Is part of Russ’s struggles due to death of Trevor Moawad?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Aros":2cnc4k7y said:
Russell is in a funk, no question. Part due to injury, part due to being rusty from having weeks off, the first time in his career in fact. And yes he has tendencies that gets him in trouble. But my goodness, some of the commentary I've been reading as of late is pure comic gold. He is still by far and away the most talented QB we have ever had, and if you don't think he will be enshrined in Canton someday you are being delusional. I'm too lazy to research and compile the list but if you could read every single NFL record he has broken, and his stats in general in 10 years you would be hard pressed to think anything other than what will his bust look like?

I usually reserve commenting on any of your posts - just due to respect.

But, separate from how 'good' or 'off' or 'bad' or 'not 100%' or whatever Russ is - it's now a square peg and a round hole type of situation. The stats and broken records don't matter - it's not working. I'd be happy to be proven wrong - and would totally enjoy his finger and his brain getting to 100% and winning out the season. Just don't think it's gonna happen. My take on it isn't "Russ Sucks" (and he has lately), but the "Situation Sucks".

As far as the original intent/OP - I do think his mentor passing could be affecting him, for sure - and possibly more than people might realize. But I could be wrong.

As far as the Canton stuff goes - well, yes, I'd agree that stats and records are important. But if he fizzles out in the last 1/2 of his career - I think that he could be looking at a SAlexander type situation - but I could be wrong. And I'm no expert on the Hall of Fame, it's processes, or it's politics.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
This IMO was a major catalyst in Russ’s regression this year. He wasn’t playing great last year but this year is several layers worse.