Is Lane the answer at RCB?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cary Williams will be sitting in FA again. Just saying.

:stirthepot:

I agree though, perfect world Simon plays 16 games + postseason because he's the answer to that gaping hole. But we can't really count on that happening so I hope Seisay, Jean-Baptiste, or someone else from the draft can emerge as an option at that spot because I think Lane is a perfect nickel corner.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Davidess":2jph73xm said:
chris98251":2jph73xm said:
Seisay, Mohammed CB 6-2 202 25 2 Nebraska is a guy I would watch, was injured and we still signed him.

Also some guys to watch would be the PS guys. I.e Stanley Jean-baptiste. he was a former 2nd round pick. touted as a Richard Sherman like CB. could be because of his length more so than his play but we shall see. we actually have a lot of CBs coming back next year from injury and/or PS. will be interesting.

Oh snap, I totally forgot that Seattle has Stanley Jean-Baptiste. This guy does fit the mold for our corners. Damn, we sure do have a lot of options now. I like it. The fact that he's young, is a good thing too.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Here's a good test. While Lane was starting at CB, how many people on this site screamed for his head on a platter for doing something boneheaded?

Rob12

Reaction score
Davidess":2frby0eu said:
Rob12":2frby0eu said:
I like Lane a lot, but if he wants to test the market, let him. I think there's more talented players on the roster, but health is the question. I really like Simon, and think he's got a wonderful nasty streak, but he can't stay on the field. Seisay is another wild card that may end up being good. Tye Smith... It's already been said, this kid was on the 53 all season long so PC didn't want to even think about risking him on the PS. And of course, the draft is where it's at, and we typically do very well there.

I love Lane, but I don't think he's a No. 2 corner. If someone offers him No. 2 corner money, he's likely gone. But perhaps teams won't, and have learned from the Byron Maxwell signing. I can't imagine having to pay that guy $10M a season when he's not in a scheme that masks his many weaknesses. At one point in the season, he was literally the worst starting corner in the league. I think he rebounded a bit, but 10 million? There's always someone, and a team might throw $6-7M at Lane.

6-7 for lane? that might be pushing it for someone who has missed 23 games since he came into the league. I can see him doing between 2-3m maybe on a prove it deal but that is high side. It will be interesting but I think he will be back and attempt to maximize his contract for 2017 Free agency.

Didn't Cary Williams just get like $6M from us?

Maybe $2-3M is likely, but teams will overspend on Seahawks' DB's. Someone will give him $5M+. I don't think Maxwell has completely scared them all away quite yet.