Graham Pissed @ Bevell?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2j8d6zyi said:
scrummymustard":2j8d6zyi said:
What point? That you blindly support Bevell no matter what, the OL is just fine, and anyone who questions this team is not a fan?

I guess you think 7 goaline plays with 0 points, abandoning the run right when it works, not using Graham correctly if at all, and 0 yards in the first quarter is just fine. 14 of the points came in the final minutes out of desparation and some late game heroics.

Yes the defense blew it, but the offense was the culprit for more than half the game
First of all, scoring 31 in a game normally merits a win. I love our defense, but it was sure exploited today, especially in the fourth quarter when we needed a stop.

I thought Bevell called a great game. Four different receivers caught TD passes. It's the same old problem -- poor run blocking execution produces little on the ground. It was nice to see Collins bull his way with some nice carries though.

You thought Bevell called a great game? What about the 7 plays in the red zone right before halftime that resulted in 0 yards? That resulted in 0 targets for arguably the best red zone option in the entire NFL with Graham. And those same plays, where Graham who is honestly a top 10 playmaker in the Nfl is pass blocking inside the 10 when we are down 2 touchdowns?

There is literally nothing you can say to defend that. He had 2 targets tonight. 2. How is that even possible.
Just because he had just 2 targets, doesn't mean he wasn't running the routes. Russ has to, you know, throw the ball in his direction.
Also, if you've watched this team, you would know that our offensive line is really struggling right now. That results in way too many hurries in which Russ doesn't have time to set up to throw, let alone make any reads. That's the biggest issue with our offense.
We scored 31. That s should win you most games. We needed defensive stops and didn't get them.

when passing inside the 10 yard line, the offensive line is irrelevant.

Here's a concept for you, how about motioning Graham out wide from the 3 point stance to be isolated 1v1? You either take the fade or the quick slant, and the offensive line can literally block no one and it doesn't matter.

When you place him on the line and have these longer developing routes, especially with this OL that is stuggling, the play is doomed from the start.

Go and watch the touchdowns he scored in New Orleans, the majority of them weren't some exotic play calls, they just were plays that were put in place to play to his strengths, whether it be high pointing balls or boxing out smaller DBs. He is one of the best playmakers in the league, especially inside the 10.

Bevell and the staff needs to stop treating him like he is Zach Miller, especially in the Red Zone, and let him actually run the routes of WRs. It's hysterical that you defend a coaching staff that treats a once in a generation talent like he is just another guy. We are one of the WORST red zone teams the NFL.
He was one of 4 receivers to catch a TD pass today. He was being utilized correctly. The goal-line stand broke down because we tried running the ball like everyone was clamoring for. Then when we tried to pass it TO POSSIBLY GRAHAM, the breakdown on the line was so atrocious that all Russ could do was throw something in the general direction of where he knew his receiver was going to be. Or he got sacked. Take your pick.
In any event, today's loss was not on the offensive coaches.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1fbcmcou said:
He was one of 4 receivers to catch a TD pass today. He was being utilized correctly. The goal-line stand broke down because we tried running the ball like everyone was clamoring for. Then when we tried to pass it TO POSSIBLY GRAHAM, the breakdown on the line was so atrocious that all Russ could do was throw something in the general direction of where he knew his receiver was going to be. Or he got sacked. Take your pick.

Let me put it this way. In your heart of hearts, do you truly believe that if we had targeted Graham a dozen times today throughout the game from start to finish in various situations that we would have still lost the game?

You don't even have to answer. Just take an honest internal assessment of the question.

mrblitz

Reaction score
Hendo66":3fz5v7dn said:
Definitely think JG and Bevell were having a pissing match in this game...I truly believe there are internal issues going on.

that makes sense. what did graham have? ... 2 targets... that was bunk.

i could see bevell making the excuse, 'well jg was double-teamed'...

newsflash: jg can beat a double-team.

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3vcx24x0 said:
He was one of 4 receivers to catch a TD pass today. He was being utilized correctly.

Wow. Just Wow.

cymatica

Reaction score
nash72":1ndv7kte said:
Siouxhawk":1ndv7kte said:
He was one of 4 receivers to catch a TD pass today. He was being utilized correctly.

Wow. Just Wow.

:34853_doh:

This must be what goes on in Bevell's head

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3bkvvkyg said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3bkvvkyg said:
You've got to love a thread like this.

Graham wants a trade, so do others.

Graham should tell them it's Bevell or him (errr... what is he going to retire?)

And presumably all of these people think Pete Carroll stands by Bevell and keeps him just to troll the team and prevent it from succeeding.

Or maybe, just maybe, the Seahawks scored 31 points today and what actually cost them was the pathetic OL, the streaky defense and the abysmal special teams?

Scapegoat.net
What's your excuse going to be when we get a new OC and our offense is considerably better AND more consistent? (It will eventually happen; I can only pray it starts for the 2017 season.)

