Is Jimmy Graham already getting restless?

12thbrah

Reaction score
Russ and Jimmy practice against the league's best secondary every week. There is no excuse for not getting him the ball.

kearly

Reaction score
It's as if all of this happened just so that someone could say "He Russelled his Jimmies" without a hint of irony.

I'd bet good money that Graham leads the team in catches this week. He might even break 100 yards. As they say, "The squeaky wheel gets the... Bears."

hotroute101

Reaction score
Heck, most of the fan base is unhappy Jimmy is not getting the ball. So, why shouldn't he be? It's good he is making some noise. Pete will have to fix it one way or another.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
hotroute101":2s1sez0b said:
Heck, most of the fan base is unhappy Jimmy is not getting the ball. So, why shouldn't he be? It's good he is making some noise. Pete will have to fix it one way or another.

Pretty sensible 1st post right there. Exactly what I was thinking.

Welcome, btw.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I don't care if he doesn't catch one single pass as long as we win ... which is really the point, isn't it?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":zoh8y2u0 said:
I don't care if he doesn't catch one single pass as long as we win ... which is really the point, isn't it?

There just might be some correlation as to why the Seahawks have lost their first two games and Jimmy not getting the ball. What they HAVE done isn't working, so maybe they should try something simple like getting Jimmy involved.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":28uncrx4 said:

This is a ridiculous take.

Jimmy Graham is such a talented player, and including him in the offense and feeding him the ball definitely doesn't hurt your chances of winning.

Throwing it to him twice, one of which was a hot read that he wasn't even expecting on a free play though, clearly didn't help us against the Packers.

He's the second best TE in the game behind Gronk, and we are using him like he's Cooper Helfet. That has to change.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":v3dbhyx4 said:
Hasselbeck":v3dbhyx4 said:
Poor Jimmy.. he wasn't getting targets in games, and now Kam is back to practice so he probably wont get targets there either.
Or maybe he'll grow a set like Lockett and when he's back, Richardson and become better because of practicing against the best.

Joke

Your head.

;)

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
10626604_10102714540795656_2270007621970919993_n.jpg

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":36xc5eqk said:
Siouxhawk":36xc5eqk said:

This is a ridiculous take.

Jimmy Graham is such a talented player, and including him in the offense and feeding him the ball definitely doesn't hurt your chances of winning.

Throwing it to him twice, one of which was a hot read that he wasn't even expecting on a free play though, clearly didn't help us against the Packers.

He's the second best TE in the game behind Gronk, and we are using him like he's Cooper Helfet. That has to change.
No, it's the right take. If you don't understand that the ultimate objective is to win, as I stated, you have no concept of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not adverse to Jimmy getting the ball. He is a major weapon in our offense. But if he is double- and triple- teamed, leaving Baldwin, Willson, Kearse et all open, then I'm fine with Russell just finding the open man. To force-feed Jimmy in this scenario would be foolish and decrease our chances of winning.

Besides, the passing game wasn't the problem last Sunday. Get the running game going and we're home free

netskier

Reaction score
I don't think that will happen until Nowak becomes a good blocker in the run game. What do you suggest we do until then?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
netskier":108p669u said:
I don't think that will happen until Nowak becomes a good blocker in the run game. What do you suggest we do until then?
Sunday's second half gives me encouragement that Nowak and the line are coming together. Plus getting the Bears comes at a nice time. And with Kam back, we'll have our swagger that's been absent the first two weeks and the whole team feeds off of that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I agree that Graham needs to get the ball more.

But it's only been two games, and we've played two good defenses who know how to scheme us. So the Rams and Packers have to get some credit with Graham's production.

I'm sure the Saints fans were going crazy after every game we beat them asking why Graham wasn't getting the ball. Dude's not going to catch 10 balls and 2 TD's a game, gotta give the other team's defense some credit in this equation.

Latest posts