there, but there are obvious reasons that have kept him off the field. Regarldess, when you draft a WR in the 2nd round, you expect them to have better production.

PRich is the common case of a young kid who got hurt early in his career and fell behind on the team depth chart. Not sure if he will ever become something in Seattle, but maybe somewhere else. If he couldn't break the depth chart with Lockett ailing and Kearse almost non-existant, I just don't see him getting reps on this team.

RW92

Reaction score
As has been already stated he isn't a bust. We don't use him enough. I'll tell you this. His 40 time is faster than Kearse's. That I do know.

Put him in there more often and let him get a feel for the game more and we will see better results.

Word.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
RW92":3p26q1wl said:
As has been already stated he isn't a bust. We don't use him enough. I'll tell you this. His 40 time is faster than Kearse's. That I do know.

Put him in there more often and let him get a feel for the game more and we will see better results.

Word.

40 time is not even close to the most important trait for a receiver. Kinda kinda like height being overrated for a QB. I am sure whatever reason Pete and company have for not playing more is more valid than your conjecture.

RW92

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":90gdsuwo said:
RW92":90gdsuwo said:

Word.

40 time is not even close to the most important trait for a receiver. Kinda kinda like height being overrated for a QB. I am sure whatever reason Pete and company have for not playing more is more valid than your conjecture.

I guess you're right. Kearse will out perform him, so continue with the status quo which is struggling.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It think it's still early to pass the bust judgment on PRich. He showed signs of what he could be toward the end of 2014. But his career has been derailed by injuries. Let him get back to being healthy and see what he has. I believe he can be like a Desean Jackson. Jackson has the same frame as PRich and does fine. If he can be half of what Jackson is, then that will be pretty good for the Seahawks. He's on a team that doesn't need him to be a #1 WR. So if he can be a solid #3 or 4 WR, that would be good enough.

hburn21

Reaction score
I really wish p-rich would get more playing time because he has a great ability to create separation right off the line of scrimmage.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
RW92":3vdw0ibg said:
Year of The Hawk":3vdw0ibg said:
RW92":3vdw0ibg said:

Word.

I guess you're right. Kearse will out perform him, so continue with the status quo which is struggling.

If you think switching out PRich for Kearse will fix our offensive issues then I guess Pete should be fired for such an easy oversight.
BTW Kearse has made some of the most important catches for this franchise. He has proven his worth.

I guess you are part of the AL Davis just draft the fastest guy policy. I see that worked well.......

HawkGA

Reaction score
Yes, because every disagreement with something the team is doing automatically means one thinks the head coach should be fired.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":1wn1jtbm said:
Yes, because every disagreement with something the team is doing automatically means one thinks the head coach should be fired.
The fire Pete was a bit of sarcasm.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Easily his best game this season. Could have had a TD if RW gave him a chance in the endzone earlier.

Latest posts