Start compiling a private list of 'em now, because you're going to need them in the future. Reinvesting in the O-line, better offensive personnel drafting, Russell knows the offense better, magical unicorns, whatever.

You know what?

It's this type of stuff that makes this place unbearable at times.

Too many people trying to 'get one over' on someone else, pushing an agenda.

Boring.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Bevell needs to go as well as Cable. The Seahawks have invested a considerable amount of draft capital in the offense, and have acquired a big time playmaker in Graham -- yet the Seahawks offense has remained tepid. Even in the years that we were top 10 in offense we looked mediocre. Our offense treads water for half a season before they start producing. Our offense has also been poor in the first half even when we are good. We're slow to adjust to what other teams throw at us, and we're slow out of the gate. I think the team is stating to lose faith in our offensive coordinator, and quite frankly I think he should have been gone after the way he handled the Superbowl call. His response was to throw Ricardo Lockette under the bus, while Russell and Pete took the fall. That kind of thing does not go over well in the workplace.

Cable's projects have not worked out. Year after year we throw some random TE or DT into the role of guard, and tackle, hell we even have a basketball player at LT. Time after time our results are mediocre at best. Really the best result we've gotten is Britt to center, but aside from that our line play has remained ugly. It's a common theme for the Carroll era, and this year our new brand of rejects can't even open up running lanes. Cable has had many years here to prove his philosophy. It has proven to be nothing but a failure.

It is time for a change in our offense. We need to retool, and cut away some of the fat.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1wqemmtp said:
scrummymustard":1wqemmtp said:
Siouxhawk said:
What point? That you blindly support Bevell no matter what, the OL is just fine, and anyone who questions this team is not a fan?

I guess you think 7 goaline plays with 0 points, abandoning the run right when it works, not using Graham correctly if at all, and 0 yards in the first quarter is just fine. 14 of the points came in the final minutes out of desparation and some late game heroics.

Yes the defense blew it, but the offense was the culprit for more than half the game
First of all, scoring 31 in a game normally merits a win. I love our defense, but it was sure exploited today, especially in the fourth quarter when we needed a stop.

I thought Bevell called a great game. Four different receivers caught TD passes. It's the same old problem -- poor run blocking execution produces little on the ground. It was nice to see Collins bull his way with some nice carries though.

You thought Bevell called a great game? What about the 7 plays in the red zone right before halftime that resulted in 0 yards? That resulted in 0 targets for arguably the best red zone option in the entire NFL with Graham. And those same plays, where Graham who is honestly a top 10 playmaker in the Nfl is pass blocking inside the 10 when we are down 2 touchdowns?

There is literally nothing you can say to defend that. He had 2 targets tonight. 2. How is that even possible.
Just because he had just 2 targets, doesn't mean he wasn't running the routes. Russ has to, you know, throw the ball in his direction.
Also, if you've watched this team, you would know that our offensive line is really struggling right now. That results in way too many hurries in which Russ doesn't have time to set up to throw, let alone make any reads. That's the biggest issue with our offense.
We scored 31. That s should win you most games. We needed defensive stops and didn't get them.

when passing inside the 10 yard line, the offensive line is irrelevant.

Here's a concept for you, how about motioning Graham out wide from the 3 point stance to be isolated 1v1? You either take the fade or the quick slant, and the offensive line can literally block no one and it doesn't matter.

When you place him on the line and have these longer developing routes, especially with this OL that is stuggling, the play is doomed from the start.

Go and watch the touchdowns he scored in New Orleans, the majority of them weren't some exotic play calls, they just were plays that were put in place to play to his strengths, whether it be high pointing balls or boxing out smaller DBs. He is one of the best playmakers in the league, especially inside the 10.

Bevell and the staff needs to stop treating him like he is Zach Miller, especially in the Red Zone, and let him actually run the routes of WRs. It's hysterical that you defend a coaching staff that treats a once in a generation talent like he is just another guy. We are one of the WORST red zone teams the NFL.

Utilized correctly??? Wow, I'm damn near speechless.

He only scored the TD when he made an incredible catch and run for 37 yards while breaking multiple tackles. 2 targets, the other one being a check down 6 yard catch on 3rd and 21. What more does he have to do?

No one can actually justify that we use our superstar tight end correctly. It is an embarrassment.

CPHawk

Reaction score
cymatica":2hvbim6c said:
Maybe he can issue an ultimatum: "It's me or Bevell"

I'd like to think the problem is Bevell, but I actually think it's Cable. Pete lets him make way to much of the decisions on offense, and it's killed us for the last couple years. Both guys need to go imho.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Players with more targets than Graham yesterday.... Kearse, Richardson, Collins... Yuck

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
scrummymustard":14ftq4gv said:
Players with more targets than Graham yesterday.... Kearse, Richardson, Collins... Yuck
at
http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/12/24 ... estones-vs
---
Baldwin’s everything-day against Arizona included a career-high 171 yards on a career-high 13 catches, the first double-digit catching performance of Baldwin’s six-year career. Baldwin also found himself on the receiving end of one of Russell Wilson’s four touchdown throws, hauling in a 42-yard catch and run in the fourth quarter to put the Seahawks within three points of Arizona following a successful two-point conversion. The touchdown was the 36th of Baldwin's career and it moved him into fourth place on Seattle's all-time receiving touchdowns list, and into ninth place on Seattle's all-time total touchdowns list.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":1vtf1c0k said:
scrummymustard":1vtf1c0k said:
at
---
Baldwin’s everything-day against Arizona included a career-high 171 yards on a career-high 13 catches, the first double-digit catching performance of Baldwin’s six-year career. Baldwin also found himself on the receiving end of one of Russell Wilson’s four touchdown throws, hauling in a 42-yard catch and run in the fourth quarter to put the Seahawks within three points of Arizona following a successful two-point conversion. The touchdown was the 36th of Baldwin's career and it moved him into fourth place on Seattle's all-time receiving touchdowns list, and into ninth place on Seattle's all-time total touchdowns list.

Yes, Baldwin and Graham are the 2 best playmakers we have. They should both be our most targeted players.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
scrummymustard":1d5ovr72 said:
LeftHandSmoke":1d5ovr72 said:
scrummymustard":1d5ovr72 said:
at
---

Yes, Baldwin and Graham are the 2 best playmakers we have. They should both be our most targeted players.
Aren't they already the two most targeted?

RussB

Reaction score
@SIOUXHAWK

Why do you like bevell so much? Even the players on the team dont even like him anymore yet you do. Graham has been a non factor most of the season that is the OC"s fault because he doesnt create gameplans around him he uses him as a role player/blocker. O line is also crap too but thats cables fault, and cable and bevell work together. They are the ones to blame, its their job to prepare they offense and the offense is never prepared.

Graham even went to the sideline and yelled at bevell, what more proof do you need that he is the issue? You dont see graham or sherman yelling at wilson. Its always bevell. He is the problem along with tom fail.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3igcwugz said:
semiahmoo":3igcwugz said:
Jimmy seemed agitated during much of this game and after his TD was downright subdued/sullen as if to say, "SEE, THEY GET ME THE BALL ..

Remember how before he got traded Hawks fans thought "I'm Jimmy" was the biggest POS/fake tough guy in the NFL? Always scowling and skulking and staring and stomping around and so on?

He has always been like this and is likely always gonna be like this.

This has got to be one of the silliest things I've ever read on .net. So because a guy seems irritated most likely at his OC for refusing to throw the ball his way he is now ALWAYS sulking and stomping around?

Guy broke tackles and had tons of YAC for a TD, don't you think that's an indication that he should be a bigger part of the team?

As much as I thought he may be a problem coming here he has been nothing but class and has done everything he has been asked to do. He also developed a really close relationship with Russell Wilson, so I think that speaks for itself.

Glad you deleted your post but I at least had to respond, absolute nonsense.

You literally can't defend Bevell, even the apologists around here have eased up because they know he's partly to blame for our lack of success.

I swear the guy calls at least 3-4 failed bubble screens every game. Ever notice how Baldwin doesn't try real hard to get yards on those plays? You think there might be a reason why, outside of the poor edge blocking by Kearse.

None of this is rocket science.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3lw29awa said:
scrummymustard":3lw29awa said:
LeftHandSmoke":3lw29awa said:
scrummymustard":3lw29awa said:
at
---

Aren't they already the two most targeted?

On the season...yes they are, but I mean consistently nearly every game. Graham is a mismatch against anyone defending him. A linebacker is too slow and a DB is too small.

Graham has been basically ignored the last 3 games and misused in the red zone ever since we acquired him. It's as simple as having him run WR routes inside the 10 instead of the traditional TE role that he has been playing. He should never ever ever ever be pass blocking inside the 20. EVER.

I'm not calling for Bevell to get fired, I just want our best TD maker to be targeted correctly in obvious situations. We need to stop being cute and just beat teams with our best players. Stop treating him like he's a run of the mill TE. There is a reason we are paying him $10m a year, and it's not to be a decoy.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":33jnres5 said:

Oh good god, how can anybody post this ridiculous assessment?

Graham 3 targets Kearse 9.....yes for the ENTIRE game!!

Nothing more needs to be said.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Seymour":161137p6 said:
Siouxhawk":161137p6 said:

Oh good god, how can anybody post this ridiculous assessment?

Graham 3 targets Kearse 9.....yes for the ENTIRE game!!

Nothing more needs to be said.

When we target Graham 8+ times in a game this year we are 5-0-1. It's not a coincidence.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
hawk45":whd2ry7f said:
The broadcaster Lynch had a great point. Put another TE in the game if you have to to stay in and block and split Graham out wide.
So simple yet so hard for the Hawks to see this I just don't get it this should have been happening